DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Continuation of that other thread that I couldn't be arsed linking. I don't have much to add, but I thought the ex-mods would like to keep taking the current lot to task, and I like reading about the dramaz! :)

Although, I will add, it's nice for Dave that his thread got a second iteration. Only 2 more iterations after this till your ratskep threads catch up to my ratskep threads, Dave... :coffee:
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed May 14, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepiticism,lol.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 12:31 pm

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Re: DaveDodo007... I mean... Rationalskepticism,lol.

Post by Fallible » Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 pm

My suspicions are that Samsa is about to get the boot. That's the only reason I can think that they've suspended him for 24 hours - to give them a chance to discuss banning him.

I still haven't worked out why they suspended me for 24 hours the other day - I wasn't spamming the board and I didn't receive any sanctions at all. Oh well.
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Reported. :coffee:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Fallible
About me: pronoun; the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object.

Post by Fallible » Wed May 14, 2014 2:31 pm

:cry:
Don't be afraid of what they'll say.
Who cares what cowards think anyway?
They will understand one day,
One day.
- Yann Tiersen

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Wed May 14, 2014 4:32 pm

I've not had anything to do with ratscep, but if the moderation is anything like atheism+, you don't need to do anything. They just go ''you said 2, and then 2, and that makes 5''.

In the case of A+, they've virtually killed it off. They are down to about 20 posts per day, and that's just the mods yakking at other mods.

Maybe facebook will kill off all discussion forums, in the end.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Fallible wrote:My suspicions are that Samsa is about to get the boot. That's the only reason I can think that they've suspended him for 24 hours - to give them a chance to discuss banning him.

I still haven't worked out why they suspended me for 24 hours the other day - I wasn't spamming the board and I didn't receive any sanctions at all. Oh well.
They've extended my ban for another 24 hours... Man, I shouldn't have spammed the forum with all those abusive comments, like telling people to "suck my cock", as that's what got me into this situation.
Last edited by Mr.Samsa on Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jolly good show, carry on chaps...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:56 pm

To be fair ratskep mods haven't banned me or told me off for nearly six months. Rationalia mods are always picking on me, it's shameless bullying that's what it is. :cry:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Thu May 15, 2014 12:29 am

Reported. :coffee:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 15, 2014 12:35 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:
Fallible wrote:My suspicions are that Samsa is about to get the boot. That's the only reason I can think that they've suspended him for 24 hours - to give them a chance to discuss banning him.

They've extended my ban for another 24 hours... Man, I shouldn't have spammed the forum with all those abusive comments, like telling people to "suck my cock", as that's what got me into this situation.
Wow. They really have no shame in just making it up as they go, do they?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Thu May 15, 2014 12:55 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Wow. They really have no shame in just making it up as they go, do they?
It's getting a little bit silly now, yeah. If they want to use the 24hr suspension just to stop someone posting when you think it might be possible that they'll come back on the forum and continue an argument, then eh, personally I think it's a bit weak as I'd save it for current ongoing flamefests but that is arguably just a difference of opinion.

If they want to use it to buy time to debate whether someone should be sanctioned then it becomes a bit more ridiculous, as there is no longer any justification for not allowing them to post in the mean time. This is why they don't tempban everyone who has an open report on them. More problematically for them, if they require longer than 24 hours to decide if my posts break the rules or not then it cannot be a clear enough breach to warrant sanction. You can't sanction someone if there is significant doubt and it takes longer than 48 hrs to come to a decision.

The problem is probably Metatron pushing for some kind of sanction for me because of our argument in the ADHD thread. I referred to his and Cito's theory that Big Pharma is drugging children to make money as an "aliens" theory (like the meme) and now Metatron thinks I'm "misrepresenting" him because he hasn't mentioned the word "aliens" :funny:

You can't make this shit up. It's like replying, "What do you mean "we", white man?" to a post and the person claiming misrepresentation because they never said anything about 'white men'.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 am

As somewhat of an understatement, it does seem that moderation here at Ratz is just a tad more laissez-fair than at Ratskep...

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 15, 2014 3:47 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Wow. They really have no shame in just making it up as they go, do they?
It's getting a little bit silly now, yeah. If they want to use the 24hr suspension just to stop someone posting when you think it might be possible that they'll come back on the forum and continue an argument, then eh, personally I think it's a bit weak as I'd save it for current ongoing flamefests but that is arguably just a difference of opinion.

If they want to use it to buy time to debate whether someone should be sanctioned then it becomes a bit more ridiculous, as there is no longer any justification for not allowing them to post in the mean time. This is why they don't tempban everyone who has an open report on them. More problematically for them, if they require longer than 24 hours to decide if my posts break the rules or not then it cannot be a clear enough breach to warrant sanction. You can't sanction someone if there is significant doubt and it takes longer than 48 hrs to come to a decision.

The problem is probably Metatron pushing for some kind of sanction for me because of our argument in the ADHD thread. I referred to his and Cito's theory that Big Pharma is drugging children to make money as an "aliens" theory (like the meme) and now Metatron thinks I'm "misrepresenting" him because he hasn't mentioned the word "aliens" :funny:

You can't make this shit up. It's like replying, "What do you mean "we", white man?" to a post and the person claiming misrepresentation because they never said anything about 'white men'.
Haha, I just read that thread. I wish I was there to get stuck into those two nongs. It's typical Metatron and Cito BS. It would be spectacularly ironic if you got suspended for trolling for your dealings with Cito. Cito... pretty close to the biggest troll on that site.

Regarding Metatron, he's an arseclown of the highest order. Never have I met such an arrogant person who is so often wrong. I remember the most spectacular example was in that thread about the 'faster than wind' propeller/sail craft. He had his ass absolutely handed to him by so many people, including myself, and he just refused to accept that he was wrong. He went on and on in denial and eventually the hammer dropped and he realised he'd fucked up. He'd abused and belittled the guy who was one of the designers of the craft and who was posting in the thread. But he barely even apologised to to the guy after his fuck up. He just went on as if nothing had happened. What an arse. Same as his stupid misrepresentation of your quote about who was responsible for saying that ADHD is a socially subjective disease (or whatever the exact point was). If you and fallible and stijn get suspended/banned from there while people like Weaver, Cito, Redwhine and Metatron can continue in their arrogant trolling bullshit (to be clear, I don't think Weaver and Metatron are purposeful trolls; they are functionally trolls, due to being angry arrogant halfwits), then it will prove what a total fuckup that site has become (well, more of a fuckup than it's been for the last couple of years).
Last edited by pErvinalia on Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Thu May 15, 2014 4:04 am

Yeah he's just clearly not very bright at all but has the whole Dunning-Kruger curse of thinking he is very bright. There was a discussion about a year ago on something about discrimination and he made the claim that words can't affect behavior at all, and I think he cited "sticks and stones" as his evidence. Everybody, from every side of the debate, just kind of stopped and asked him to clarify what was an insanely ridiculous statement.

When confronted with evidence of the effects of verbal abuse in children that carry on into adulthood, how language shapes social attitudes, how the use of specific words over others can influence behavior one way or another, etc, he made this little speech dripping with sarcasm about how he apologised for being so very wrong. Then he quickly exited the thread.

It was the most baffling interaction I've ever had (barring Cito but that's only because he can't string a single coherent sentence together) because it's such an elementary concept that I thought everyone accepted, like the idea that the world is round and the sky is blue. Who the fuck actually thinks that behavior isn't affected by words and language?