Saved RDF threads - thank you

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
enkidu

Re: Saved RDF threads - thank you!

Post by enkidu » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:28 am

:cheers:
my download on firefox worked fine, too, although I haven't started to use it yet
"That's not a dragon, that's a Norwegian Ridgeback!"

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 am

fuck you & fuck your god wrote:It is going to take a long time, as of now, it has 298k files to go, averaging about 100-200KB/sec :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
So we are off.
I hope you are using an ftp client that can upload multiple files in parallel :biggrin:

fuck you & fuck your god
About me: aka mechtheist
Off my meds again

Post by fuck you & fuck your god » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 am

NineBerry wrote:
fuck you & fuck your god wrote:It is going to take a long time, as of now, it has 298k files to go, averaging about 100-200KB/sec :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
So we are off.
I hope you are using an ftp client that can upload multiple files in parallel :biggrin:
Using filezilla-windows, seems to do 2 at once, it is utilizing most of the available bandwidth about half the time, it varies, don't know why, maybe size of files-the overhead with that?? between an average of about 100KB/s to 200+KB/s, the max I can get is about 250KB/s. Is there something significantly better? I don't ftp that often so it hasn't been much of a concern.
Image Image Image
Is life not a hundred times too short for us to stifle ourselves--Nietzsche

fuck you & fuck your god
Off my meds again

Post by fuck you & fuck your god » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 am

Never mind on the multiple transfers, it goes to 10, i just set to 9 and my BW is maxing out :toot:

So, about 5.5 hrs.
Image Image Image

anthonzi

Post by anthonzi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 am

NineBerry wrote:Okay, it's finished.

Here's the download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/224795/RD/Full-RDF.rar

The download is 653 MB.
The unpacked version needs approx. 6 GB.

When unpacked, start by opening index.html.
Woo! download took less than 10 minutes! Extraction time is supposedly about the same. I'll have to remember to use this service more often. Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

Winrar is buggin. Don't know why it ran for 10 min. and only extracted the index.

ADDIT: So did you say you were able to recover the posts made by the deleted accounts too? cus I looked through some of the deleted usernames and could only find a few hundred posts instead of thousands...

fuck you & fuck your god
Off my meds again

Post by fuck you & fuck your god » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:10 am

Update--I am currently fucked on the upload, while I have 100GB of space, there is a file number limit :pissed: of 262,144, and we need 300K+, so I will have to deal with. The 24/7 customer service is down 'due to inclement weather in the Philadelphia area'. Sorry, will get done soon.

Update to the update: I'm fucked, they have no way of increasing allowed files, it's almost 3 am, I'm tired, can't take another pill till later, it's nappie time, if you guys have an idea of how to get around this, or decrease needed # of files by 40k, I'm all ears (or will be in 3 or 4 hours that is)
Image Image Image

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:21 am

anthonzi wrote: Winrar is buggin. Don't know why it ran for 10 min. and only extracted the index.
The archive is a "solid" archive, which means that it needs to process the whole archive even if it wants to only extract one file. "Solid archives" can achieve a much better compression ration when compressing lots of small files.

You should tell winrar to extract the whole archive at once.
anthonzi wrote: ADDIT: So did you say you were able to recover the posts made by the deleted accounts too? cus I looked through some of the deleted usernames and could only find a few hundred posts instead of thousands...
I didn't make any additional efforts to recover lost posts. Some posts (e.g. by Topsy) are there because they were downloaded by me before the posts were deleted.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 am

fuck you & fuck your god wrote:Update--I am currently fucked on the upload, while I have 100GB of space, there is a file number limit :pissed: of 262,144, and we need 300K+, so I will have to deal with. The 24/7 customer service is down 'due to inclement weather in the Philadelphia area'. Sorry, will get done soon.

Update to the update: I'm fucked, they have no way of increasing allowed files, it's almost 3 am, I'm tired, can't take another pill till later, it's nappie time, if you guys have an idea of how to get around this, or decrease needed # of files by 40k, I'm all ears (or will be in 3 or 4 hours that is)
I have no idea how to reduce the number of files. While this problem lasts, you should at least make sure that the following list of files is on your site, so that the threads that are already online at least look good.
  • \Pages\Pics\*.*
  • \Pages\*.css
  • \Pages\*.php

anthonzi

Post by anthonzi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:36 am

NineBerry wrote:The archive is a "solid" archive, which means that it needs to process the whole archive even if it wants to only extract one file. "Solid archives" can achieve a much better compression ration when compressing lots of small files.

You should tell winrar to extract the whole archive at once.
I don't think I told it to extract only a portion of the archive, but in any case, it worked the second time around.
NineBerry wrote:
anthonzi wrote: ADDIT: So did you say you were able to recover the posts made by the deleted accounts too? cus I looked through some of the deleted usernames and could only find a few hundred posts instead of thousands...
I didn't make any additional efforts to recover lost posts. Some posts (e.g. by Topsy) are there because they were downloaded by me before the posts were deleted.
Oh ok, I must have forgotten that you had started saving threads before the power conflict incident.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

The download is 653 MB.

Downloaded! :td:

:kingdp:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

ED209

Post by ED209 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow, and such a small download too.

Dropbox seems to be streets ahead of rapidshare and the like (for unregistered users at least); just one part and I'm getting a perfectly respectable download speed. Goddammit though the UK is an internet backwater :banghead:, Thatcher's Britain for you.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm

In case anyone is interested:

The source code I used (Delphi) and the created database (Firebird) with the meta information can be downloaded under http://dl.dropbox.com/u/224795/RD/RDSaver.rar

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 am

The download is 653 MB.

:tup: Thank you! :cheers:

Nineberry, can I edit your op to add the download link?
no fences

Blondie
Forum Desperado

Post by Blondie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 am

Is anyone going to make a torrent out of this for distrubution to the disenfranchised masses? If not I'll start one when I get home from work. My up speed is ass - 80KB/s or so.. But I'll make some posts advertising it here and on ratskep.org.

Unless this has already been covered..
In this world there's two kinds of people: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Happy Trails. :)

fuck you & fuck your god
Off my meds again

Post by fuck you & fuck your god » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:55 am

Anthroban wrote:Is anyone going to make a torrent out of this for distrubution to the disenfranchised masses? If not I'll start one when I get home from work. My up speed is ass - 80KB/s or so.. But I'll make some posts advertising it here and on ratskep.org.

Unless this has already been covered..
Hack said he was going to, don't know if he did, haven't heard.
Image Image Image