God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
amused
amused
About me: Reinvention phase initiated

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm

So.... tried to get help in the 'help' forum... The people there tried but eventually stopped responding.

So I tried the 24/7 online chat that is available whenever it's available... And after advising me to try a different browser, gave up. I told them I'd tried it in three different browsers and on three different computers. They said I'd hear from a 2nd tier of support within 2-3 days.

4-5 days later I get an email:
This is a known issue that you are unable to locate the Orders under your Adobe account.
Which is what I told them to begin with. WTF?

Anyhoo, it includes a convoluted set of instructions that I haven't tried yet.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Huh.... It's downloading something... I didn't tell it which OS I'm using before, so maybe I can hope that it figures it out.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am

And.... installed!

Took a WEEK but it's there.

Thank FUCKALL for whatever happened to get here.

I think it's a demonstration of extraordinary webskills that you can even download your own stuff!

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 am

Sploog...

InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks....

Mine! All mine!

Muwhahahahhahahha!!!!11!!

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:23 pm

amused wrote:Sploog...

Mine! All mine!

It is against common decency and taste to get excited about owning a copy of Dreamweaver. It is shameful.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 am

Pappa wrote:

Mine! All mine!

It is against common decency and taste to get excited about owning a copy of Dreamweaver. It is shameful.
:begging:

I used it to set up a simple site, once. You'll hate me for this even more, but for simple sites, Wordpress worked better. Trying to set up and manage a site in Dreamweaver is useful as a learning exercise for the non-IT person, to see how the parts work together.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 pm

amused wrote:
Pappa wrote:

Mine! All mine!

:begging:

I used it to set up a simple site, once. You'll hate me for this even more, but for simple sites, Wordpress worked better. Trying to set up and manage a site in Dreamweaver is useful as a learning exercise for the non-IT person, to see how the parts work together.
Fair point.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

I work in Flash a bit, and I'm trying to grok ActionScript, which I know is a derivative of Javascript and at its base ECMAscript. I've worked with a lot of somewhat sophisticated programs including LightWave 3D, Mirage/VideoPaint, and Flash, plus a variety of video and audio editing programs. I've found that after a while of working with a program, there's a sudden 'aha!' moment when it makes sense.

How can I get to that moment faster?

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

amused wrote:I work in Flash a bit, and I'm trying to grok ActionScript, which I know is a derivative of Javascript and at its base ECMAscript. I've worked with a lot of somewhat sophisticated programs including LightWave 3D, Mirage/VideoPaint, and Flash, plus a variety of video and audio editing programs. I've found that after a while of working with a program, there's a sudden 'aha!' moment when it makes sense.

How can I get to that moment faster?
I dunno. I always found Actionscript to be a bit of a pain in the arse and very quirky, though Actionscript 3 is a lot better. Just keep working at it and it'll click.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks Pappa.

My workplace, at a major state agency, just got migrated to servers that don't run Windoze NT. The Great Migration quickly became the Great Extinction when none of us could connect the next day. When the IT support person came over and had to valiantly reconfigure each workstation, I was somewhat surprised and then filled with empathy when he had to run a basic search on my workstation to find out where critical files were located. Humans....