Sex and gender

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Sex and gender

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:43 pm

laklak wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:22 pm
LIke the trucker said, don't matter, gonna fuck you anyway.

I think it's like the climate change or abortion 'debate'. There is an effort to stifle debate, by pretending it's a simple point, with nothing left to discuss.

Canadian anti-trans activist Yaniv has helped to make the point a bit more brashly. Maybe nuance will arrive, but most academics are a bit reluctant to broach the subject.

Unless they are VERY pro-gender confusion.

Should I take advice about how to treat people, by folks who can't even clearly describe the difference between men and women?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Why is 'clearly describing the difference between men and women' important in our everyday lives?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 pm

I shouldn't waste my time on bullshit, but anyway.

Ladies rooms have stalls. You usually don't see genitalia in ladies rooms.
You might see penises in pissoirs. But only if you deliberately look. Girls sometimes see pissoirs, maybe because they are with their father or there is an open air pissoir at a public place (not unusual in European cities) or festival ground. But all that is not related to questions of transgender.

Context matters. College parties are a context where showing off your penis is not expected. Pissoirs are places where you can expect to see penises (if deliberately looking).

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:09 pm
Why is 'clearly describing the difference between men and women' important in our everyday lives?
Geez...I should really vet my memes before clicking that 'post bollocks' button.

I think it is important to be free to express gender.

The only way this ever made sense, until a few years ago, was in the language you selected to describe others (he or she)

I still think that's ok. I think there is room in a good world for TERF's, normies and freaks.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Would you also say that in a 'good world' there's also room for disagreement between TERFs, normies and freaks?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm
Would you also say that in a 'good world' there's also room for disagreement between TERFs, normies and freaks?
Of course. Where have I suggested otherwise?

I would be happiest if the law recognized only ONE gender. None of their business what is in someone's chromasomes (or undies)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: