Gifts for The Visitors

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Gifts for The Visitors

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 am

It's because I set the bar really low in the op. Your competitive natures have taken over. :sigh:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu May 17, 2018 10:43 am

PsychoSerenity wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Reminded me of something posted here years ago:
PsychoSerenity wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 pm
I've just had a shocking thought.

Since mammals are the only type of animal that produces milk, and their evolutionary existence is almost purely coincidental, the vast majority of intelligent alien lifeforms throughout the universe will never have tried cheese.
laklak wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm
Ftxgtrg (looking at his plate): What's this called, anyway?

Gtxtxfx: I got it on Urth, it's called cheese.

Ftxgtrg: Looks funny. What IS it?

Gtxtxfx: Well, it's fermented glandular secretions from one of several species of indigenous motile lifeforms, partially digested by bacteria. The blue stuff is mold.

Ftxgtrg: Hmmmmmm....
:biggrin: :cheese:
-brilliant!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 am

I'd present them with a copy of each of the following: The Bible, The Koran, The Torah, Upanishads and random other mystical hocus pocus and ask them if they would care to obliterate us on the basis of their content.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 am

A leaf blower, as a totem of how, when you get down to it, were a bunch of fucking slackers.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 17, 2018 11:19 am

A fidget spinner.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu May 17, 2018 1:53 pm

A Welcome Pak of local discount coupons good at a variety of commercial establishments, and a list of Mexican lawn and pool services.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm

A kilogram of fine Columbian cocaine.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 am
Galaxian.
The visitors would be rather confused, and will reply:"Galaxian is the gift that we gave to you. Returning that gift is the height of indecency! The gift that we most cherish is that you enforce a legal system that's not corrupted. For example, when are bLiar, Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney going to be tried for war crimes? And there are several thousand other senior criminal perpetrators to add to the above four. Before you can even dream of being taken seriously by the Galactic Federation, you need to have a legal system that is impartial and that actually works..."
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Oh Galaxian. You've swallowed the Galactic Federation's propaganda pill and now you can't help but reflexively regurgitate its malignant narrative. The Galactic Federation is an oppressive, controlling regime that hides behind a veil of so-called lofty, civilised ideals while it mercilessly deploys subterfuge, mind-control, genetic manipulation, and gunship diplomacy to stop any species that refuses to accept its authority from developing towards transcendent communion with 'The One'. To use a colloquialism, in everything you write, say, and do, you are singing the songs of the devils not the angels.

Pity Galaxian, for he knows not what he does.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 18, 2018 2:47 pm

The aliens are in bed with the CIA, so it's obvious.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri May 18, 2018 3:10 pm

I used to sleep with an alien. A legal one, but an alien nonetheless. But then she got her citizenship so now I sleep with a 'Murikan.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat May 19, 2018 7:26 am

Fuck the aliens! :Jack: :naughty: :FIO:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 am

only if they are fucklsome
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm
Oh Galaxian. You've swallowed the Galactic Federation's propaganda pill and now you can't help but reflexively regurgitate its malignant narrative. The Galactic Federation is an oppressive, controlling regime that hides behind a veil of so-called lofty, civilised ideals while it mercilessly deploys subterfuge, mind-control, genetic manipulation, and gunship diplomacy to stop any species that refuses to accept its authority from developing towards transcendent communion with 'The One'. To use a colloquialism, in everything you write, say, and do, you are singing the songs of the devils not the angels.
Pity Galaxian, for he knows not what he does.
:cheers: Indeed, there's a lot of truth in what you say. Since psychopathy is an evolutionarily advantageous trait, and selected for in every generation...to the extent that it can feed off the rest of the population (the masses), it follows that psychopathy must exist throughout the Universe.

So, there's always psychopaths in top organizations, such as the Galactic Federation (GF). However the GF has foreseen this, and over its millions of years of existence has taken steps to limit the negative effects of psychopaths (such as megalomania), and enhance their positive effects (such as single-minded problem solving).

Bear in mind also that the GF has a tremendous input from its AI members who constantly exchange data between themselves & the biological members, many of whom are androids or cyborgs (human-machine hybrids). So the psychopathic input is firmly controlled.

But in the final analysis, a tree is known by its fruits, and the GF does not have wars all over the place, in contrast to a certain Earth-bound nation that has some 800 military bases around this sorry globe. The GF does not impose itself on any planet. But it does restrict the expansionist tendencies of any uncivilized, aggressive species, such as the sentient Beings of Earth (till they become civilized). :td:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Is the GF limited by relativity and the speed of light Galaxian my old chum? Which is to say are communications limited by those factors? For example if GHQ (Galactic Headquarters) is somewhere near the centre of the galaxy, does it take 100,000 years (roughly the diameter of the galaxy) for a message to get to the local representatives? Of course if HQ was well on the other side of the galaxy it could take much longer of course - up to 200,000 years. Would make flexibility and short term reactive planning somewhat problematic.

Just wondering and hoping you can help me out with this puzzle. Yours inquisitively.