lolcat Mafia Peanut Gallery

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: lolcat Mafia Peanut Gallery

Post by oblivion » Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm

higgs2 wrote:
oblivion wrote:So do you guys like themes that aren't all about the organized crime? Or do you prefer more standard games?
Almost anything as long as it's no pm.
hahahaha!

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Tue May 04, 2010 5:25 pm

oblivion wrote:I have to agree with J.A. There are a lot of tells that stand out in the early days of a game. One of the best ways to learn to see them is to GM a game or two.

There is a lot of stylization to the in-thread play here at ratz. Both town and scum players do it. It's a sort of roleplay I guess. But it's completely irrelevant to what's happening in the game, and it doesn' disguise the tells at all.

I'm not sure why you do it or how it came about.
I've been thinking about setting up a game, either HHGG or discworld, probably the latter. Anywhere I can find tips on how to set one up?
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm

DP wrote:
oblivion wrote:I have to agree with J.A. There are a lot of tells that stand out in the early days of a game. One of the best ways to learn to see them is to GM a game or two.

There is a lot of stylization to the in-thread play here at ratz. Both town and scum players do it. It's a sort of roleplay I guess. But it's completely irrelevant to what's happening in the game, and it doesn' disguise the tells at all.

I've been thinking about setting up a game, either HHGG or discworld, probably the latter. Anywhere I can find tips on how to set one up?
I sent you a PM. I've been meaning to write up a couple of threads on game design and strategy, but have been lazy. I'll work on that in the next few days.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Tue May 04, 2010 6:32 pm

DP wrote:

Discworld! Maybe you collaborate with Oblivion to create a balanced game!
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Normal wrote:
DP wrote:

Someone has offered to help out and it means Oblivion gets to play instead of having to GM all the time.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

DP wrote:
Normal wrote:
DP wrote:

Someone has offered to help out and it means Oblivion gets to play instead of having to GM all the time.
That's a very nice thought!
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Wed May 05, 2010 4:22 am

Animavore wrote:I tried to put my mind into that of being innocent and then play it that way. I'm not sure how successful it is. It's hard to balance between too obvious and not obvious enough.
That's exactly what I was trying to do. Play as if I was really innocent. The problem comes when the group wants to lynch one of your scum team mates. It's tough to balance out trying to suggesting another (innocent) player or just voting with the group.

RA, I hate to say it - but there were a few posts that sounded like they were coming from a scum person! Maybe it was just because I knew you were though.