So, PZ is a stone-cold racist.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer

Re: So, PZ is a stone-cold racist.

Post by Thinking Aloud » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

pzmyers wrote:
Robert_S wrote:I've reported this thread. PZ Myers is a member here and as such should not be personally attacked.
I've got no complaints here. For a forum that regards rape threats as a reasonable way to criticize someone, I'm being treated kindly. Relatively.
Citation please.

Wumbologist
I want a do-over

Post by Wumbologist » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 pm

pzmyers wrote: I've got no complaints here. For a forum that regards rape threats as a reasonable way to criticize someone, I'm being treated kindly. Relatively.
I find it hard to believe you get any science done with all the time you spend grossly misrepresenting people on the internet.
It's also just more hypocrisy-wallowing. Do carry on.
On the topic of hypocrisy, why are you allowed to make jokes involving rape and murder, and it's totes cool?

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Keep the hat.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Thinking Aloud wrote:
pzmyers wrote:
Robert_S wrote:I've reported this thread. PZ Myers is a member here and as such should not be personally attacked.
I've got no complaints here. For a forum that regards rape threats as a reasonable way to criticize someone, I'm being treated kindly. Relatively.
Citation please.
+1

Also, I'm still wondering where the whole "as a means of suppression" or "silencing tactic" came into it. Yeah, feel free to read that into it if you want, but I definitely didn't say that.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Picture if you will you are in a bar with friends. One of your friends makes a nasty joke about a group of annoying fuckers that is in terrible taste. Some fucking nutbag overhears this and then runs out to his clique to start a hate campaign claiming they've been harrassed and victimised by something they would not even know about if it wasn't for the wheedling little cunt who thought it right to be a tittle tattle just to garner approval from a coterie of neurotic fools.

So then all these annoying twats start turning up at the bar, a bunch of condescending, patronising narcissists who start demanding you and your friends apologise to them. While outside the rest of the herd scream and howl in tears of manufactured emotive outrage and bug everyone they can to let them know too that they and their friends were victimised. One of them even thinks it right to EXPOSE the details of your villified friend. One has to ACTUALLY wonder about that person's and intent motivation for doing so.

Is that fair play? Is it fine if I find Rebecca Watson's name and address and start posting it on hardcore S&M hookup sites? Of course it's not, it's a fucking appalling thing to do. Her ideology is as repugnant as her public persona but I would never, nor do I think anyone here would wish any harm on anyone.

If those girls are so weak and fragile, one has to wonder about the sort of exploitative nature of someone knowing that, who deliberately takes something knowing that they will be hurt and offended by it and then allowing them to be hurt and offended by it for his own satisfaction.

Pappa's joke was in bad taste, really really bad taste but P.Z. Myers is exploiting his authoritorial position to delight in ACTUALLY actively hurting young women, by allowing them to see things he knows will hurt them while pretending to be their friend for popularity as he "exposes" the threats against him.

THAT is misogyny, Shit it's nearly a full Bundy level of misogyny.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Picture if you will you are in a bar with friends. One of your friends makes a nasty joke about a group of annoying fuckers that is in terrible taste. Some fucking nutbag overhears this and then runs out to his clique to start a hate campaign claiming they've been harrassed and victimised by something they would not even know about if it wasn't for the wheedling little cunt who thought it right to be a tittle tattle just to garner approval from a coterie of neurotic fools.

So then all these annoying twats start turning up at the bar, a bunch of condescending, patronising narcissists who start demanding you and your friends apologise to them. While outside the rest of the herd scream and howl in tears of manufactured emotive outrage and bug everyone they can to let them know too that they and their friends were victimised. One of them even thinks it right to EXPOSE the details of your villified friend. One has to ACTUALLY wonder about that person's and intent motivation for doing so.

Is that fair play? Is it fine if I find Rebecca Watson's name and address and start posting it on hardcore S&M hookup sites? Of course it's not, it's a fucking appalling thing to do. Her ideology is as repugnant as her public persona but I would never, nor do I think anyone here would wish any harm on anyone.

If those girls are so weak and fragile, one has to wonder about the sort of exploitative nature of someone knowing that, who deliberately takes something knowing that they will be hurt and offended by it and then allowing them to be hurt and offended by it for his own satisfaction.

Pappa's joke was in bad taste, really really bad taste but P.Z. Myers is exploiting his authoritorial position to delight in ACTUALLY actively hurting young women, by allowing them to see things he knows will hurt them while pretending to be their friend for popularity as he "exposes" the threats against him.

THAT is misogyny, Shit it's nearly a full Bundy level of misogyny.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

pzmyers
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by pzmyers » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 pm

A nest of cockroaches isn't filthy and unhygienic. Turning on the light and exposing a nest of cockroaches...now that's evil and disgusting.

There, see. I said the same thing you did, only with more brevity and panache.

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Sounds like we have a new name for our forum! Nest of Cockroaches! :cheer:

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Ian wrote:Sounds like we have a new name for our forum! Nest of Cockroaches! :cheer:
We could market a game? Tie-in with Burger King? A line of chocies?
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Thank you for going out of your way to come impart that important information.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Twoflower
Queen of Slugs
About me: Twoflower is the optimistic-but-naive tourist. He often runs into danger, being certain that nothing bad will happen to him since he is not involved. He also believes in the fundamental goodness of human nature and that all problems can be resolved, if all parties show good will and cooperate.

Post by Twoflower » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 pm

You really are clueless aren't you PZ?
I'm wild just like a rock, a stone, a tree
And I'm free, just like the wind the breeze that blows
And I flow, just like a brook, a stream, the rain
And I fly, just like a bird up in the sky
And I'll surely die, just like a flower plucked
And dragged away and thrown away
And then one day it turns to clay
It blows away, it finds a ray, it finds its way
And there it lays until the rain and sun
Then I breathe, just like the wind the breeze that blows
And I grow, just like a baby breastfeeding
And it's beautiful, that's life

DaveD

Post by DaveD » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47 pm

pzmyers wrote:A nest of cockroaches isn't filthy and unhygienic. Turning on the light and exposing a nest of cockroaches...now that's evil and disgusting.

So there!

Wumbologist
I want a do-over

Post by Wumbologist » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 pm

pzmyers wrote:A nest of cockroaches isn't filthy and unhygienic. Turning on the light and exposing a nest of cockroaches...now that's evil and disgusting.

IF atheism needed "leaders" we sure as fuck wouldn't need them to be divisive, shit-stirring hypocrites. Go peddle your daytime TV brand of atheism elsewhere.

Badger3k
About me: Just talkin' claptrap. Lilith Rules!

Post by Badger3k » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:51 pm

That's it? PZ - considering you have joked about mass murder in Aurora and Offically Sanctioned male rape in Texas, when you're asked for citations, it is normal to provide them. It is not an excuse to ban people. I know that's what's done at your site, but please provide evidence of either rape threats or the condoning of such.

Badger3k
About me: Just talkin' claptrap. Lilith Rules!

Post by Badger3k » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Badger3k wrote:That's it? PZ - considering you have joked about mass murder in Aurora and Offically Sanctioned male rape in Texas, when you're asked for citations, it is normal to provide them. It is not an excuse to ban people. I know that's what's done at your site, but please provide evidence of either rape threats or the condoning of such.
OK - not the best writing in the world, but my food is ready for dinner and I got distracted. I think the message gets through, though.