Help me feed my pussy.

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: Help me feed my pussy.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Ironclad wrote:Don't feed them at all in the summer months. Sit back and watch them bring home tasty wabbits! :food:
"A nice brace of conies."
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Ironclad
I feel nekkid.
About me: Hadean.

Post by Ironclad » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Ironclad wrote:Don't feed them at all in the summer months. Sit back and watch them bring home tasty wabbits! :food:
"Poe-Tae-Toes" :hehe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsgoXvnStY

Nidor meus caseus vos matris  

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Ironclad wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:
"Poe-Tae-Toes" :hehe:

Ironclad
I feel nekkid.
About me: Hadean.

Post by Ironclad » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:13 pm

:funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsgoXvnStY

Nidor meus caseus vos matris  

Blip
About me: if you're in the least bit interested, by all means ask!

Post by Blip » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Many people - and I am one of them - judge that a predominantly wet food diet is essential for cats to ensure adequate fluid intake. You should also look for foods with a very high meat / fish content, rather than those which are based on cereals (another reason that dry foods are less suitable).

If you'd like to gain some good advice on feline nutrition and other cat care matters, can I recommend http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk It's a feline welfare forum, many of whose members work on the front line in cat rescue. I moderate on there, so if you let me know your user name, I'll look out for you :tup:
'Only connect...' E M Forster

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Blip wrote:Many people - and I am one of them - judge that a predominantly wet food diet is essential for cats to ensure adequate fluid intake. You should also look for foods with a very high meat / fish content, rather than those which are based on cereals (another reason that dry foods are less suitable).

If you'd like to gain some good advice on feline nutrition and other cat care matters, can I recommend http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk It's a feline welfare forum, many of whose members work on the front line in cat rescue. I moderate on there, so if you let me know your user name, I'll look out for you :tup:
Blip, you can add that URL to your sig if you want. :tup:

PairOfFeet

Post by PairOfFeet » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Moved to the Seminary as instructions are being requested. (Damn near moved it to NSFW without looking at it. :hehe:)
An Arabian guy at the aeroport:
- Name?
- Ahmed al-Rhazib.
- Sex?
- Three to five times a week.
- No, no… I mean male or female?
- Male, female, sometimes camel.
- Holy cow!
- Yes, cow, sheep, animals in general.
- But isn’t that hostile?
- Horse style, doggy style, any style!
- Oh dear!
- No, no! Deer run too fast.

Blip

Post by Blip » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am

Gawdzilla wrote:
Blip wrote:Many people - and I am one of them - judge that a predominantly wet food diet is essential for cats to ensure adequate fluid intake. You should also look for foods with a very high meat / fish content, rather than those which are based on cereals (another reason that dry foods are less suitable).

Thanks, Gawdzilla, I shall do that. :td:

hadespussercats
I've come for your pants.
About me: Looks pretty good, coming out of the back of his neck like that.

Post by hadespussercats » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Blip wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:

Thanks, Gawdzilla, I shall do that. :td:
Thanks for this link-- I'll check it out when I can. Our cat is a shelter cat, BTW-- something I believe in pretty strongly. There are too many cats without homes or love to spend gajillions on some designer breed.

But I thought the dry food was good for their teeth? If you get a good brand?
The green careening planet
spins blindly in the dark
so close to annihilation.

Listen. No one listens. Meow.

hadespussercats
I've come for your pants.
About me: Looks pretty good, coming out of the back of his neck like that.

Post by hadespussercats » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm

PairOfFeet wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:Moved to the Seminary as instructions are being requested. (Damn near moved it to NSFW without looking at it. :hehe:)
Heh.
The green careening planet
spins blindly in the dark
so close to annihilation.

Listen. No one listens. Meow.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 am

The consensus seems to be for a balance between wet and dry foods, which is what our 2 spayed females get; (of course, provide a good supply of drinking water). One of ours is lean, slinky and active, the other is plump and lazy, but we treat them both the same... :dono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Feck

Post by Feck » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 am

JimC wrote:The consensus seems to be for a balance between wet and dry foods, which is what our 2 spayed females get; (of course, provide a good supply of drinking water). One of ours is lean, slinky and active, the other is plump and lazy, but we treat them both the same... :dono:
Dried food does clean their teeth a bit more but I would never keep a cat on just dried food .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 am

JimC wrote:The consensus seems to be for a balance between wet and dry foods, which is what our 2 spayed females get; (of course, provide a good supply of drinking water). One of ours is lean, slinky and active, the other is plump and lazy, but we treat them both the same... :dono:
You need to get the plump one into the habit of exercise. Homemade cat toys will do the trick once she gets the idea. Mine queen lost 6 oz. in six months. :tup:

Blip

Post by Blip » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 am

hadespussercats wrote:But I thought the dry food was good for their teeth? If you get a good brand?
The way it was described to me was that it's a bit like cleaning your own teeth with pretzels. Several of the members on the Purrs forum feed their cats raw chicken wings to clean their teeth, although I don't myself.

In terms of dried food, cereal isn't a natural diet for a cat. You can get dried foods like Orijen which contain no grains, though: some people opt for these.

All this being said, I myself leave down a small amount of high quality, high fibre dried food for Blip to eat should she become hungry during the day, but her two main meals are wet foods with a high fish content.

I'll also add my voice in agreement that milk is bad for cats: they can't digest it properly. Blip does eat the occasional fragment of grated cheese though!

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Blip wrote:
hadespussercats wrote:But I thought the dry food was good for their teeth? If you get a good brand?
The way it was described to me was that it's a bit like cleaning your own teeth with pretzels. Several of the members on the Purrs forum feed their cats raw chicken wings to clean their teeth, although I don't myself.

In terms of dried food, cereal isn't a natural diet for a cat. You can get dried foods like Orijen which contain no grains, though: some people opt for these.

All this being said, I myself leave down a small amount of high quality, high fibre dried food for Blip to eat should she become hungry during the day, but her two main meals are wet foods with a high fish content.

I'll also add my voice in agreement that milk is bad for cats: they can't digest it properly. Blip does eat the occasional fragment of grated cheese though!
You can give them lactose-free milk as an occasional treat (my wife gets that for herself, and sometimes I pinch a bit...), as it is the laactose most (but not all) cats cannot digest.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!