BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

User avatar
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
Posts: 32964
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:25 pm
About me: The money was just resting in my account.
Location: Airstrip Two
Contact:

BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by klr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:30 pm

A long article, and a very good read, even if little is new:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150803 ... on-is-real
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

User avatar
Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.
Posts: 23722
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 pm

That really was a long article.


User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 27294
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:40 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 10154
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am
About me: Pre-Modernist
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by rainbow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

Clinton Huxley wrote:That really was a long article.
I saved myself the time by realising that I wasn't in fact a single-celled organism.
aingira usaina duzu

User avatar
Rum
Absent Minded Processor
Posts: 37285
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: South of the border..though not down Mexico way..
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Rum » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:32 am

This thread hasn't evolved very much since 2015. :tea:

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by mistermack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am

Rum wrote:This thread hasn't evolved very much since 2015. :tea:
It can only evolve if it reproduces.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.
Posts: 23722
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Clinton Huxley » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 pm

It's in punctuated equilibrium.

I expect it'll saltate any minute.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 52451
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Clinton Huxley wrote:That really was a long article.
It must have been. It took you over two years to read it! :shock:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.
Posts: 23722
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Clinton Huxley » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:33 pm

pErvin wrote:
Clinton Huxley wrote:That really was a long article.
It must have been. It took you over two years to read it! :shock:
I like to take my time.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Am I the only one who expects that Clinton Huxley to look just like the guy in his avatar?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Rum
Absent Minded Processor
Posts: 37285
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: South of the border..though not down Mexico way..
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Forty Two wrote:Am I the only one who expects that Clinton Huxley to look just like the guy in his avatar?
I've met him.

He does. :{D

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 35358
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm

rainbow wrote:
Clinton Huxley wrote:That really was a long article.
I saved myself the time by realising that I wasn't in fact a single-celled organism.
Not only a multicellular organism, but a self aware sentient one with a multitude of specific adaptations, many completely unique in the animal kingdom
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by mistermack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Svartalf wrote:
rainbow wrote: many completely unique in the animal kingdom
As opposed to fairly unique ?? :biggrin:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 52451
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: BBC - How Do We Know Evolution is Really Happening?

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

My son told me the other day that God designed everything. Gunna have to sort that boy out...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests