Simple Mafia 1

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: Simple Mafia 1

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:50 am

Twinkie wrote:Thanks for organising, oblivion :td:

I think I'll pass on playing these pure games for a bit, because I'm very hamstrung with my posting availability in these types of games.
Would a 24 hour game day help you?

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:16 am

oblivion wrote: skipping your kill on night 1 was an interesting approach. I think it lulled scum a little (or it would have lulled me). I've been pretty ruthless the few times that I've been the vigilante. If I don't have a strong sense of a scum player, then I kill someone I think town won't want around at endgame. Scum go after the good players at night, and to some extent so do town during the lynches. Sometimes you wind up with the least experienced players left in the game at endgame.
The idea of not letting the scum know there was a vigi was part of my original plan. I am annoyed at myself for losing patience, as I said, not much point of having a strategy if you lack the willpower to keep to it. I admit I was much distracted by the ratskep game, where I had a cop role, and a very active PM environment where a team of 4 innocents could get together and plot - the enjoyment and engagement in that game meant I was neglecting this one.

I think in future I'll keep to playing only 1 game at once.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:25 am

virphen wrote:
oblivion wrote: skipping your kill on night 1 was an interesting approach. I think it lulled scum a little (or it would have lulled me). I've been pretty ruthless the few times that I've been the vigilante. If I don't have a strong sense of a scum player, then I kill someone I think town won't want around at endgame. Scum go after the good players at night, and to some extent so do town during the lynches. Sometimes you wind up with the least experienced players left in the game at endgame.
The idea of not letting the scum know there was a vigi was part of my original plan. I am annoyed at myself for losing patience, as I said, not much point of having a strategy if you lack the willpower to keep to it. I admit I was much distracted by the ratskep game, where I had a cop role, and a very active PM environment where a team of 4 innocents could get together and plot - the enjoyment and engagement in that game meant I was neglecting this one.

I think in future I'll keep to playing only 1 game at once.
It's challenging to play 2 at once. If one is very intense, the other gets neglected. I was playing another game concurrent with the last half of the Spooks game. Fortunately(?) both games were intense for different reasons and I was able to balance them.

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Re: Simple Mafia 1 : Day 6

Post by colubridae » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 am

oblivion wrote:Magicziggy was scum.

Town wins! Congrats!

To both of you for the game and the congrats.
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 am

We win! Now I need to figure out how not to become the target every time. :(
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks Oblivion, JP, team mates, and to the victors the spoils.

Here's to the next one.

Feck

Post by Feck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 am

We were so close ...mostly because Dp investigated the wrong people for the first few days Our little team of scum worked hard and had you all fooled !

Thank you everybody .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 am

How do these games normally go?

Town win, scum win or 50-50?
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

Blip
About me: if you're in the least bit interested, by all means ask!

Post by Blip » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:24 am

:td: Many thanks to Oblivion and J. A. P. for organising; well done to Team Innocent and commiserations to the bad guys.
'Only connect...' E M Forster

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:05 am

colubridae wrote:How do these games normally go?

Town win, scum win or 50-50?
That's the goal. And it does trend toward 50-50 over time in no pm games. From what I've seen and been told, it's more like 70-30 in town's favor in PM games. It's extremely difficult to design a no-pm game that doesn't favor town.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Feck wrote:We were so close ...mostly because Dp investigated the wrong people for the first few days Our little team of scum worked hard and had you all fooled !

Thank you everybody .
You were the first person I investigated. I had to keep my mouth shut for two days while I tried to find your team mates.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Feck

Post by Feck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:51 pm

DP wrote:
Feck wrote:We were so close ...mostly because Dp investigated the wrong people for the first few days Our little team of scum worked hard and had you all fooled !

Thank you everybody .
You were the first person I investigated. I had to keep my mouth shut for two days while I tried to find your team mates.
Really because I asked my team mates not to shoot you because everyone would blame me ....... :lol:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Normal wrote:We win! Now I need to figure out how not to become the target every time. :(
I'm sorry I got you lynched. I was getting stressed about how many people we were losing. Looking back on your post with a clear head, they don't look like tells anymore. At the time I thought you were doing the cheerleader tell and trying extra hard to look confused and innocent.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:41 pm

In your face.

Scum.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 pm

My manners! Congratulations town :cheers: well played.

I was overly focused on finding the doctor this game but it seems there wasn't one. I don't think it changed the outcome of the game to hold off killing DP for a night, though. Town played well.

Oblivion, yes I'll give a 24hr day game a try :)