The Innsmouth Look game thread.

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: The Innsmouth Look finale and dramaz

Post by oblivion » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 am

DP set up a spoilers thread in a hidden forum at ratz for talking outside the writeboard. Aza, DP, Feck and I have a dozen or so posts there. I imagine DP will move it into this forum when he's up and about.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:22 am

diva gets bragging rights for spotting feck on day 1 btw.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 am

Grats Town and GG Aza!!!

I'm glad to have drawn a NK as I was plain old Vanilla.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 am

b.ternarius wrote:Mantis, most fun I've had in a mafia game in a long time. Thanks for not lynching me. :)
I'm glad that I didn't lynch you either. You did an awesome job with your role actually. It was true, everything you said looked genuine. And when you said "dammit ksen" I had to laugh because that was my exact reaction to raven/ob in the TR game (going on now) when I was town and she voted me.

It would have been nice not to have lynched UT - sorry again UT.

I actually protected ksen on night 5 because I really thought he was the tracker, and might have been able to give us some info the next day. in which he did... but in the form of scum bussing. (protected b.t on night 6)

Ob - I thought your timing was good in outing. Day 1 would definitely have been a bad idea. Day 3 might have worked, but it was a role that made for a lot to talk about.. so at least we were prepared and on our toes when you did out on day 2.

thanks for the game Aza :)

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 am

oblivion wrote:diva gets bragging rights for spotting feck on day 1 btw.
:swoon:
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 am

divagreen wrote:
oblivion wrote:diva gets bragging rights for spotting feck on day 1 btw.
:swoon:
Diva! There's a zombie sign-up I just jumped into! Please???? Brainzzzz!!!!
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:14 am

Sorry team! :cry:

Our board is hidden on this forum. I think DP needs to unhide it.

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:15 am

Oh, b.t. I toyed for a bit with offering to bring you along for the win if you targeted mantis and i targeted athene. Would you have gone for it?

Fun game Aza!!!

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 am

oblivion wrote:would like to hear thoughts. was I right or wrong to out when I did? or at all?

second time I've had this role. didn't expect a protector. don't think I would count on one if there is a next time.
I think you handled it the best you could.

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:21 am

Uselesstwit wrote:ksen I have to ask, why did you not kill b.tern on night 5?
I thought the best way to sow wifom was to skip that night's kill. When you're able to see our thread you'll see what I was thinking.

@Mantis - Who did you protect the last 2 nights?

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:23 am

oblivion wrote:yeah Ic you were right about ksen. we almost lynched him, too. I may never believe another of his role claims. ;ob;
Hahaha!! Yes you will. ;)

ksen

Post by ksen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
b.ternarius wrote:
Uselesstwit wrote:well done b.tern. i'll happily admit i was wrong. Still looks a bit unbalanced but the don effectively dieing if viewed is a weird counter balance to ob.
Thanks. I made plenty of errors. I really did think you might have turned, because ksen was really convincing as town. I also had a creeping fear at last kill that Athene would turn out to be the last investigator.
I actually had that thought as well. Was going to bring it up in the last round there, but thought against it -- I didn't want to bring any more complications about

Also, sorry I didn't protect you on night 3 Ob...huge mistake on my part. :( but we didn't really get much from night 4 (double night) anyway.. besides ksen handing DP to us. :P
I really toyed with the idea of "wondering" if athene was really the last investigator during this nights chat. Would that have been too obvious? I would have said something like:

"You know athene might just be the last investigator and is lying about being a seer. I mean a tracker and a seer? Plus her views for the last 4 nights have been conveniently worthless and that would also explain why there was no kill attempt on b.t. because she'd be committing suicide."

How would that have gone over?

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

The Innsmouth Look finale and dramaz

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:53 am

Congrats town and bt, great game aza, most fun i've had in a while.

Scum thread is visible now.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Feck

Post by Feck » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:16 am

A mental game AZA one of your best . Well done Town . Well done Aza and Ksen for nearly making it

told you DP is always scum ,and I told you to lynch Ksen ...oh why don't town trust me :hehe:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

The Innsmouth Look finale and dramaz

Post by Don't Panic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 am

Feck wrote:A mental game AZA one of your best . Well done Town . Well done Aza and Ksen for nearly making it

told you DP is always scum ,and I told you to lynch Ksen ...oh why don't town trust me :hehe:
By that token, you are also always scum.
That was my first scum game in ages.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.