A new home for refugees...

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
HughMcB
Location: Toronto, Canada. . . . . . . . . . . . . (natural habitat: Ireland)

A new home for refugees...

Post by HughMcB » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Afternoon all,

One of our wonderful friends, Life, has set up an alternative forum for all of us blow ins to go and get some perspective on things (if only as a temporary measure). People here at Rationalia have been beyond wonderful to us, I really don't have enough words (or time) to fully convey our deepest gratitude to letting such an unruly mob as us infest your quiet little part of the interwebz and kick up such a fuss.

It really is such an awesome reflection of character that you have welcomed so many strangers (along with old friends) so unselfishly into your humble home. I for one can say that I will remain frequenting this abode as I find it a joy to take part in with so many wonderful individuals.

However, this is OUR mess. The RDF forum members are responsible for themselves, and as such we should not be a burden to others. Therefore I will suggest that those who wish go to;

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/index.php

... at least in order to vent any residual hurt feelings and bruised egos. I also urge all exRDF-ers to respect all these wonderful people here who have shown us some real online love (and not the sitting alone in a sweaty, dark room kind) and keep up posting and contributing to this great forum who have pulled through for us in our hour days of need. I know I'm certainly not done with you all yet. :naughty:

Life, is busy working away over on RationalSkepticism.org in preparation for some influx and at this early stages all suggestions, helpful comments and even constructive criticisms (don't worry we won't delete you ;) ) are more than welcome.

All newcomers, oldcomers, latecomers and prematurecomers are welcome.

Thank you,
HughMcB

PS I want to passionately and remorselessly make sweet sweet love to each and every sexy Ratioanlia member, there will be no escape! :naughty:
Timonenfail wrote:We are all very excited about the new changes.
Quote-mine Dawkins wrote:If I ever had any doubts that RD.net needs to change, and rid itself of this particular aspect of Internet culture, they are dispelled by this episode.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: A new home for refugees...

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Stickied this thread.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

CJ

Post by CJ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Well please come back and relax and have fun, that's what this place is all about :biggrin:

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by maiforpeace » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Glad to hear you are settling in new digs, and here - best to all, the healing is beginning... :flowers:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

CJ wrote:Well please come back and relax and have fun, that's what this place is all about :biggrin:
Ratz is where to come when the Vogons are overhead. :tup:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

GenesForLife
Bertie Wooster

Post by GenesForLife » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

I hope some of you will stay here, if that isn't a problem to the other Ratz denizens :(

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Post by Kristie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 pm

GenesForLife wrote:I hope some of you will stay here, if that isn't a problem to the other Ratz denizens :(
We welcome anyone that feels comfortable here. No one forum is right for everyone, but this place certainly has it's perks. :biggrin:
We danced.

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Post by cowiz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:41 pm

FIO wrote:
GenesForLife wrote:I hope some of you will stay here, if that isn't a problem to the other Ratz denizens :(
We welcome anyone that feels comfortable here. No one forum is right for everyone, but this place certainly has it's perks. :biggrin:
Quite right. And it's the only one that currently features pawiz.
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

Kristie
Elastigirl

Post by Kristie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm

pawiz wrote:
FIO wrote:
That's not a perk that a quirk. :what:
We danced.

Hollis

Post by Hollis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Has anyone else read ''Richard Dawkins' Announcement'' on the RD forum? Some pretty incredible abuse directed towards its founder there.

I have to admit that I really don't understand what's going on here. Apparently, the site is just being updated but other people say it has been axed completely.

GenesForLife
Bertie Wooster

Post by GenesForLife » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

pawiz wrote:
FIO wrote:
Never forget Cheese :biggrin:

Kristie
Elastigirl

Post by Kristie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Hollis wrote:Has anyone else read ''Richard Dawkins' Announcement'' on the RD forum? Some pretty incredible abuse directed towards its founder there.

I have to admit that I really don't understand what's going on here. Apparently, the site is just being updated but other people say it has been axed completely.
It's being completely changed. The forum is gone. A discussion board will replace it, but no off topic discussions. And, all thread topics must be approved.
We danced.

HughMcB

Post by HughMcB » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Hollis wrote:Has anyone else read ''Richard Dawkins' Announcement'' on the RD forum? Some pretty incredible abuse directed towards its founder there.

Hahaha! :funny: :funny: :funny:

You've got to be kidding me right?!

Read this blog for the full story....
http://realityismyreligion.wordpress.co ... open-soon/
Quote-mine Dawkins wrote:If I ever had any doubts that RD.net needs to change, and rid itself of this particular aspect of Internet culture, they are dispelled by this episode.

Mac_Guffin

Post by Mac_Guffin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm just going where the majority goes. :dono:

HughMcB

Post by HughMcB » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Mac_Guffin wrote:I'm just going where the majority goes. :dono:
I'm with you 100%, we just want to stick with all our online pals now don't we! ;)