Narcissistic Womenz Fear Spyware From Ex's

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Narcissistic Womenz Fear Spyware From Ex's

Post by cronus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30579307

Spyware use in domestic violence 'escalating'

Stalkers and abusers are increasingly using cheap spyware to monitor and harass their victims, claims a charity.

Tracking and listening devices, often disguised as everyday objects, retail online for under £50 and are easy to install, says the Digital-Trust.

There are no official figures but "digital abuse" is often experienced by victims of domestic violence, it adds.

People with abusive partners should also be wary of gadgets given to their children, the charity warns.

"Eighteen months ago I issued advice to domestic violence groups about fathers gifting smartphones or even allowing them to take them on access visits because it is so easy for abusers to use them as surveillance," said Jennifer Perry, chief executive of the newly formed Digital-Trust.

"I recommend children are given inexpensive pay as you go phones when visiting an abusive parent."

Ms Perry said incidents of digital abuse - ranging from surveillance to accessing voicemails, emails and cloud accounts, is escalating in the UK.

In addition cheap surveillance devices - small GPS trackers, listening devices and cameras hidden inside books, lamps, plug sockets and carbon monoxide detectors, are freely available online despite some of them being illegal.

"If I have a domestic violence victim I assume there will be some type of digital abuse - it's not the exception, it's the assumption," she told the BBC.

(continued, next stop the ward for some of these womenz?)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

piscator

Re: Narcissistic Womenz Fear Spyware From Ex's

Post by piscator » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:40 pm

"I recommend children are given inexpensive pay as you go phones when visiting an abusive parent."

Make those phones bright purple with a big flashing lights for even more passive aggression. Or just include a text of the OP on the phone. :pop: