Who is the Best RatSkep troll?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Who is the Best RatSkep troll?

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 pm

"Post or post not. There is no troll"

:levi:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Missed the chance to use the right smiley you did. :yoda:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm thinking we should let banned members qualify, it would be a shame to not include Seth. I won't ask whether he currently has an active sock, but I'm sure there will be one in the future.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:30 pm

I nominate CDP. He trolls with impunity.

Lion IRC

Post by Lion IRC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:03 pm

They bait you with anti-theist polemic Ops and a (safety-in-numbers) chorus of whingers all joining in patting themselves on the back, and when some freethinker with the opposite view speaks up they say... "You're just a troll Lion IRC"

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:39 pm

CDP?
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Cito di Pense, a.k.a. Surendra Darathy.

I just now noticed, if one of your handles handle can be abbreviated to S.D., then you may be a troll.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Lion IRC wrote:They bait you with anti-theist polemic Ops and a (safety-in-numbers) chorus of whingers all joining in patting themselves on the back, and when some freethinker with the opposite view speaks up they say... "You're just a troll Lion IRC"
Watching how easy the ad homs, bald assertions, strawmen and fallacies come to the surface when their own weltanschauung is exposed is quite fun but a dangerous game to play over there. Now anyone who is banned is a 'troll', it must be the misty mountains of middle earth over there.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Scott1328 wrote:Cito di Pense, a.k.a. Surendra Darathy.

I just now noticed, if one of your handles handle can be abbreviated to S.D., then you may be a troll.
I refer to you as Stupid Dickhead, so there might be some truth to that.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Your disdain is a badge of honour

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:41 am

"Divide and rule", said the evil Ratskep mod, chuckling with glee...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:59 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Scott1328 wrote:Cito di Pense, a.k.a. Surendra Darathy.

I refer to you as Stupid Dickhead, so there might be some truth to that.
LOL. I wonder if I should report that? :ask:

It is actually against the rules: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 100&t=3449
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:17 am

It's me of course. I was so good at it that they couldn't nail me within their own rule set, so they had to violate every ethical precept they had to get rid of me.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25 am

Seth wrote:It's me of course. I was so good at it that they couldn't nail me within their own rule set, so they had to violate every ethical precept they had to get rid of me.
But you're still banned though. So some of these more stealthy (alleged) trolls might give you a run for your money.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 am

Robert_S wrote:
Seth wrote:It's me of course. I was so good at it that they couldn't nail me within their own rule set, so they had to violate every ethical precept they had to get rid of me.
But you're still banned though. So some of these more stealthy (alleged) trolls might give you a run for your money.
I'm posting there now under the nick of "Fallible". Please no-one tell on me.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4