Swearing on the Telly

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Swearing on the Telly

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:11 pm

You'd think his ability to do anything would be undermined by a lack of support. In fact, with so many legitimate competitors you'd think his power would be seriously limited by law by now.

---so, what can your guy do?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:18 pm

Well, it might (though I can't swear to it) if he was put in minority in the upcoming legislative ballot, but since the system change in 2002, the president has always been the winner of the legislatives, and always had the assembly at his beck and call... let's say I'm not overly optimistic, even though I'm trying to get a better rep than the current one.

And his power is not as much as it used to be, for instance now the mandate is 5 years and not 7, and he can't have more than 2 consecutive mandates (I don't remember if it's 2 following, or 2 period), but we'd actually need to totally change the constitution to really reduce presidential power... and De Gaulle had us shift to that system in 58 because 120 years of parliamentary republic had proven the country to be ungovernable under that system.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:18 pm
Well, it might (though I can't swear to it) if he was put in minority in the upcoming legislative ballot, but since the system change in 2002, the president has always been the winner of the legislatives, and always had the assembly at his beck and call... let's say I'm not overly optimistic, even though I'm trying to get a better rep than the current one.

And his power is not as much as it used to be, for instance now the mandate is 5 years and not 7, and he can't have more than 2 consecutive mandates (I don't remember if it's 2 following, or 2 period), but we'd actually need to totally change the constitution to really reduce presidential power... and De Gaulle had us shift to that system in 58 because 120 years of parliamentary republic had proven the country to be ungovernable under that system.
You need less cheese.
“How can anyone govern a nation that has two hundred and forty-six different kinds of cheese?”
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Less cheese? LESS cheese?

Thou blasphemes!
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:48 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:43 am

Careful rainbow, if you go on being gross, we just might recolonize because you obviousluy need to be taught manners

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am

Where you been, cunt?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:49 am

Out in limbo, my computer decided to go on strike, and when I tried to log in from the replacement machine, I discovered I had totally forgotten my password, and for some reason I don't get, I never got the answer mails to my requests for a new password, had to bother Rachel (may she have lots of beer that doesn't upset her tummy and good sex all she may want) when I at last found her mail in my archives.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:51 am

Oh, and if you call me a cunt again, I'll kick your butt so hard you'll fly straight to Yellowknife.