Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Re: Why creationists can laugh at atheist feminists?

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:01 am

JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:Misogyny, however, is clearly a symptom...
If misogyny was a problem then you wouldn't oppose free speech as you would need it to point it out. :prof:
I can criticise misogyny, or even suggest that it is a symptom of a disturbed mind, without implying that people should be forbidden from making misogynist statements. No opposition to free speech from this little black duck...
Well isn't that nice of you. Unfortunately for people who hold different views from you get doxxed, dogpiled, their work places contacted. Lies and smears are spread about them. Fuck, land a craft on a comet or be a nobel prize winner isn't even a defence anymore. So landwhale legbeard cunts are shown to be liars and bullshitted on their CVs. Still keep their jobs and suffer no consequences for their disgusting behaviour. Forgive me while I puke up in my mouth a little. While they peddle the myth that criticism is hate and harassment whilst indulging in the most obnoxious behaviour possible and getting away with it scott free. Thank fuck your narrative is collapsing as your lies and propaganda get exposed more and more. The voices of the right are now getting louder and louder and the sooner we put you lefty/liberals and you and your totalitarian ideology to bed the better.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:10 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
If misogyny was a problem then you wouldn't oppose free speech as you would need it to point it out. :prof:
I can criticise misogyny, or even suggest that it is a symptom of a disturbed mind, without implying that people should be forbidden from making misogynist statements. No opposition to free speech from this little black duck...
Well isn't that nice of you. Unfortunately for people who hold different views from you get doxxed, dogpiled, their work places contacted. Lies and smears are spread about them. Fuck, land a craft on a comet or be a nobel prize winner isn't even a defence anymore. So landwhale legbeard cunts are shown to be liars and bullshitted on their CVs. Still keep their jobs and suffer no consequences for their disgusting behaviour. Forgive me while I puke up in my mouth a little. While they peddle the myth that criticism is hate and harassment whilst indulging in the most obnoxious behaviour possible and getting away with it scott free. Thank fuck your narrative is collapsing as your lies and propaganda get exposed more and more. The voices of the right are now getting louder and louder and the sooner we put you lefty/liberals and you and your totalitarian ideology to bed the better.
DaveDodo007, this is a warning that the post of yours that I quoted contains generalised attacks on both myself, and by implication, many members of the forum. Replacing the words I coloured red with "they" or an equivalent would remove the PA element of the post. Failure to address this in future will result in a suspension.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 am

JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

DaveDodo007, this is a warning that the post of yours that I quoted contains generalised attacks on both myself, and by implication, many members of the forum. Replacing the words I coloured red with "they" or an equivalent would remove the PA element of the post. Failure to address this in future will result in a suspension.
So you are a group now and you are making the political personal. :roll:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:33 am

Can't say I agree with that one, Jim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 am

I'm sure your daughters, nieces and all young women will thank you lefty/liberals feminists for the lovely future you forged for them.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:47 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Can't say I agree with that one, Jim.
No attempt to restrict comments on politics in general as in Ratskep.

Simply tired of the "You are an example of an arse-raping ...."
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 am

Sure, but in that particular case he didn't actually attack you (or us). He attacked a (frankly wrong) characterisation of your/our arguments/beliefs. It wasn't actually directed at any persons at all. That's not to say he hasn't done exactly that in the past. I think he got a warning for one example a couple of weeks ago that I reported.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:13 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Sure, but in that particular case he didn't actually attack you (or us). He attacked a (frankly wrong) characterisation of your/our arguments/beliefs. It wasn't actually directed at any persons at all. That's not to say he hasn't done exactly that in the past. I think he got a warning for one example a couple of weeks ago that I reported.
I disagree. He (and at times others) deliberately uses "you" or "your" in nasty attacks, which are not directed at beliefs or arguments, but at the people holding such opinions. I'm over that negative crap. This forum needs to move away from the constant flame war mentality, and let posters who have withdrawn in the past return to a more pleasant environment. All other moderators seem to have wandered away, so at the moment, I'm calling it as I see it.
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:07 am

Though this new discussion is a bit of a tangent, it is well worth while having and I think somewhat overdue. I started a new thread for it here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:55 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:I'm sure your daughters, nieces and all young women will thank you lefty/liberals feminists for the lovely future you forged for them.
Do you have to work at being a complete dick, or does it come naturally to you?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:How is feminism not considered a mental illness.

http://www.dailytargum.com/article/2016 ... -to-campus
Feminists don't have a right to political protest, because they're, you know, feminists??
Protests are fine, shutting down alternative points of view show you have something to hide.
OK, so you're just tone-policing then. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:15 pm

I have a complete dick. Well, almost, some asshat chopped a bit off it when I was a baby. Fucker.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:24 pm

I read that same article last night. It's bizarre. When I was in college, having controversial speakers was generally considered to be an interesting and good thing. Now, grown adults are claiming to be "triggered" because Milo Yiannopouloss says the wage gap is not a result of discrimination and we don't live in a rape culture.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:

Feminists don't have a right to political protest, because they're, you know, feminists??
They have every right to to protest, but not all protests are reasonable, rational or make sense. Every individual has the right, for example, to protest the presence of feminists on campus, but would calling for feminists to be banned from speaking on campus be a reasonable or rational protest? Of course not.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 pm

JimC wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
The feminists protesting Milo Yiannopolis are asking that he be forbidden from making statements at the function for which he was invited.