Conservatives: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Data!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Conservatives: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Data!

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Was that post supposed to make sense, Tero? It reads like a Trump tweet, covfefe.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:18 pm

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:31 pm

I understand it. But, Tero could be less lazy. :shifty:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 pm

It was the only Monsanto thread.

The toxin is abbreviated Bt:
Many GM crops are engineered to produce the insecticide Bt toxin. Regulators have approved GM Bt crops on the assumption that the insecticidal toxin they contain is the same as the natural form of Bt toxin, a substance produced by the soil-dwelling bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 pm

It wasn't the location of your post that made no sense. Even your clarification there makes no point. What are you trying to say?

Is there something wrong with BT proteins? It's used in organic farming.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Forty Two wrote:It wasn't the location of your post that made no sense. Even your clarification there makes no point. What are you trying to say?

GMO crops, made for use of round up, are dangerous due to the residual round up. Round up was declared a carcinogen in CA.

Bt toxin in some GMO crops has additional issues.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Tero wrote:
Forty Two wrote:It wasn't the location of your post that made no sense. Even your clarification there makes no point. What are you trying to say?

GMO crops, made for use of round up, are dangerous due to the residual round up. Round up was declared a carcinogen in CA.

Bt toxin in some GMO crops has additional issues.
Do you have any data? Or, you don't need stinkin' data?

Your post was about Bt protein, not glyphosate, which is not the same thing at all.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:16 pm

I mentioned both. Monsanto seed is expensive so you need two add ons.
"Monsanto crops need round up, usually. They need both weed and insect control"

Spelling corrected.

I'm not going to explain it further. See Wilipedia.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:27 pm

There's an encyclopaedia of willies? :tat:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Tero wrote:I mentioned both. Monsanto seed is expensive so you need two add ons.
"Monsanto crops need round up, usually. They need both weed and insect control"

Spelling corrected.

I'm not going to explain it further. See Wilipedia.
Further? You haven't explained anything at all. Monsanto, GMO, Bt, oh, my!

Who cares if Monsanto crops need round up. Lots of crops use round up. The reason "Monsanto crops" use round up is because when they are round up resistant you can use the round up to get rid of the weeds without killing the crop. So what?

All crops need weed an insect control.

Bt Corn outperforms non-Bt corn by far - https://gmoanswers.com/ask/what-differe ... vs-non-gmo

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 pm

So you didn't get my point at all. Unlike libruls and the organic crazies, the starches and fats in GMO corn are fine, normal. But only GMO crops use round up. It kills all normal

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Tero wrote:So you didn't get my point at all. Unlike libruls and the organic crazies, the starches and fats in GMO corn are fine, normal. But only GMO crops use round up. It kills all normal
Do you not finish sentences? So what? The EPA considers glyphosate to have low toxicity when used at the recommended doses. “Risk estimates for glyphosate were well below the level of concern,” said EPA spokesman Dale Kemery. The EPA classifies glyphosate as a Group E chemical, which means there is strong evidence that it does not cause cancer in humans.

We don't trust the EPA anymore? Only on global warming? Global warming, EPA is trustworthy, and they are not in the pockets of anybody, but when it comes to glyphosate, the EPA saying there is strong evidence that it does not cause cancer in humans is not to be trusted?

It's also been judged safe by the European Chemical Agency, which ruled that“the available scientific evidence did not meet the criteria to classify glyphosate as a carcinogen, as a mutagen or as toxic for reproduction."

What's the problem?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

The EPA is not going to ban anything in the Trump era.
Officials announced that starting July 7, the weed killer's main ingredient, glyphosate, will appear on a list California keeps of potentially cancerous chemicals. A year later, the listing could come with warning labels on the product.

Monsanto has filed an appeal after losing in the court to block the labeling requirement as it might harm the company’s business. State health regulators are yet to decide if the amount of the chemical in Roundup is high enough to pose a risk to human health. The officials have reportedly received more than 1,300 comments. Sam Delson, a spokesman for California's Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment was quoted saying by the LA times: "We can't say for sure. We're reviewing those comments.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the specialized cancer agency of the World Health Organization had declared glyphosate as a probable human carcinogen in March 2015. Introduced by Monsanto in 1974 as an effective way of killing weeds, it is used in Roundup, which is ranked as the second most widely used U.S. lawn and garden weed killer. The agrochemical has no color or smell and is sold in more than 160 countries. According to a report by the National Geographic, farmers use it on 250 types of crops in California, the nation's leading farming state. Nearly all the corn, soy, and cotton now grown in the United States is treated with glyphosate.
link in my older post
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Tero wrote:The EPA is not going to ban anything in the Trump era.
That's your data? LOL - Conservatives - we don't need no stinking data.

Dude, they could have banned it some time in the last 40 years.

Trump era. What a fucking joke. He's been President for 6 months and that's why the EPA hasn't banned it since it was introduced in 1974, through Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama? No opportunity? It was examined and classified group E, non-cancer causing under Obama.

I guess under the "Obama Era" the EPA wasn't going to ban it either.... that's probably because Obama glyphosate was safe and reasonable. It's the Trump era stuff that's bad.