Starfleet Mafia

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Bilirubin
No Kill I!!!

Re: Starfleet Mafia

Post by Bilirubin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 am

Better is watching a corset wearer tap their reply to the bridge...

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 am

pics or gtfo

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Bilirubin wrote:
irretating wrote:
Feck wrote:And can we not call people Retards in this Friendly Mafia game please , even if it does seem like some of us are playing like TR Town .
Thanks feck. I was ready to quit this game until I saw your post :)
Seriously? Thought you antipodeans were made of sterner stuff.

(Don't worry, that is the extent to which I will go in a game. No goatse from me.)

Was going to send a PM with this but that makes GM's jumpy so I will post it .
Back in the day when this forum started getting into mafia Several TR players joined one of our games they played with their normal @abrasive@ and insulting style and were promptly warned (gently by mods )that Rationalia has Play Nice as it's first rule . Said players then did rage quits and are still slagging Ratz mafia off about it .

Plus a personal note I won't play TR mafia again until certain players stop using RETARD as a form of abuse during the game and ,more importantly, in post game talks . So that's why I'm a bit sensitive to the word
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Bilirubin
No Kill I!!!

Post by Bilirubin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:00 pm

It gets used so much its faded into the background of white noise for me. I know of the history, but was also under the impression that all was fair in mafia.

ETA: That said, its the level of the abrasive screaming that makes playing mafia there unpleasant for me. And the time commitment.

grit
About me: Calvinistic Christian, wandering pilgrim, and all 'round very odd fellow.

Post by grit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm

I'll reserve more comments on it 'till after the game, but I want to acknowledge and affirm.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 am

Feck wrote:Plus a personal note I won't play TR mafia again until certain players stop using RETARD as a form of abuse during the game and ,more importantly, in post game talks . So that's why I'm a bit sensitive to the word
Bilirubin wrote:It gets used so much its faded into the background of white noise for me. I know of the history, but was also under the impression that all was fair in mafia.
Feck, I remember being kind of offended at the beginning, but then after awhile, it doesn't really phase you. I think since it's tossed around so freely, it loses it's meaning and then you can't really be bothered to be offended by something that is meaningless.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:57 pm

so tempting, must resist...

ksen

Post by ksen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 pm

gib, you retard.

:D

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 pm

no its u yr the retard etc

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Feck wrote:Plus a personal note I won't play TR mafia again until certain players stop using RETARD as a form of abuse during the game and ,more importantly, in post game talks . So that's why I'm a bit sensitive to the word
Bilirubin wrote:It gets used so much its faded into the background of white noise for me. I know of the history, but was also under the impression that all was fair in mafia.
Feck, I remember being kind of offended at the beginning, but then after awhile, it doesn't really phase you. I think since it's tossed around so freely, it loses it's meaning and then you can't really be bothered to be offended by something that is meaningless.
no it's not the use of the word exactly if the word were changed to another of similar nature I would grow to dislike that one too , it's more the underlying projection of faults on to others and general vindictiveness .You lynch a town player it's not your fault it's their fault for being retarded and looking scummy .That sort of thing , It's most obvious in post game analysis but also in day one voting . Meh maybe I'm just being overly sensitive .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Bilirubin
No Kill I!!!

Post by Bilirubin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Lets take this subject up again in postgame.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Feck wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:
no it's not the use of the word exactly if the word were changed to another of similar nature I would grow to dislike that one too , it's more the underlying projection of faults on to others and general vindictiveness .You lynch a town player it's not your fault it's their fault for being retarded and looking scummy .That sort of thing , It's most obvious in post game analysis but also in day one voting . Meh maybe I'm just being overly sensitive .
this definitely happens, but it's not universal, and more and more there is pushback about it when someone goes overboard. and it has gone both ways. when someone actually does play a shitty day 1 and gets lynched for it, they often blame other players for their poor reads rather than taking responsibility for poor play.

I'm running into some serious headbutting with a couple players who want to reduce the game to pure probabilities in the midgame. different play-styles should be tolerated IMO, and in fact should be taken advantage of because of the relative strengths and weaknesses.

grit
About me: Calvinistic Christian, wandering pilgrim, and all 'round very odd fellow.

Post by grit » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 pm

I want to be a Klingon-friendly Tribble.

gandalf

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 am

Zigmen wrote:
oblivion wrote:
divagreen wrote:Is that....?
It's not gandalf. gandalf registered here as gandalf.
Also, Gandalf would be given the role of "The body" and summarily executed on night zero in any game i host, here.

TR is a better forum for his shenanigans.
rofl tell us wat u rly think dean

eta i mean inspect0r butthurt

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:32 am

Does this mean you are going to start playing here. If not, STFU.
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.