Exi5entialist's Allegations- Discussion and debate

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Exi5entialist's Allegations- Discussion and debate

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Who?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Jaygray

Post by Jaygray » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:33 am

JimC wrote:Or better still, realise that the vast majority of the forum doesn't give a shit about what he thinks or posts...
Whichever works best. :td:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Jaygray wrote:I notice that Exi5entialist has posted the same complaint on Mindromp as he has posted on Ratskep. What he seeks to achieve by doing that is anybody’s guess.
Seeking to put as many hits out there connecting the name of this forum with sexual abuse, perhaps?

Presenting allegations as facts, perhaps?

Being obsessive and a martyr, perhaps?
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Quite a good laugh though.

Best of all is watching their moddy's attempt at controlling their own SELF ABUSE.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Faithfree
The Potable Atheist
About me: All things in moderation, including moderation

Post by Faithfree » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Jaygray wrote:I notice that Exi5entialist has posted the same complaint on Mindromp as he has posted on Ratskep. What he seeks to achieve by doing that is anybody’s guess.

What strikes me about Exi’s postings are that he appears to be wanting to strike at a moment that he imagines Rationalia to be down and out: Perhaps he was under the impression that he could deliver a killer blow to a forum whose very existence seems to bother him and replace the corpse with his own brand of forum Nirvana.

Unfortunately for him it appears that instead of dropping dead to order, on the contrary this forum is emerging stronger thanks to the hypocritical attentions of Associate Professor Myers and his travelling salvation show.

It must be very vexing for Exi, but he’s going to have to do better next time (preferably with evidence to back up his potentially serious accusations).
Just looked at his thread over there and they're having great fun with their new chew toy. Next thing he'll be back over here claiming he's been sexually abused at Mindromp.
Although it may look like a forum, this site is actually a crowd-sourced science project modelling the slow but inexorable heat death of the universe.

Jaygray

Post by Jaygray » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Seeking to put as many hits out there connecting the name of this forum with sexual abuse, perhaps?

Presenting allegations as facts, perhaps?

Being obsessive and a martyr, perhaps?
Yeah, but Mindromp isn't anywhere near as warm and cuddly as here or Ratskep. Surely he must have known that?

I've just had a look there (after reading Faithfree's post above) and it's a massacre. Martyrdom is one thing, what he's doing is...

:nuke:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm not going to read the thread first, as I have reading to do. However, if it hasn't been said already, while I might or might not disagree with Exi, I think it is a mistake to peremptorily dismiss his using the term sexual harassment in the manner in which he is using it. Sexual harassment is not always easy to define, nor is it always easy to identify. This is one aspect of it which has made redressing it through law and the courts difficult, and so-to-speak whistle blowers being harassed, maligned or otherwise singled out has been a part of the modus operandii by which sexual oppression has sought to, unthinkingly, maintain its grip on the oppressed. (Again, I'm not referring specifically to Exi, but rather pointing out features of the relevant landscape.) Moreover, harassment most certainly doesn't need to be of a certain form, and verbal or written behaviors don't either not qualify or need meet a higher bar. (In one case I recall, misogynist posters in lockers and on walls was considered a part of an "environment" which met the definition of harassment.) I haven't studied the law or theory in this area for far too long for me to make anything more than superficial comments. However, harassment in general, and sexual harassment in particular, from what I recall, entails any pattern of conduct which creates a hostile environment for individuals or persons of a particular class, and in sexual harassment, directed at either the individuals themselves, or at a class of people of specific sex, gender, sexual orientation, or sexual practice.

Whether the behavior on this forum qualifies, or whether Exi's claim is valid, I make no comment.

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 pm

And I think he is 100% full of shit and he knows it.
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 pm

rasetsu wrote:I'm not going to read the thread first, as I have reading to do. However, if it hasn't been said already, while I might or might not disagree with Exi, I think it is a mistake to peremptorily dismiss his using the term sexual harassment in the manner in which he is using it. Sexual harassment is not always easy to define, nor is it always easy to identify. This is one aspect of it which has made redressing it through law and the courts difficult, and so-to-speak whistle blowers being harassed, maligned or otherwise singled out has been a part of the modus operandii by which sexual oppression has sought to, unthinkingly, maintain its grip on the oppressed. (Again, I'm not referring specifically to Exi, but rather pointing out features of the relevant landscape.) Moreover, harassment most certainly doesn't need to be of a certain form, and verbal or written behaviors don't either not qualify or need meet a higher bar. (In one case I recall, misogynist posters in lockers and on walls was considered a part of an "environment" which met the definition of harassment.) I haven't studied the law or theory in this area for far too long for me to make anything more than superficial comments. However, harassment in general, and sexual harassment in particular, from what I recall, entails any pattern of conduct which creates a hostile environment for individuals or persons of a particular class, and in sexual harassment, directed at either the individuals themselves, or at a class of people of specific sex, gender, sexual orientation, or sexual practice.

Whether the behavior on this forum qualifies, or whether Exi's claim is valid, I make no comment.
He also accused this forum of sexual abuse directed at him which is outlandish and potentially libelous I'm not sure how long you have been around (I sometimes wonder if you are an incarnation of someone who used to come here a while back... :what: )..but this is par for the course with this guy.

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Just to reassure anyone who can't be arsed popping over to RatSkep to read the dramaz, Exi5's posts, especially the sex abuse allegations are being mocked vigorously :)
....and when the lord comes down with his shiny rod of judgement he's gonna kick my heathen arse! -Tim Minchin

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Paula1 wrote:Just to reassure anyone who can't be arsed popping over to RatSkep to read the dramaz, Exi5's posts, especially the sex abuse allegations are being mocked vigorously :)
And with great style! :tup:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Rum wrote:
rasetsu wrote:I'm not going to read the thread first, as I have reading to do. However, if it hasn't been said already, while I might or might not disagree with Exi, I think it is a mistake to peremptorily dismiss his using the term sexual harassment in the manner in which he is using it. Sexual harassment is not always easy to define, nor is it always easy to identify. This is one aspect of it which has made redressing it through law and the courts difficult, and so-to-speak whistle blowers being harassed, maligned or otherwise singled out has been a part of the modus operandii by which sexual oppression has sought to, unthinkingly, maintain its grip on the oppressed. (Again, I'm not referring specifically to Exi, but rather pointing out features of the relevant landscape.) Moreover, harassment most certainly doesn't need to be of a certain form, and verbal or written behaviors don't either not qualify or need meet a higher bar. (In one case I recall, misogynist posters in lockers and on walls was considered a part of an "environment" which met the definition of harassment.) I haven't studied the law or theory in this area for far too long for me to make anything more than superficial comments. However, harassment in general, and sexual harassment in particular, from what I recall, entails any pattern of conduct which creates a hostile environment for individuals or persons of a particular class, and in sexual harassment, directed at either the individuals themselves, or at a class of people of specific sex, gender, sexual orientation, or sexual practice.

He also accused this forum of sexual abuse directed at him which is outlandish and potentially libelous I'm not sure how long you have been around (I sometimes wonder if you are an incarnation of someone who used to come here a while back... :what: )..but this is par for the course with this guy.
Exi5 trivializes real sexual abuse.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Paula1

Post by Paula1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Paula1 wrote:Just to reassure anyone who can't be arsed popping over to RatSkep to read the dramaz, Exi5's posts, especially the sex abuse allegations are being mocked vigorously :)
And with great style! :tup:
I think so, we're quite good at mocking, especially vigorously. We've started on PZ now too but no one beats Exi5 for bonkers :blah:
....and when the lord comes down with his shiny rod of judgement he's gonna kick my heathen arse! -Tim Minchin

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Not sure how you could sexually abuse the sexless :think:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Hammer in the fact they don't have it by treating them like they did?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping