Racism about islam can't exist: islam isn't a race: Poll

Do you agree with the substantive motion?

Yes
71%
No
21%
Not sure
7%

Total votes: 14

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Racism about islam can't exist: islam isn't a race: Poll

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:25 am

Liquified brains... :drool:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 am

JimC wrote:However, the various passages from Hemingway, literary gems though they well may be, are random with respect to the threads they are injected into.

But they do break the monotony of Exi's posts, I suppose...
Yes, somewhat random interjections they are, and they do make for a pleasant interlude between Exi's monotonous drone, but I don't know if they are literary gems. To start with, the stuff Pissy keeps quoting is not entirely verbatim. Rather than lifted from primary sources, they seem to originate from other people's retelling of them. For instance, the original of the latest instalment can be found here. This one is a bit of a running joke, consisting of the writer's inventions threatening to jump out of their pages and threatening to kill him.

Moreover, the fact that Hemingway received the Nobel prize for literature is no guarantee that he wrote gems. He was merely the last of a series of six authors between 1930 and 1954 who benefited from a cunning plan by their American publishers. The publishers realised that they could increase print runs, and therefore profits, by inducing the relevant committees via material incentives to award the gongs to the writers they published.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:30 am

Oh cynicism, thy name is Hermit... :nono:
And my gin!

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 am

Brian Peacock wrote:I take it that you are declining my invitation to justify your assertions? No obligation, no matter. Your silence makes as strong a case as your postings.
If you could come up for air from all the verbosity and just say what you meant by philocratic I'd be grateful.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:51 am

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:I take it that you are declining my invitation to justify your assertions? No obligation, no matter. Your silence makes as strong a case as your postings.
If you could come up for air from all the verbosity and just say what you meant by philocratic I'd be grateful.
I know that it's hard for some people to follow an erudite and complex argument, that uses words with several syllables... :console:
And my gin!

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:57 am

JimC wrote:erudite and complex argument
I think you mean pretentious crap

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:18 am

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Halfwits and trolls are incapable of parsing a simple spelling and/or grammar mistake.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:30 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Halfwits and trolls are incapable of parsing a simple spelling and/or grammar mistake.
This is like some awful primary school playground.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:31 am

Shall I link to the posts where you cowardly attacked Jim and I, and set this precedent in motion?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:02 am

Exi5tentialist wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
This is like some awful primary school playground.
But without a friendly teacher to complain to! :Jack:
And my gin!

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:24 am

Hermit wrote:
JimC wrote:However, the various passages from Hemingway, literary gems though they well may be, are random with respect to the threads they are injected into.

But they do break the monotony of Exi's posts, I suppose...
Yes, somewhat random interjections they are, and they do make for a pleasant interlude between Exi's monotonous drone, but I don't know if they are literary gems. To start with, the stuff Pissy keeps quoting is not entirely verbatim. Rather than lifted from primary sources, they seem to originate from other people's retelling of them. For instance, the original of the latest instalment can be found here. This one is a bit of a running joke, consisting of the writer's inventions threatening to jump out of their pages and threatening to kill him.

Moreover, the fact that Hemingway received the Nobel prize for literature is no guarantee that he wrote gems. He was merely the last of a series of six authors between 1930 and 1954 who benefited from a cunning plan by their American publishers. The publishers realised that they could increase print runs, and therefore profits, by inducing the relevant committees via material incentives to award the gongs to the writers they published.

There is a German who comes into the boite I frequent on Rue Jacob. He buys drinks, is quick with a cigarette, and is even a bit funny. Or at least as funny as a German can be.

Nevertheless, I feel the urge to slug him on occasion. He has sleepy eyes and a strong chin that makes my knuckles itch. I know there is never any profit in starting brawls in public houses. And there is no profit in slugging a big German right in his iron drawbridge. But one of these nights I am going to crack him a good one.

Back to the matter at hand. . . When you leave a woman they usually go down easy, like when you shoot a bison cow. They dont even seem to feel it. Although the feeling you are left with is unsatisfactory and confused. Some women, however, go down like hyenas, chasing their tails and screaming and thinking about chewing your face while their intestines leak all over which of course makes them shriek all the more.

Of course, the problem is that you never know which you will get when you pull the trigger.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:34 am

Fascinating. :bored:

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:38 am

Young man, I do not know enough about you to form an opinion but you seem like one of those types who go around knocking up young women and then getting your parents to pay for the abortions.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:45 am

A clear case of the Hemingway virus. Nothing can be done for the patient... :nono:
And my gin!

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:05 am

JimC wrote:A clear case of the Hemingway virus. Nothing can be done for the patient... :nono:
I was married 4 times and I dont believe it is coincidence that I had a new wife for every great book I published. I kept writing great lines even though they werent all great lines.

Had I been married only once, I probably would've produced only one great book. And the great lines would've stopped coming. But I also loved the first one more than all the others. I wished I had died before I loved anyone but her.