Announcement about RDF

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Announcement about RDF

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Jerome23 wrote:
locutus7 wrote:Question: Could the RDF shutdown be caused by a stealth theist (I don't know what Josh or Andrew's affiliation is)? It is awfully suspicious. What else could the motives be: embezzlement (probably not, not enough money)? Power?

I VERY much doubt any religious believer has quietly infiltrated the heart of the RDF :) Those of us who "infiltrate" atheist sites are bloody blatant about it, and tend to harp on about our beliefs. (see my sig!) Nope this is a human thing: humans do shitty thing, and institutionalised atheism suffers from exactly the same problems as instituitonalised religion human beings cock it up :)
j x
I belong to a group which tries to shut down institutions. Just reminded me of it. They teach self-advocacy skills as one of their actions. People First of Canada. They have a forum at http://www.labelfreezone.ca.

[/derail]
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Randydeluxe wrote:My wife is SamanthaJane (http://forum.richarddawkins.net/memberl ... le&u=75798 )

... and she actually cried when I told her about RDF last night and she logged in and looked at it.

They made my wife cry.

:x
Give her this - :hugs:
Bloody Greta Garbo

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

iamthereforeithink wrote:Hi everyone! I'm another migrant from the RDF website. Some of you might remember me. I had over a thousand posts there, but luckily, I never posted anything of value. :biggrin:
No! God no! Hours of valueless posting wasted!
The new forum, a pheonix indeed, is at http://www.rationalskepticism.org. Ex RDF guys, that is home for those that want it.

Half Cut

Post by Half Cut » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi all

I'm another refugee from RDF. i was a member there for three years but rarely posted.

I hope RDF doesn't end up as bad as I fear

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Simon_Gardner wrote:
iamthereforeithink wrote:Hi everyone! I'm another migrant from the RDF website. Some of you might remember me. I had over a thousand posts there, but luckily, I never posted anything of value. :biggrin:
:lol: Me neither.
On the contrary. You were the forum newshound. :tup:
Dogma is the death of the intellect

ficklefiend

Post by ficklefiend » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

I've been doing a little googling and I am now quite perturbed by how many forums seem to be watching us. : :ddpan:

I guess it's mostly RDF members spreading out the net, but seriously... we are being watched. *tinfoil*
Set phasers tae malky!
www.ficklefiend.deviantart.com

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Jerome23 wrote:Anyone emailing Richard Dawkins immediately has there entire posting history removed, and is "removed from history."? That fact, and that fact alone suggests to me that Richard Dawkins must be fully aware and complicit in the situation...

j x
I figured since he is tech-savvy enough to log in once in awhile, he is responsible. Thinking anything less of him would seem disrespectful.

It was done because he wanted it done. It was done the way that he wanted it done. It has the advantage of being the most parsimonious answer.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 pm

MCJ wrote:
Randydeluxe wrote:My wife is SamanthaJane (http://forum.richarddawkins.net/memberl ... le&u=75798 )

... and she actually cried when I told her about RDF last night and she logged in and looked at it.

They made my wife cry.

Give her this - :hugs:
+ more :huggeroo:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm

ficklefiend wrote:I've been doing a little googling and I am now quite perturbed by how many forums seem to be watching us. : :ddpan:

I guess it's mostly RDF members spreading out the net, but seriously... we are being watched. *tinfoil*
By 'us' do you mean Ratz or peeps from RD.net ?

fuck you & fuck your god
About me: aka mechtheist
Off my meds again

Post by fuck you & fuck your god » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Simon_Gardner wrote:
:lol: Me neither.
I don't know about 'anything of value' but you sure have the record for raising my blood pressure an/or depressing me!
Image Image Image
Is life not a hundred times too short for us to stifle ourselves--Nietzsche

HughMcB
Location: Toronto, Canada. . . . . . . . . . . . . (natural habitat: Ireland)

Post by HughMcB » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

They made my wife cry.

Oh thats just terrible, I hope she's ok. Many of the regulars have reassembled here. We should at least be able to maintain some of the community, I hope.
Timonenfail wrote:We are all very excited about the new changes.
Quote-mine Dawkins wrote:If I ever had any doubts that RD.net needs to change, and rid itself of this particular aspect of Internet culture, they are dispelled by this episode.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Rum wrote:
ficklefiend wrote:I've been doing a little googling and I am now quite perturbed by how many forums seem to be watching us. : :ddpan:

By 'us' do you mean Ratz or peeps from RD.net ?
:? *gulp* This is slightly worrying...
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Matt H

Post by Matt H » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

What do you mean 'people are watching'? Is this hitting the secular blogosphere?

I looked on Pharyngula and found nary a mention, but I know RDFers comment there sometimes, and a lot of Pharyngulites came over to the forums one time when PZ was being slagged off about something.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Matt H wrote:What do you mean 'people are watching'? Is this hitting the secular blogosphere?

I looked on Pharyngula and found nary a mention, but I know RDFers comment there sometimes, and a lot of Pharyngulites came over to the forums one time when PZ was being slagged off about something.
I posted offtopic a PZ's place to tell folks where we have drifted ashore.
The new forum, a pheonix indeed, is at http://www.rationalskepticism.org. Ex RDF guys, that is home for those that want it.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."