Your country sucks ass

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Your country sucks ass

Post by NineBerry » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:20 am

I wasn't aware there were Paulaner Biergarten in Canada.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:02 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:16 am
With Canada being such a backwater, no-one cares usually.
True that.

I believe that they are really into beavers in a big way.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:17 am

Canada sucks ass because there's a massive Cunt stinking up the place.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:23 am

Look, Trudeau apologised for the black face gaff. Isn't it time to move on. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:17 am
Canada sucks ass because there's a massive Cunt stinking up the place.
Stop living in the past. Stephen Harper ceased stinking up the country almost 6 years ago. No other Canadian cunt is anywhere near massive enough to stink Canada up like he did.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Americans like to believe that education can be a great equalizer, allowing even the poorest child who studies hard to enter the middle class. But when I looked at what academic researchers and federal data reports have said about the great educational divide between the rich and poor in our country, that belief turns out to be a myth. Basic education, from kindergarten through high school, only expands the disparities.

In 2015, during the Obama administration, the federal education department issued a report that showed how the funding gap between rich and poor schools grew 44 percent over a decade between 2001-2 and 2011-12. That meant that the richest 25 percent of school districts spent $1,500 more per student, on average, than the poorest 25 percent of school districts.

I wish I could have continued to track this data between rich and poor schools to see if school spending had grown more fair. But the Trump administration crunched the numbers differently. When it issued a report in 2018, covering the 2014-15 school year, it found that the wealthiest 25 percent of districts spent $450 more per student than the poorest 25 percent.

That didn’t mean there was a giant 70 percent improvement from $1,500. The Trump administration added together all sources of funds, including federal funding, which amounts to 8 percent of total school spending, while the Obama administration excluded federal funds, counting only state and local dollars, which make up more than 90 percent of education funds. The Obama administration argued at the time that federal funds for poor students were intended to supplement local funds because it takes more resources to overcome childhood poverty, not to create a level playing field.

Rather than marking an improvement, there were signs in the Trump administration data that the funding gap between rich and poor had worsened during the Great Recession if you had compared the figures apples to apples, either including or excluding federal funds. In a follow-up report issued in 2019, the Trump administration documented that the funding gap between rich and poor schools had increased slightly to $473 per student between the 2014-15 and 2015-16 school years.
https://hechingerreport.org/a-decade-of ... education/

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:15 pm

if you think that's funny, look at the background of most of the Olympic athletes. Like Carlin said ' it's a club, and you ain't in it'.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:57 pm

It's worth asking why money is given so much importance here. Why shouldn't everyone expect that a good education doesn't require anything more, money wise, than what the poorest schools can afford?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:37 pm

A bit more to support being skeptical of throwing money at schools and expecting things to improve:
Poverty is a primary driver in the continuation of an assailant having power and control over a survivor of domestic violence. Studies and practice show that if survivors of domestic violence have resources to safely leave a relationship, and land in safe, affordable housing with a means to care for themselves and their children they are more likely to escape further abuse. Low to no income individuals in a domestic violence situation, particularly with children, rarely have the resources they need to break free from the violence.
https://www.safehousecenter.org/the-int ... d-poverty/

--//--
Addiction Driven by Poverty, Not Race
Alcoholism and addiction are more or less the same from race to race, gender to gender, and person to person. What changes are the enforcement and other consequences. These consequences fall naturally upon the poorest.

As the racial stratification of America has decreased, more and more people of color achieve lasting economic stability. This success makes them less of a target for law enforcement.

At the same time, there are enormous regions—including the Deep South and Appalachia— filled with people of primarily caucasian descent who are legendary for their intake of intoxicants and addictive substances.

The unifying factor in all these cases is poverty. Poverty leads to alcoholism or drug addiction. Addiction leads to inappropriate behaviors and detrimental actions to obtain more drugs or alcohol. These often criminal behaviors draw the attention of law enforcement, which targets the poor as well. And incarceration, continued addiction, lack of accessible rehabilitation treatment, and continued poverty when released reinforces the vicious cycle.
https://reducedisparity.org/2020/10/14/ ... -not-race/

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:57 pm
It's worth asking why money is given so much importance here. Why shouldn't everyone expect that a good education doesn't require anything more, money wise, than what the poorest schools can afford?
'Education' isn't about learning.

If it was valuable, they wouldn't need to have the predatory lending practices they use on teens.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:19 pm

Depends on your definition of value I guess.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:19 pm
Depends on your definition of value I guess.
Education has value, of course.

Educational institutions who, in partnership with government, sell teens diplomas (some useful) which put them deeply in debt, which can never be escaped, might be a kind of education.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 pm

What is the value of education?

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Good god, I agree with Cunt on something. First time for everything...

Should college be free, Cunt?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:56 pm
Good god, I agree with Cunt on something. First time for everything...

Should college be free, Cunt?
Yes, for the easy stuff.

It kind of is. If you wanted to learn just about any subject, the cost is a library card and internet access.

My region offers free college (with hoops to jump through) for anyone who grew up here. I also know young people who failed to access it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: