For Reason and Science?

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Post Reply
User avatar
lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am
About me: I have remarkable elbows.
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by lordpasternack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:28 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:Erm.....What's happening then?
This January, I received from the IRS the shitload of documents I requested last April. I have read all of them.

Image

RDF has also submitted their 2013 return to the IRS - past the final deadline as usual. Link here.

It includes an alleged payout for "due NBGA" - but there remains no evidence that their alleged payout constitutes 100% of donations made to the scheme, and that no earmarked donations were misappropiated.

I can't even check amounts with the charities in question, because despite the fact that RDF state on page 7 that $193,423 has been disbursed - on page 11, only a single donation of $31,800 to Doctors Without Borders is noted.

I still haven't completed my referral to the IRS, but I know exactly what I'm going to say. It's a matter of having the time and the wherewithal to get it down in black and white and finally submit it.

I have changed my mind about one important thing, though: I'm not going to go straight to the media. I'm going to wait at least 12 months until after I receive confirmation from the IRS that they've received my referral - and then I'm going to send Dawkins the referral, with a list of things I would like him to do to fix RDF, or else it all goes to the media.

I might as well use his misguided self-interest to everyone's advantage - by blackmailing him into acting in his own best interests.
Last edited by lordpasternack on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46824
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Get him to publicly call Peezus a cunt. :{D
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am
About me: I have remarkable elbows.
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by lordpasternack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:53 pm

PZ is a loose cannon. A loose cannon who is actually very nice in person, despite sometimes being aggravating and misguided online. I will tell him, or write about it, if and when I seriously disagree with him - and I have in the past. But I won't wage war.

I have my own battles - and much of the rest of the fighting is just "ugh", to me.
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

User avatar
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
Posts: 32964
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:25 pm
About me: The money was just resting in my account.
Location: Airstrip Two
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by klr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:10 am

JimC wrote:Dawkins has converted to Islam, and pronounced a Fatwah against all the members of his old forum...
Especially those who committed the especially heinous heresy of discussing what sperm tastes like, and other such abominations.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

User avatar
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 50939
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 pm
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.
Location: Nottingham UK
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:23 am

klr wrote:
JimC wrote:Dawkins has converted to Islam, and pronounced a Fatwah against all the members of his old forum...
Especially those who committed the especially heinous heresy of discussing what sperm tastes like, and other such abominations.
A fatwah on what a fat wad tastes like? Surely not! :shock:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

User avatar
klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
Posts: 32964
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:25 pm
About me: The money was just resting in my account.
Location: Airstrip Two
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by klr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:30 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
klr wrote:
JimC wrote:Dawkins has converted to Islam, and pronounced a Fatwah against all the members of his old forum...
Especially those who committed the especially heinous heresy of discussing what sperm tastes like, and other such abominations.
A fatwah on what a fat wad tastes like? Surely not! :shock:
It's banned under pain of death by stoning, along with composing haikus :mob:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

User avatar
lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am
About me: I have remarkable elbows.
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by lordpasternack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:38 pm

One day I will write the essay:

"A Brief History of Richard Dawkins Calling Me Nuts Behind My Back, Before Talking To Me Exactly Like He Believes I'm Sane And Reasonable"

Be under no illusions, Richard, undoing the dishonest way that you have smeared me behind my back - using the same tired old tricks, and never out in the open where you know I'd hammer you - will be one of the conditions under which I stay away from the media. You will tell everyone concerned that what you said about me was wrong and misleading. Knowingly wrong and misleading.

I don't want to be friends with you, or any of the individuals concerned - but you will tell them that you purposely grossly misled them about me. I don't even want you to sugarcoat the history of my interactions with you - but I want you to tell these individuals the things you say when you speak calmly and honestly about me.

I very much hope that you are looking forward to eating a lot of words that you used in desperation against me. Wanker.
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

User avatar
lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am
About me: I have remarkable elbows.
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by lordpasternack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm

He doesn't believe I'm crazy. He believes that I cause him real trouble and inconvenience - and he is so emotionally immature that smearing me in private is the only tool he knows how to use to "deal" with me.

And I am saying all of this publicly so he doesn't think he'll get an easy ride if he plays the "let's make up" card, after I show all I know tell him to clean up his act.

Whatever you may say about me, I have always been honest about him. He has been persistently nasty and dishonest about me - behind my back. You don't just get to be pally after that.

If there is to be any honest reconciliation or burying of hatchets - you will mop up every last drop of bad blood on your side.
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 20644
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Where there is discord, may you bring harmony. Where there is error, mayyou bring truth. Where there is faith, may you bring knowledge. And where there is despair, may you bring hope.

We will never surrender.

;)
.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am
About me: I have remarkable elbows.
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by lordpasternack » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:37 pm

The lady is not for turning!

(Ugh, I feel dirty now...)
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 20644
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:51 pm

:lol:
.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 58946
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:44 pm

RD is currently aboard the Bellgrano...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

surreptitious57
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 am

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:29 pm

If Heather is planning up on shaming him she best not take too long now as
he is after all seventy three and so it would be some what ironic therefore
if just before she did get round to it that he decided to die on her instead
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

User avatar
Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
Posts: 5242
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 pm
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:
Location: 40,000 feet above you, dropping JDAMs
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by Calilasseia » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Biologists have a habit of living long. They tend not to indulge in life shortening habits. At least, the ones I'm familiar with have all been long lived, particularly amongst the entomologists, quite a few of the living ones in my circle being in their 80s, and the deceased ones tending to have died only after reaching their 90s. So if Dawkins doesn't buck the trend, he could be around until he's about 95. Entomology in particular seems to be good for one's longevity.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 58946
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: For Reason and Science?

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:17 pm

I shall re-open my old entomology textbooks immediately!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests