General Photoshop Q&A.

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: General Photoshop Q&A.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Alright. Different EV, 15 images stacked:

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 pm

I didn't crop to the limits of the wings because I wanted to see/show what difference the stacking made at the extreme fore- and backgrounds.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Wow! :clap:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:18 pm

How about a reallly close stacked head/face shot, then? :pop:

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 pm

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:How about a reallly close stacked head/face shot, then? :pop:
:tiphat: Thanks for the inspiration to look into this.
JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:How about a reallly close stacked head/face shot, then? :pop:
What the hell. It's still early. :biggrin:

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:03 pm

:hehe: You asked for it. I told you it was dead:

Kidding aside, you see all that junk, black lines and squiggly shit? :think:

MiM
Man In The Middle

Post by MiM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Think I like the slightly darker one more, but that might well be my laptop screen. Some really nice detail, especially in the wings. The sw seems to bug a little, look at that strip over the tail :ask:
(This was for the first one, woun't comment on the face shot :shifty:)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:14 pm

What's all this image stacking about then?
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:14 pm

MiM wrote:Think I like the slightly darker one more, but that might well be my laptop screen. Some really nice detail, especially in the wings. The sw seems to bug a little, look at that strip over the tail :ask:
(This was for the first one, woun't comment on the face shot :shifty:)
Yeah, I see what you mean. I hadn't noticed that bit on the tail. I suppose it's a software problem in the crap in the headshot, too. Hmm. That doesn't bode well.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:16 pm

PsychoSerenity wrote:What's all this image stacking about then?
Kinda like merging several images with different focal points in order to get the best of all of them. I'm experiencing technical difficulties atm, tho. :(

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 pm

FBM wrote::hehe: You asked for it. I told you it was dead:

Kidding aside, you see all that junk, black lines and squiggly shit? :think:
Great shot/s! :D
How many layers? :ask:

Could those marks be on the sensor? Was the camera set with a narrow aperture? If so, widening it a bit might get rid of them.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:29 pm

This one was 13 layers. Hope to fuck it's not the sensor. It didn't show up like that on the full-body shot. The aperture on the head shot was f8, iirc. On the full body it was 5.6 or so. Also, for the headshot I added tubes and the 2X teleconverter. Maybe I need to clean the TC. That may be the culprit.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 pm

FBM wrote:
Kinda like merging several images with different focal points in order to get the best of all of them. I'm experiencing technical difficulties atm, tho. :(
I think of it like movie film. The individual images merge together to form something greater than the sum of the part.

I also like to read Goosebumps.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm counting lines and clusters of about 13 dots (so they're more or less in the same place in each image and get moved when the software matches the separate images up) so I think the marks must on either your sensor or the teleconverter.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
FBM wrote:
I think of it like movie film. The individual images merge together to form something greater than the sum of the part.

I also like to read Goosebumps.
I think of it kinda like an MRI scan or something along those lines.
JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:I'm counting lines and clusters of about 13 dots (so they're more or less in the same place in each image and get moved when the software matches the separate images up) so I think the marks must on either your sensor or the teleconverter.
Very astute observation! :D I'm 99% sure it's shit on the TC. Haven't seen any hints of a sensor problem in any other images.