Sex on the new forum

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Flora

Re: Sex on the new forum

Post by Flora » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:10 pm

The discussion is unlocked at RationalSkepticism if anyone wants to post their opinions.
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/feedb ... t1782.html

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Flora wrote:The discussion is unlocked at RationalSkepticism if anyone wants to post their opinions.
:woot: :woot: :woot:

The free world is saved!

:toot: :toot: :toot:

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by maiforpeace » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 am

JimC wrote:
Flora wrote:The discussion is unlocked at RationalSkepticism if anyone wants to post their opinions.

The free world is saved!

It's unlocked to post opinions. :ddpan:

I made the mistake of thinking that meant it was open for discussion.
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 am

maiforpeace wrote:It's unlocked to post opinions. :ddpan:

I think we can view prudishness like religion.

Prudes will, of course, have to have a semen-free environment (even the text kind). There are also many who, while not prudish themselves, will support prudish rules so as to kowtow to the prudish majority not get the site banned by prudish bosses (though the site organizers are NOT AT ALL prudish, you understand).

It's like non-religious trying to respect religion, in my view. That is why, over there, I chose the name 'Cunt'. Their changing of it told me quickly where they stood with regards to religious views prudishness propriety.

Hey, maiforpeace, I like your acceptance of my vulgarity. It warms me. I want to point that out because I wouldn't ever want you to think it wasn't worth living that way.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 am

What did they change it to?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:01 am

virphen wrote:What did they change it to?
The alternate I offered. I may just post a bit there, too. I doubt it, though. If one simple four-letter word can incite them to heavy-handed editing of my writing (I offered to let them talk me into it, but they instead just changed it without trying to justify their choice) I don't know WHAT they would do about some of the other things I said.

I chose 'Pudendum' as my alternate. Now, it has only one meaning in English. (though in it's original Latin it meant 'shame')
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 am

maiforpeace wrote:
JimC wrote:

The free world is saved!

It's unlocked to post opinions. :ddpan:

I just read all of the currently 135 posts. Whereas the moderators at RS are unyielding in regard to the relevant rule as it stands, the discussion seems to be open indeed. Did I miss something?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

maiforpeace

Post by maiforpeace » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:00 am

Cunt wrote:
virphen wrote:What did they change it to?
The alternate I offered. I may just post a bit there, too. I doubt it, though. If one simple four-letter word can incite them to heavy-handed editing of my writing (I offered to let them talk me into it, but they instead just changed it without trying to justify their choice) I don't know WHAT they would do about some of the other things I said.

I chose 'Pudendum' as my alternate. Now, it has only one meaning in English. (though in it's original Latin it meant 'shame')
Fuck 'em if they can't take a cunt. :cheers:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Did something happen to dispel that thought, Mai? (I haven't looked at the thread since, yet)
no fences

CJ

Post by CJ » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Charlou wrote:

Did something happen to dispel that thought, Mai? (I haven't looked at the thread since, yet)
Mai bumped into that well known iceberg (as in immovable object) Gallstones.

maiforpeace

Post by maiforpeace » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 pm

CJ wrote:
Charlou wrote:

Mai bumped into that well known iceberg (as in immovable object) Gallstones.
:lol:

When the first response someone gives to a serious statement is "Are you serious" I don't consider them to be very willing to consider another person's point of view. The place or the subject isn't important enough for me to want to get into it with her.

Shuggy

Post by Shuggy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 am

RuleBritannia wrote:When the 'exodus' happened all the fun people came here can all the nazi's went there.
Do you mean they stayed at RDF?

I have enrolled both here and at Rational Skepticism. What is the difference? Is one more agreeable to RDFugees than the other? I would rather focus my attention on one unless there is a clear difference of focus. EG, one of the things I liked about RDF was its non-Americentricity. Does either of these share that admirable trait? Obsex: do they have different policies on sex?

Shuggy

Post by Shuggy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 am

Random Mutant wrote:
mark1961 wrote:
devogue wrote:I think I'll start a new thread there.

Something like...

What does semen taste like? Seriously.
Orrid. It cloys and leaves a weird taste in the back of your mouth. Not as bad as earwax though. I was so surprised at how bad that tasted I had to try it twice.
I'm told by a reliable source (my wife) that coke is a good way to cleanse the palate... :drool:
I'm told it tastes better after he has been eating pineapple.

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 am

Shuggy wrote:
RuleBritannia wrote:When the 'exodus' happened all the fun people came here can all the nazi's went there.

I have enrolled both here and at Rational Skepticism. What is the difference? Is one more agreeable to RDFugees than the other? I would rather focus my attention on one unless there is a clear difference of focus. EG, one of the things I liked about RDF was its non-Americentricity. Does either of these share that admirable trait? Obsex: do they have different policies on sex?
RatSkep is more like how RDF was Ratz is more laid back, less formal, more open to things like sexual discussion.

Both approaches are just fine with me. I like it here, I like it there. I have friends here, I have friends there, and many are members of both. There are some arseholes here, there are some arseholes on ratskep.

I don't think there needs to be any us & them shit. Both places complement each other nicely imo.

Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer

Post by Thinking Aloud » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 am

Shuggy wrote:

When RDF capsized, a lot of people came here to gather on the way to the promised land. They set up RatSkep as a continuation of RDF, with the same kinds of forums, rules, and so on, and most have sailed off there, but retain a membership here.

Rationalia was set up over a year ago mostly by the community that was forced to walk the plank from RDF in 2008 for wanting to use words like "semen". They're still here, and still use words like "semen" occasionally - but Rationalia is more of a social club / group of friends who happen to be atheists (mostly) than the Atheist / Freethinking Light In The Darkness that RDF was / RatSkep is following up.

I caricature slightly, but everyone is welcome in both places. There's more serious discussion over there, and more bawdy debauchery here. :cheers: