Evolution for fundamentalists

Post Reply
User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 29454
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am

Creationist read this book and found it OK for quote mining:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067463 ... d_asin_lnk

he did twist the title a bit to make his case, to annoy rational people. For the Darwinists.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Tero wrote:Creationist read this book and found it OK for quote mining:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067463 ... d_asin_lnk

he did twist the title a bit to make his case, to annoy rational people. For the Darwinists.
Calling evolutionary theory "Darwinism" is like calling aeronautical engineering "Wrightism". (By me.)
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 29454
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh but I like being a Darwinist. It annoys them more.

Catch of the day:
"How do they manage it? How do they accept that scientific method everywhere else *except* when it comes to life? "

Because they don't know how the scientific method works. They think that scientists go into the lab, put on a white coat, stir up some scary things fuming in flasks, and then come up with some sort of absolute irrefutable facts.

I heard a very scary story today about the lack of scientific understanding among the general public. Apparently 70% of Americans, Canadians, and Brits agreed with the statement: "Genetically modified tomatoes have genes, but regular tomatoes do not."
And milk is made of MLK molecules.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Tero wrote:Oh but I like being a Darwinist. It annoys them more.

Catch of the day:
"How do they manage it? How do they accept that scientific method everywhere else *except* when it comes to life? "

Because they don't know how the scientific method works. They think that scientists go into the lab, put on a white coat, stir up some scary things fuming in flasks, and then come up with some sort of absolute irrefutable facts.

I heard a very scary story today about the lack of scientific understanding among the general public. Apparently 70% of Americans, Canadians, and Brits agreed with the statement: "Genetically modified tomatoes have genes, but regular tomatoes do not."
And milk is made of MLK molecules.
So skim milk would be make of MLK jr molecules?
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 29454
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Duh! skim milk has mlk molecules!
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Tero wrote:Duh! skim milk has mlk molecules!
If you say so. :ask:
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 34767
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Svartalf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 pm

So should I call my morning mug 'reverend'?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Svartalf wrote:So should I call my morning mug 'reverend'?
Just don't ask if it would like a shot.
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 34767
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Svartalf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Shots don't go in the mug, I got glasses for that.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Svartalf wrote:Shots don't go in the mug, I got glasses for that.
Ultimate Irish Coffee

Ingredients:
2 ounces Baileys® Original Irish Cream
6 oz. hot coffee
1 fl oz Bushmills® Irish Whiskey
Directions:
Add Baileys Original Irish Cream, coffee and Bushmills Irish Whiskey to a tall "Irish coffee" glass. Top with whipped cream if desired.

This recipe contains no more than 0.6 fl. oz. of alcohol per serving.
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 34767
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Svartalf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:39 pm

I seldom spike y coffee... at worst, I put some rum and lemon juice together with hot water or tea when I need throat/cold relief.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 29454
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Tero wrote:Duh! skim milk has mlk molecules!
If you say so. :ask:
And for completeness, 2% milk is 2% MLK and 98% mlk molecules.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Tero wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Tero wrote:Duh! skim milk has mlk molecules!
If you say so. :ask:
And for completeness, 2% milk is 2% MLK and 98% mlk molecules.
What about fat-free skim milk?
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 29454
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Fat is not a molecule. It's part of the packaging.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
Posts: 151265
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.
Contact:

Re: Evolution for fundamentalists

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Tero wrote:Fat is not a molecule. It's part of the packaging.
Cool, so I'm not a molecule.
Image
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest