Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Rationalskepticism,lol part III.

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Does anyone seriously believe that Dave hasn't drunk in 10 weeks (let alone 10 hours)? :ask:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 pm

I believe him. I also believe that damage done by alcohol abuse can be permanent.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Yous funny. You really think that however many thousand members they have are all of one mind and one heart, or are you just pissed that they didn't bow down to sup from your massive teat?
They shut down a debate which was ongoing in the media with a couple of insults and shaming tactics (which was deliberate and against the FAQ and they were happy to risk a ban to do it.) So tell me Brian is that the sort of debate which meets with your approval? The ones that didn't take part in the debate means diddle squat to me.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:56 am

We are not all of the same mindset over at Rat Skep as you know only too well. I for one encouraged you to stay and engage with others but
you decided to give in and come here instead. And I defended you after you had gone saying that you were easy going even though I did not
not agree with a single word you ever said with regard to feminism and I still stand by that. Now if I owned a site dedicated to freethinking
I would never dream of banning anyone just because they said something I disagreed with. As I am a passionate believer in free speech and
think that the only way we can progress as a society is by openly debating all subject matter regard less of the consequences. And so while
you may bore all of us to tears with your never ending anti feminist agenda I shall absolutely defend to the death your right to express that
For free speech is in principle for every one not just those whose voice we like the sound of. So we all have it or none of us have it. End of
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Dave is not banned. Never has been.

He just is sulking at Rationalia where his hatred and bigotry is being even more soundly thrashed than at the other place.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:45 am

surreptitious57 wrote:We are not all of the same mindset over at Rat Skep as you know only too well. I for one encouraged you to stay and engage with others but
you decided to give in and come here instead. And I defended you after you had gone saying that you were easy going even though I did not
not agree with a single word you ever said with regard to feminism and I still stand by that. Now if I owned a site dedicated to freethinking
I would never dream of banning anyone just because they said something I disagreed with. As I am a passionate believer in free speech and
think that the only way we can progress as a society is by openly debating all subject matter regard less of the consequences. And so while
you may bore all of us to tears with your never ending anti feminist agenda I shall absolutely defend to the death your right to express that
For free speech is in principle for every one not just those whose voice we like the sound of. So we all have it or none of us have it. End of
I don't have a problem with you either surr77, though how many members of ratskep have been banned on trumped up charges especially using the word 'troll.' I have just pointed out the problems with ratskep in the whole Hunt witch trial debate. Here on Rationalia I even posted the other sides view aka The Guardian and the Independent because I knew the truth will out. So look how the debate went on ratskep (it didn't.) They have a mindset over there that reality has a left wing bias which is bollocks. The only right wingers left over there are so slow witted it is easy to show them up and that is exactly what they want. They wouldn't know skepticism if it bit them on there ass. If they are willing to weigh the scales in their favour so only their 'truth' is acceptable then fuck them. They don't have any integrity over there and I'm happy to call them on it over here at ratz.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

It is interesting that those who have been recently banned were also unpopular and I wonder if that is just coincidence although I know
it is not. Jerome has already been declared a troll so many have convinced themselves he actually is. However if you read him you will
see that he usually posts in a non confrontational style so avoids attempts at personalising an issue unlike his detractors. Now his views
are not mine but as I said before that is no reason why he should be banned. I have no idea if he is a troll or not for only he knows that
Now it is sad how many of my fellow Rat Skeppers want him banned just because he does not think like they do. I wish they were more
open to alternative opinion. Now I cannot do much about what others think but as far as I am concerned I try to treat everyone equally
regardless of whether I agree with them or not because for me what is important are ideas not the individuals who are expressing them

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

'Troll' is such an ambiguous term - its applied to someone who's firm in their convictions, to someone who's just a bit annoying today, to someone who's trying to give you an apoplectic aneurysm, to someone who is simply obnoxious or hateful. If I'm honest, I've probably met all those definitions at some point or other.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Shut up, troll.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Goldemane has just left Rat Skep because the place has gone to shit in his words. The other james thinks that it has become a politically
correct left wing echo chamber. I will continue to post there as it is my cyber home but it is indeed becoming more and more like an echo
chamber as james has said. I remember mentioning to hackenslash the bad reputation that the forum was acquiring and he gave me a right
bollocking for it. But with out wishing to appear smug about it I think I was actually right and I stand by what I said at the time. hackenslash
himself has since left both the forum and the internet because he was tired of having to deal with so much bullshit. Which is ironic to say the
least though I think that he meant different bullshit but even so. The lifeboat for the rational mind may be above water but she has a big hole
in her and only time will tell if she sinks or floats. I hope it is the latter

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Hehehehehe hehe hehehehehehehehe hehe hehe hehe hehehehe...

hehehehe hehe hehehehehehehe...

hehehe hehe hehe hehe....

You said "she has a big hole
in her"... hehe hehe hehe...

hehehe hehe hehe hehehe hehehe hehe hehe hehe hehe....
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Big Hole!!

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:33 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Goldemane has just left Rat Skep because the place has gone to shit in his words. The other james thinks that it has become a politically
correct left wing echo chamber. I will continue to post there as it is my cyber home but it is indeed becoming more and more like an echo
chamber as james has said. I remember mentioning to hackenslash the bad reputation that the forum was acquiring and he gave me a right
bollocking for it. But with out wishing to appear smug about it I think I was actually right and I stand by what I said at the time. hackenslash
himself has since left both the forum and the internet because he was tired of having to deal with so much bullshit. Which is ironic to say the
least though I think that he meant different bullshit but even so. The lifeboat for the rational mind may be above water but she has a big hole
in her and only time will tell if she sinks or floats. I hope it is the latter
It was always going to happen when they started banning members for being 'trolls' even though they were consistent in their views and politics and (non)religion. Now having a different view is considered worthy of being insulted and no need to be addressed because they are (not surprisingly now the minority) different. Even here you get the childish claim that you have been owned or shown up even when you have addressed the points given. Too many people are emotional invested in their politics to even allow for other opinions to be expressed. You only have to look at how the way the Hunt news item was tackled on both forums to see why echo chambers are bad for discussion and ideas.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Hermit wrote:I believe him. I also believe that damage done by alcohol abuse can be permanent.
I would be more worried about adherence to an ideology if I was you, as liver damage doesn't affect your brain.