Another Skepchick War! Watson v Althouse

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Feck

Re: Another Skepchick War! Watson v Althouse

Post by Feck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Another thread about her admit it ! you want her .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Pffffff.

I listen to the Skeptics Guide podcast and it's geting increasingly stale and boring. And by far the most stale and boring thing on it is Miss Watson. I don't think my mouth can open wide enough to do my yawn of boredom justice.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Feck wrote:Another thread about her admit it ! you want her .
When I was younger, I would've likened her to a moped. Fun to ride, maybe, but I would never want my friends to see me on one. :biggrin:

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:
When I was younger, I would've likened her to a moped. Fun to ride, maybe, but I would never want my friends to see me on one. :biggrin:
I'd have ended up helping her dye her hair ..she makes such a terrible job of it !

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Feck wrote:
Coito ergo sum wrote:
I'd have ended up helping her dye her hair ..she makes such a terrible job of it !
She certainly could use the help.

And, no, before some folks chime in about criticizing a woman's looks - her silly looking dye job is no different than a guy going all "Grecian formula" in his hair but forgetting to get the grey out of his eyebrows. Image

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Actually I Meant to be demeaning about her looks .It seemed a suitable comment .

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Feck wrote:Actually I Meant to be demeaning about her looks .It seemed a suitable comment .
Oh, yes, I agree - I was just heading off an anticipated claim of sexism for criticizing a woman's hair or looks.

lordpasternack
Divine Knob Twiddler
About me: I have remarkable elbows.

Post by lordpasternack » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:08 pm

PZ Myers. M-Y-E-R-S.

And he aggravates the shit out of me with his insistence on toeing the 'feminist' line, whatever it may be, on any given topic. He appears to aggravate the shit out of his own daughter with that. He is generally a smart and rational thinker - but it's obvious that, by accident or design, he suspends rational thinking when speaking on some topics.

I also think that Watson isn't all that bad - but I think she needs to get some sand out of her vagina...
Then they for sudden joy did weep,
And I for sorrow sung,
That such a king should play bo-peep,
And go the fools among.
Prithee, nuncle, keep a schoolmaster that can teach
thy fool to lie: I would fain learn to lie.

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 pm

lordpasternack wrote:PZ Myers. M-Y-E-R-S.
I have little regard for the correct spelling of his name. He has dropped considerably in my estimation.
lordpasternack wrote:
And he aggravates the shit out of me with his insistence on toeing the 'feminist' line, whatever it may be, on any given topic. He appears to aggravate the shit out of his own daughter with that. He is generally a smart and rational thinker - but it's obvious that, by accident or design, he suspends rational thinking when speaking on some topics.
His was a flatly patronizing and anti-feminist position, although he seemed to think that he was advocating a very feminist position. The long and short of all his lectures on "you [the guy] must have done something wrong," and "how to pick up girls the right way" was that when issues like this come up, you just agree. It's the "Yes, Dear" thing, where men just agree with and take the side of a woman to avoid getting in trouble.
lordpasternack wrote:
I also think that Watson isn't all that bad - but I think she needs to get some sand out of her vagina...
:hilarious:

I love you, lordpasternack. :hugs:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:50 pm

I have to say CES that I'm impressed with your tenacity w/r to personally trying to destroy the worthless and self appointed guardians of "correct human behaviour" that Watson and her coterie of sycophants are.

I think that anyone who claims they are skeptical should first be skeptical of their own bullshit before they start preaching at others and I genuinely believe (some of the time) that increasingly some Feminist* ideology is becoming more akin to a conspiracy theory or a religion than it has anything to do with equality.

I do have to say though I admire the skill in which some Feminists have insinuated themselves in within pressure groups and civil movements only to change the agenda of those movements to promote the same kind of cow exhaust they've been preaching. It's almost viral in its elegance and insidiousness.

(* When I use the term feminist here I am in no way maligning the real struggle for human rights that is denied most people especially women, I mean a class of increasingly privileged Middle Class Western Women who make a career out of claiming the problems that arise due to complex sexual and gender politics are solved with some trite slogans from some handbook of questionable assertions. A group who are more interested in pointing out any perceived transgression of their tedious dogma than they are actually trying to make things better. To me they seem increasingly like a self sustaining inquisition to whom all morality is relative except their own. I see them as behavioural fascists that do no end of harm to the women's movement by being so vocal that they seem like the mainstream.)
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Audley Strange wrote:I have to say CES that I'm impressed with your tenacity w/r to personally trying to destroy the worthless and self appointed guardians of "correct human behaviour" that Watson and her coterie of sycophants are.
Destroy? That's a bit of an overstatement.

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:03 pm

CES and Watson sitting in a tree ........he is just pulling her pigtails :hehe:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:
Audley Strange wrote:I have to say CES that I'm impressed with your tenacity w/r to personally trying to destroy the worthless and self appointed guardians of "correct human behaviour" that Watson and her coterie of sycophants are.
Destroy? That's a bit of an overstatement.
Yes.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Feck wrote:CES and Watson sitting in a tree ........he is just pulling her pigtails :hehe:
I doubt she'd sit in any trees with me...lolz... :biggrin:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Of course not, if you climbed up first you'd be a activist for the Domineering Patriarchal Rape machine, if you said "after you" you'd be a sexist for maintaining traditional gender roles and probably make her feel uncomfortable by having her ass exposed to you as she climbed. You fucking MAN you!