Conservatives: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Data!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Conservatives: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Data!

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 am

Seth wrote:
eRvin wrote:I didn't say they were a cross section of leftism. Try reading for comprehension for once. YOU said that "a lefty" will be effectively rabidly anti-gmo. YOU are impugning a position to a generic lefty that doesn't comport with reality. And what's this shit that there's necessarily a distinction between a lefty and "rationalists and free thinkers"?!? Don't you find it noteworthy from under your rock that the VAST majority of atheists on the internet support the left of the political spectrum? There's a few liberals like you, and then a small spattering of conservatives and religious trolls.
Fuck off.
Pardon? This wasn't in response to any of your arse water. It was in response to Coito's arse water.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:56 am

Seth wrote:
eRvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:noise
Oh fuck off.

I'm tired of your bullshit.

I'd address anything worthwhile, if I didn't have to wade through your horseshit oblique and not-so-oblique insults. You seem incapable of having a discussion without making it about insults, snark and snot-nosed comments.

Fuck off with yo bad self.
Weak as piss. You have a track record of making outlandish claims and then slinking off to some other part of the internet and avoiding addressing rebuttals. You are failing, yet again, with your ridiculous broad-brush strokes tarring "the left" or "progressives" due to the actions of a noisy minority. Show some reasoning abilities in your posts and you might not get called on your bullshit so often.
Fuck off.
Please refer to the play nice rule before you get yourself suspended again for another two months. :bored:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:58 am

Seth wrote:
eRvin wrote: Let's see some evidence for these assertions please.
Fuck off.
Oh dear. How is your holiday shopping going? Where are you going to go for the two months?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:59 am

Tyrannical wrote:Liberals and data lol
This part of Tyrannical's post has been removed because it is racist hate speech
IQ tests? Who needs them
Statistics? Dey be rasist.
Science? Dat be rayis too!

This is a warning that a similar infraction in future will result in a lengthy suspension
The data shows that there's more genetic variation within "races" than between them. :fp:

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 pm

eRvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
eRvin wrote:I didn't say they were a cross section of leftism. Try reading for comprehension for once. YOU said that "a lefty" will be effectively rabidly anti-gmo. YOU are impugning a position to a generic lefty that doesn't comport with reality. And what's this shit that there's necessarily a distinction between a lefty and "rationalists and free thinkers"?!? Don't you find it noteworthy from under your rock that the VAST majority of atheists on the internet support the left of the political spectrum? There's a few liberals like you, and then a small spattering of conservatives and religious trolls.
Fuck off.
Pardon? This wasn't in response to any of your arse water. It was in response to Coito's arse water.
Fuck off.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Clap clap fuck off
Clap clap fuck on

More fun the a light switch lol

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:39 pm

eRvin wrote:
The data shows that there's more genetic variation within "races" than between them. :fp:
This statement is technically true, but is incomplete. The statement on variability is correct when examining the frequency of different alleles (variants of a particular gene) at an individual locus (the location of a particular gene) between individuals, it is, however,s possible to classify individuals into different racial groups to almost 100% accuracy if you consider the frequency of the alleles at several loci at the same time. The frequency of given alleles tends to cluster differently for different human populations.

So, it's a nice statement, and true -- because humans only diverged, say, 50 or 100,000 years ago, or so, give or take, out of Africa. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't biological races, as distinct from pure "social construct" races.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:40 pm

eRvin wrote:
Please refer to the play nice rule before you get yourself suspended again for another two months. :bored:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:41 pm

:hehe:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:06 am

Forty Two wrote:
eRvin wrote:
This statement is technically true, but is incomplete. The statement on variability is correct when examining the frequency of different alleles (variants of a particular gene) at an individual locus (the location of a particular gene) between individuals, it is, however,s possible to classify individuals into different racial groups to almost 100% accuracy if you consider the frequency of the alleles at several loci at the same time. The frequency of given alleles tends to cluster differently for different human populations.

So, it's a nice statement, and true -- because humans only diverged, say, 50 or 100,000 years ago, or so, give or take, out of Africa. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't biological races, as distinct from pure "social construct" races.
I'm not going to get into a debate about this with you, as debating you is a pointless exercise. But science and pretty much everyone else disagrees with you - https://www.google.com.au/#q=is+there+s ... gical+race

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 am

There are some minor biological elements to the rather fuzzy concept of race, mixed with social elements. Those biological elements are unimportant in the scheme of things...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:20 am

But they were racists first, don't forget that.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Tyrannical wrote:Liberals and data lol
This part of Tyrannical's post has been removed because it is racist hate speech
IQ tests? Who needs them
Statistics? Dey be rasist.
Science? Dat be rayis too!

This is a warning that a similar infraction in future will result in a lengthy suspension
Hate speech, WTF. Unless this is due to the forum being based in the UK, then I understand.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:12 pm

JimC wrote:There are some minor biological elements to the rather fuzzy concept of race, mixed with social elements. Those biological elements are unimportant in the scheme of things...
Probably best using the term ethnicity as you pointed out race is an ill-defined term.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Forty Two wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:. . . "benefits of social media" and you don't think a self-identifying "conservative" is going to think they see where this is headed?
What political implications might a conservative be wary of in regard to the topic of the benefits of social media?
The issue is that conservatives will not expect there to be any reliable, objective data on "the benefits of social media" -- such as proving it beneficial or harmful one way or the other. Conservatives are also less likely to be adopters of new things, so a liberal will be more pro-newer-media, like social media, whereas a conservative would be more likely to start off with the presupposition that it isn't necessarily a good thing.

It's about presuppositions - liberals have their own, but this study seems to focus on the areas where conservatives have certain presuppositions. However, if you picked some other topics, where liberals or leftists have some presuppositions, they'll also be resistant to new data.

Have you ever had a discussion with a lefty person about Monsanto or GMOs? They reject the mountains upon mountains of data that prove GMOs safe and reliable - at least as safe as non-GMO food - with not a shred of evidence of any negative effects attributable to GMOs, but they still hang on to their "frankenfood" nonsense.

I'm not saying the lefties are worse, not by any means. They just have their own biases and resistances.
Those GMOs have residual round up.
Monsanto crops need round up, usually. They need both weed and insect controk. Unless they have bt toxin, a protein.
Round up now carcinogen in CA. Since the EPA is no longer functional.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/calif ... ar-BBDkOcQ