God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
User avatar
amused
amused
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm
About me: Reinvention phase initiated
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Carry on then! :tup:

My complaint is that I paid for this so it will just work, and if it doesn't, I can get support. Neither of which is happening ATM.

User avatar
FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
Posts: 45327
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:43 pm
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by FBM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 pm

amused wrote:Carry on then! :tup:

My complaint is that I paid for this so it will just work, and if it doesn't, I can get support. Neither of which is happening ATM.
Since you paid for it, a foreign concept to me, I think you should storm their corporate offices with potato cannons and water balloons daily until satisfaction is achieved...
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

User avatar
Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Posts: 56476
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 am
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.
Location: Le sud du Pays de Galles.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Pappa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:02 pm

amused wrote:Carry on then! :tup:

My complaint is that I paid for this so it will just work, and if it doesn't, I can get support. Neither of which is happening ATM.
Have you emailed their tech support? If you've paid for a valid download, you should be able to access it again somehow.

User avatar
amused
amused
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm
About me: Reinvention phase initiated
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I see the same issue showing up in the support forums, so it's system-wide. I just need to re-download it for my laptop sometime in the next few days, so no real biggie, just annoying.

Regarding pirated stuff, here's a perfect example that just showed up in one of my Yahoo Groups:
I am trying to download a streaming flash video so I can burn a DVD of
it. After loading 3 trojans and 2 malwares on my system during my
efforts, I figured someone here probably knows of a legitimate piece of
software (free is better, but not absolutely necessary) to actually do
this. Its funny I have one for youtube and yahoo video and several
others but cant find to do Flash for some reason.
That's the part that keeps me away from pirating - the trojans and malware. You DO need special skills for that.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 pm

You have to have a couple of good A/V programs. Note that the example you cite is not a torrent, it's a video.
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Posts: 56476
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 am
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.
Location: Le sud du Pays de Galles.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Pappa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:32 pm

amused wrote:I see the same issue showing up in the support forums, so it's system-wide. I just need to re-download it for my laptop sometime in the next few days, so no real biggie, just annoying.

Regarding pirated stuff, here's a perfect example that just showed up in one of my Yahoo Groups:
I am trying to download a streaming flash video so I can burn a DVD of
it. After loading 3 trojans and 2 malwares on my system during my
efforts, I figured someone here probably knows of a legitimate piece of
software (free is better, but not absolutely necessary) to actually do
this. Its funny I have one for youtube and yahoo video and several
others but cant find to do Flash for some reason.
That's the part that keeps me away from pirating - the trojans and malware. You DO need special skills for that.
Just running the downloaded file through your antivirus should suffice. Plus, the comments and ratings on torrent downloads will let you know pretty quickly if there's a problem even before you download. For Windows and Adobe software, it's usually pretty easy to find a version that doesn't require activation, or any special tricks every month. The installers add all the update domains to your host file and don't allow the software to perform its usual checks and updates.

Though, if you're using the suite for business rather than pleasure it does make a lot of sense to fork out the cash for a legit version.

User avatar
Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god
Posts: 9418
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Azathoth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Adobe have a really retarded business model. They must know that absolutely everyone pirates their shit. You would think they would release a home licence for a much lower price. People might actually buy it then
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

User avatar
Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer
Posts: 20111
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Thinking Aloud » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:54 pm

amused wrote:none of my products show up on the 'your orders' page that supposedly gives a download button
On sites which have this, the "orders" page is usually dedicated to things you've ordered but not downloaded - not things you've already acquired. Is there a "products/licences registered to you" page somewhere? I've been thrown off scent by that distinction before. :dunno:

User avatar
Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Posts: 56476
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 am
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.
Location: Le sud du Pays de Galles.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Pappa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Azathoth wrote:Adobe have a really retarded business model. They must know that absolutely everyone pirates their shit. You would think they would release a home licence for a much lower price. People might actually buy it then
I think they just don't care. They know that the majority of businesses will pay for legit copies, which makes them their money, and the pirated home stuff just spreads the use of their software wider, which must also be a huge benefit to them.

User avatar
amused
amused
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm
About me: Reinvention phase initiated
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Thinking Aloud wrote:
amused wrote:none of my products show up on the 'your orders' page that supposedly gives a download button
On sites which have this, the "orders" page is usually dedicated to things you've ordered but not downloaded - not things you've already acquired. Is there a "products/licences registered to you" page somewhere? I've been thrown off scent by that distinction before. :dunno:
Yup, the products page shows my serial number, but no download button. I'm following their specific instructions to get the download. The twirly thingie runs for a few seconds like it's trying to load something into the page, and then nada. I'll contact them tomorrow. The only question now is if this will take days or weeks.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 pm

amused wrote:
Thinking Aloud wrote:
amused wrote:none of my products show up on the 'your orders' page that supposedly gives a download button
On sites which have this, the "orders" page is usually dedicated to things you've ordered but not downloaded - not things you've already acquired. Is there a "products/licences registered to you" page somewhere? I've been thrown off scent by that distinction before. :dunno:
Yup, the products page shows my serial number, but no download button. I'm following their specific instructions to get the download. The twirly thingie runs for a few seconds like it's trying to load something into the page, and then nada. I'll contact them tomorrow. The only question now is if this will take days or weeks.
Are you blocking pop-ups?
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
amused
amused
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm
About me: Reinvention phase initiated
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Nope. Turned them on and tried the page in three different browsers. It seems to be a system-wide issue because other people are complaining about it in the help forums.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm

amused wrote:Nope. Turned them on and tried the page in three different browsers. It seems to be a system-wide issue because other people are complaining about it in the help forums.
Ah, so you just have to wait until it's Monday in Cupertino, then.
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
amused
amused
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm
About me: Reinvention phase initiated
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
amused wrote:Nope. Turned them on and tried the page in three different browsers. It seems to be a system-wide issue because other people are complaining about it in the help forums.
Ah, so you just have to wait until it's Monday in Cupertino, then.
Probably, which shouldn't really matter because I'm pretty sure the help desks are in India.

User avatar
Robert_S
Cookie Monster
Posts: 13416
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:47 am
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Robert_S » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Pappa wrote:
Azathoth wrote:Adobe have a really retarded business model. They must know that absolutely everyone pirates their shit. You would think they would release a home licence for a much lower price. People might actually buy it then
I think they just don't care. They know that the majority of businesses will pay for legit copies, which makes them their money, and the pirated home stuff just spreads the use of their software wider, which must also be a huge benefit to them.
That's why they call those images "shooped".
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests