Paranioa mafia game signup

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Miss Anne Thrope
About me: You may have known me as Mal at RDF, but now I've...changed.

Re: Paranioa mafia game signup

Post by Miss Anne Thrope » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 am

This sounds bizarre. I'm in.
Normal size Mars Bars make excellent king size Mars Bars for dwarves and fun size Mars Bars for giants.

irreligionist
Peripheral participant
About me: nothing really to tell

Post by irreligionist » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:33 am

Miss Anne Thrope wrote:This sounds bizarre. I'm in.
With your avatar, I think you'll do well. My money is on Miss Thrope.

sifaka

Post by sifaka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:31 am

Ghatanothoa wrote:
The Computer is your friend.
The Computer wants you to be happy.
Happiness is mandatory.
Failure to be happy is treason.
Treason is punishable by summary execution.

OOOhhhhh, Disneyland Mafia....
I'm in :D

Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:00 am

sifaka wrote:
Ghatanothoa wrote:
The Computer is your friend.
The Computer wants you to be happy.
Happiness is mandatory.
Failure to be happy is treason.
Treason is punishable by summary execution.

OOOhhhhh, Disneyland Mafia....
I'm in :D
We should totally do a Disney Mafia...but only with the cutest characters possible. And lots and lots of blood.

RappingAgnostic
Legionary of Win
About me: Ask me, I'll tell you.

Post by RappingAgnostic » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 am

I'm in.
Down with Commies! :mob:

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am

Friend computer is compiling a list of attendees. Your patience is appreciated. Use the time to look for signs of mutation and communism in the room
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:59 am

I don't know a single thing about Paranoia but if it involves mutant Red Scare communist strawmen, I feel like I've been missing out.

CookieJon

Post by CookieJon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:00 am

heyzeus wrote:I don't know a single thing about Paranoia but if it involves mutant Red Scare communist strawmen, I feel like I've been missing out.
You've got the gist, it seems, but here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_% ... ng_game%29

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 am

are there any characters or will it just be town vs. communists or town vs. mutants? I'm not too familiar with how pen and paper RPGs work.

CookieJon

Post by CookieJon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:45 am

heyzeus wrote:are there any characters or will it just be town vs. communists or town vs. mutants? I'm not too familiar with how pen and paper RPGs work.
I don't know how the online version works, but if it's anything like the game, EVERYONE is secretly a mutant and/or a commie (although you'd better not admit it!), so it'll probably be something like town vs. town vs. town vs. town vs. computer.

Blip
About me: if you're in the least bit interested, by all means ask!

Post by Blip » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:45 am

AshtonBlack wrote:'Tis a very silly game, quite intensely funny and dark as hell.
Ooh, I'll play :tup:
'Only connect...' E M Forster

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:57 am

Citizen Cookiejohn, you appear to have access to information above your security clearance. Please report to level 7 immediately
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

CookieJon

Post by CookieJon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Ghatanothoa wrote:Citizen Cookiejohn, you appear to have access to information above your security clearance. Please report to level 7 immediately
Wasn't me, honest!! I don't even understand it!

I was just repeating something I overheard bLip telling anEmavore. Apparently he got it from paRwiz and paRpa, who were seen returning from Sector Z shortly before hAzeus, sifRka were seen LURKING SUSPICIOUSLY together in Corridor J!! dEp was there, ask him... he heard it too!!! The others were nowhere to be seen (which I find very suspicious) but I'm sure they're involved in the conspiracy as well!!

Personally, I think they're all mutant commies, so I thought I should do the right thing and report them all to you like a happy, good, and happy citizen should do.

:leave:
Last edited by CookieJon on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm

CookieJon wrote:
Ghatanothoa wrote:Citizen Cookiejohn, you appear to have access to information above your security clearance. Please report to level 7 immediately
Wasn't me, honest!! I don't even understand it!

I was just repeating something I overheard bLip telling anEmavore. Apparently he got it from paRwiz and paRpa, who were seen returning from Sector Z shortly before hAzeus, sifRka were seen LURKING SUSPICIOUSLY together in Corridor J!! dEp was there, ask him... he heard it too!!! hAzeus, sifRka and the others were nowhere to be seen (which I find very suspicious) but I'm sure they're involved in the conspiracy as well!!

Personally, I think they're all mutant commies, so I thought I should do the right thing and report them all to you like a happy, good, and happy citizen should do.

:leave:
That's just what you WANT us to believe. I have it on good authority, though none higher than the computer, that you were seen NOT being HAPPY!!!
You have been reported to the COMPUTER!!! :woot:

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm

I'm in. I'm also very happy about being in :?
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams