Martyr, martyr.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Martyr, martyr.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:37 am

Theophontes: On Michael Nugents post reviewing Dickies latest book.

"Like Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Harvey Milk, hell … lets bring this up to date: Rebecca Watson! We are talking about opressed and dispossessed people FFS. There are very many people commenting on FTB who experience life as second class citizens. Your smugness notwithstanding, even in the USA, as I type this, gays are being discriminated against by law. Blacks and women are being discriminated against based on nothing but the colour of their skins, or their sexual organs. And many more. How would you suggest all these people speak up for themselves? As winners? Or not at all?"

It is only fair she gets a tribute anthem.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Re: Martyr, martyr.

Post by Audley Strange » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 pm

I've heard of the Rebecca Watson, not the others. Are they worth noting for any reason other than pointing out the internet is filled with idiots?
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:08 pm

That's kind of lame. The need to go to those lengths to personally attack someone for no reason than perpetuating a pointless flame-war. Someone's got too much time on their hands.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:00 pm

PsychoSerenity wrote:That's kind of lame. The need to go to those lengths to personally attack someone for no reason than perpetuating a pointless flame-war. Someone's got too much time on their hands.
:this:

Rebecca gets a lot of unjust criticism. Don't get me wrong, she can be quite bonkers about some things. But criticising her for drinking? Come on! Don't diss my hobby!!!! :lay:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:51 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
PsychoSerenity wrote:That's kind of lame. The need to go to those lengths to personally attack someone for no reason than perpetuating a pointless flame-war. Someone's got too much time on their hands.
:this:

Rebecca gets a lot of unjust criticism. Don't get me wrong, she can be quite bonkers about some things. But criticising her for drinking? Come on! Don't diss my hobby!!!! :lay:

Give me a fucking break. it is the sainthood of someone whom is put up on a pedestal when she is a clueless wonder. Fuck me I have forgotten more about science and atheism than she will ever know. Yet she is flown all a round the world to spout her ignorance whilst getting paid for getting pissed. She has been in the limelight now for two years so what has she done for women's rights or atheism except to divide the issue and turn people against it. I agree that ignoring her would be a better option but mocking her and her supporters are so much fun. Even this wouldn't bother me apart from her attacks on Dawkins (whom she would be nothing without being one of his fleas.) The we don't care brigade, well fine prove it then by not posting here, I for one love this shit and I like them being exposed for the wankers they are. I remember when you lot were shitting your pants when P Z Myers came stomping in here, A gobshite who any man could snap his neck without breaking sweat but I can still smell the wet knickers even now. Spare me your both sides are just the same bullshit. It was funny either laugh or fuck off.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:58 am

Meh. It wasn't that funny. And the overwhelming body of onions here is that PZ is a cunt. Would you mind toning down the rhetoric a notch and stop slinging round accusations like you know what everyone here is thinking? :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am

i.e Fuck off Dave. You're a twat.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Give me a fucking break. it is the sainthood of someone whom is put up on a pedestal when she is a clueless wonder.
It may well be, but again Tar babies. Watson says something stupid deliberately, the regular Watson watchers get all offended and righteous. Or someone says something stupid on twitter and the SJW all get offended and righteous. Quoting some nobody from nowhere's opinion on Rebecca Watson is no more or less than that Dave. Could be some random 12 year old taking the piss.
DaveDodo007 wrote: Fuck me I have forgotten more about science and atheism than she will ever know. Yet she is flown all a round the world to spout her ignorance whilst getting paid for getting pissed.
Sour grapes? How does that actually affect you in any way? Don't get me wrong, she's a "pop culture critic" so I'm happy to pour scorn on her bullshit, but I'd not give a squirt of piss to the opinions of a nobody from a site which I'm not aware off. That's looking for things to get mad about, which is one of my major complaints about the SJW's.
DaveDodo007 wrote: She has been in the limelight now for two years so what has she done for women's rights or atheism except to divide the issue and turn people against it. I agree that ignoring her would be a better option but mocking her and her supporters are so much fun. Even this wouldn't bother me apart from her attacks on Dawkins (whom she would be nothing without being one of his fleas.)
Precisely. If Dawkins hadn't made his "Dear Muslima" comment I reckon she'd still be waffling and giggling her way through her mostly ignored podcasts. Instead what we got was two years of histrionics, not all from Rebecca Watson either.
DaveDodo007 wrote: The we don't care brigade, well fine prove it then by not posting here, I for one love this shit and I like them being exposed for the wankers they are. I remember when you lot were shitting your pants when P Z Myers came stomping in here, A gobshite who any man could snap his neck without breaking sweat but I can still smell the wet knickers even now. Spare me your both sides are just the same bullshit. It was funny either laugh or fuck off.
First of all it doesn't work like that. If you can't deal with negative responses, use better impulse control and don't post. You decided you wanted others here to read about it. To get heated because they don't share your opinion is EXACTLY just the same bullshit. Secondly I don't recall shitting my pants when Myers was about, in fact I think I called him out directly about his manipulating vulnerable young women for bloghits. There was some discussion here about Pappa's comment, some discussion of the nutjob brigade and further discussions on the increasingly arbitrary and capricious nature of feminist thought within the Atheist networks. To be honest, I don't think may people here frankly gave a squirt of piss about Myers, let alone shit themselves. Mostly I remember mockery.

The place you may be looking for appreciation of such is the Slymepit. They love that stuff, but to me it's little more than a piece of background noise plucked out of the digital ether, that pertains to someone I've heard of, nothing more.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 am

All I gained from the last few posts is that Rationalia smells like wet knickers... :dunno:

Personally, I can't quite make that out over the scent of frying bacon, neat gin and the faint, lingering smell of some Stilton that has gone a little too far...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 am

JimC wrote:All I gained from the last few posts is that Rationalia smells like wet knickers... :dunno:

Personally, I can't quite make that out over the scent of frying bacon, neat gin and the faint, lingering smell of some Stilton that has gone a little too far...
Mmmm... The best kind of Stilton! :food: :food: :food: :bluchz:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Some people need to stop digging up corpses and just let things stay dead already. :roll:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:Some people need to stop digging up corpses and just let things stay dead already. :roll:
Sometimes, the corpse dig themselves up... :?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!