Simple Mafia 1

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Re: Simple Mafia 1

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Great game Oblivion and JA, :clap: apologies again for my post mortem post. :oops:

Aside from that, what did I do wrong?
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm

DP wrote:Great game Oblivion and JA, :clap: apologies again for my post mortem post. :oops:

Aside from that, what did I do wrong?
I was more impressed with what you and others did right. You and Ani left the traveling lynch-game show on the side of the road this time and played mafia. Not outing too soon was very good. And outing at a point when you had 2 town views and one scum view in hand was very good.

If I were giving out mvp awards, I'd have a hard choice between you and Uselesstwit.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Also, I know it's hard to play a good scum game, especially if you don't have a well established town game to try and mimic. Magiczippy, your posts in this game were at such odds with your play in the previous game. From my "informed" position in the bleachers they looked like a huge smokescreen, which usually doesn't work well if you have a clear and protown orientation when you are town. I'm not sure how you came off to other players, though. Being informed is so different from being town.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56 pm

oblivion wrote:Also, I know it's hard to play a good scum game, especially if you don't have a well established town game to try and mimic. Magiczippy, your posts in this game were at such odds with your play in the previous game. From my "informed" position in the bleachers they looked like a huge smokescreen, which usually doesn't work well if you have a clear and protown orientation when you are town. I'm not sure how you came off to other players, though. Being informed is so different from being town.
When I read back through the game after dying, and knowing that Feck and Twinkie were scum I spotted Magic as being one too, too much bluster not enough substance.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 pm

DP wrote:
oblivion wrote:Also, I know it's hard to play a good scum game, especially if you don't have a well established town game to try and mimic. Magiczippy, your posts in this game were at such odds with your play in the previous game. From my "informed" position in the bleachers they looked like a huge smokescreen, which usually doesn't work well if you have a clear and protown orientation when you are town. I'm not sure how you came off to other players, though. Being informed is so different from being town.
When I read back through the game after dying, and knowing that Feck and Twinkie were scum I spotted Magic as being one too, too much bluster not enough substance.
There's a clarity of mind that comes once we're out of the game. It's funny how that works! :biggrin:

J.A.Poisson

Post by J.A.Poisson » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 pm

DP wrote: When I read back through the game after dying
This is a good habit to get into.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 am

oblivious wrote:Also, I know it's hard to play a good scum game, especially if you don't have a well established town game to try and mimic. Magiczippy, your posts in this game were at such odds with your play in the previous game. From my "informed" position in the bleachers they looked like a huge smokescreen, which usually doesn't work well if you have a clear and protown orientation when you are town. I'm not sure how you came off to other players, though. Being informed is so different from being town.
Oblivious,
Your comments are noted and appreciated.
The whole point about this game is not to establish a town and mafia game.
I have two games under my belt and am lucky it's one of each.
But I play no style. I intend to lose a lot more games before that's clear.
The purpose of these formative games is not so much what you learn about me, but what I learn about you.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 am

Magicziggy wrote:
oblivious wrote:Also, I know it's hard to play a good scum game, especially if you don't have a well established town game to try and mimic. Magiczippy, your posts in this game were at such odds with your play in the previous game. From my "informed" position in the bleachers they looked like a huge smokescreen, which usually doesn't work well if you have a clear and protown orientation when you are town. I'm not sure how you came off to other players, though. Being informed is so different from being town.
Oblivious,
The purpose of these formative games is not so much what you learn about me, but what I learn about you.
I think it's good to experiment around with style of play. fThere is only one way to find out what works and what doesn't.

J.A.Poisson

Post by J.A.Poisson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 am

Magicziggy wrote: Oblivious,
Yes, a lot of people set out with this intention.