I love it when a plane comes together!

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: I love it when a plane comes together!

Post by klr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 am

Pappa wrote:klr, I saw this in the shop before Christmas and immediately thought of you...
IMG_1012.JPG
:biggrin:

I saw it as well, but was already struggling under the bulk of considerable kit purchases. I still intend to get it though. I already have an older book on the history of Airfix, but I can always do with another. :read:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

klr

Post by klr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 pm

One of the weirdest aircraft ever, the Blohm und Voss B+V 141. This is the ancient Airfix kit, which takes some (read: lots) of work to make it presentable:

God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Needs more Indiana Jones.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

klr

Post by klr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Needs more Indiana Jones.
If there was a kit available of that oddity at a half-reasonable price, I guarantee you I would have it. I do have a few kits of Luftwaffe "what-ifs" - in fact I should be posting pictures "soon". Flying wings included, but not the ROTLA plane, which was pure Spielberg.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:09 pm

You have the other asymmetrical plane? Forget the Nazi designation.

klr

Post by klr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:You have the other asymmetrical plane? Forget the Nazi designation.
I have another, but it never flew - it's Luft 46 material. The Blohm and Voss P.194:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss_P.194
http://www.luft46.com/bv/bvp19401.html

... if there's another actual asymmetric Luftwaffe aircraft, then my memory must be going. :zilla:

EDIT: There was the Blohm and Voss P.178:

http://www.luft46.com/bv/bvp178.html

Status unclear.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

The one I'm thinking of has twin fuselages.

klr

Post by klr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:The one I'm thinking of has twin fuselages.
Nope, doesn't ring a bell. The Germans had any number of crazy designs - on paper. Very few got off the drawing board, and only some of those reached the early testing stage.

There was the He 111 Z (twin) glider towing aircraft, but I don't think that's what your referring to. Something smaller maybe.

klr

Post by klr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:33 pm

There's a particular fascination with Nazi "what-ifs" - Luft' 46. I don't really go in for this myself, but that doesn't mean I haven't dabbled:

Horton / Gotha 229 - Revell

Horton / Gotha 229 - Pioneer Models, a Turkish company. Generally a much inferior kit, but with much sharper trailing edges. I'm a stickler for realistic trailing edges ...

Focke-Wulf TA "Flitzer" - Revell. This was a mixed propulsion design (jet & rocket)

Focke-Wulf Ta 183 Huckebein (Hunchback) - Pioneer Models, although good enough for Revell to licence it.

The Messerschmitt P-1111 - Pioneer Models

Another Messerschmitt design, the Lippisch P.13a - Pioneer Models. Fancy sitting on top of a coal-powered ramjet?