English butthurt

For (slightly) serious discussion of things involving balls and a lot of effort (that aren't sex!)
Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Re: English butthurt

Post by Clinton Huxley » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Interesting to see that Aus got 14 golds last time round, probably mostly in swimming, but this time, the US have hoovered those up? Michael Phelps is a merman and I'm pretty sure that is against the rules.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:52 pm

We won our second gold medal in the sailing with tom slingsby in the laser class! :tut: Celebrations included him capsizing his little dinghy boat. :funny:

Well played sir now to win a couple more golds to stick it up those sheep shaggers. :cheer:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 am

redunderthebed wrote:We won our second gold medal in the sailing with tom slingsby in the laser class! :tut: Celebrations included him capsizing his little dinghy boat. :funny:

Well played sir now to win a couple more golds to stick it up those sheep shaggers. :cheer:
The Welsh or the Kiwis?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:31 pm

21 Golds for the UK! Some butthurt.. :coffee:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:59 pm

The kiwis jimbo!

Anna Meares won our 3rd gold medal in the cycling fuck yeah. :{D

Sally Pearson in the 100m hurdles final in 2 and half hours. :ab: :ab: :ab:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Another for Chris Hoy. :)
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm

The face of English Butthurt.... Image

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Even Yorkshire has more medals than the Aussies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olym ... 10174.html

:coffee:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Fecking scum.

Anyhoo Sally Pearson won another gold for Australia in the 100m hurdles it was freaking horrible waiting for the results i think poor sally almost fainted. :(

But yeah our dignity restored we have won more medals and gold medals than NZ. :{D

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:53 pm

redunderthebed wrote:We won our second gold medal in the sailing with tom slingsby in the laser class! :tut: Celebrations included him capsizing his little dinghy boat. :funny:

I've just returned from Portland and the Aussies had taken over the best local pub as 'Official Pub of the Australian Sailing Team'.

It is a lovely pub, next to the beach, serving real ale and fine local seafood.

The first night the aussies had it serving Fosters and Hog Roast. :nono:

http://www.thecovehouseinn.co.uk/

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:02 pm

http://www.mysailing.com.au/news/suppor ... n-portland
Supporters of the Australian Sailing Team at the London Olympics, along with media boat drivers, support staff and a lot of locals, are flocking to the Cove House Inn overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Portland.

The pub has been officially comandeered by the team, with support crew member Stewart Wood decking it out in Australian flags, inflatable kangaroos and other Australian insignia. He has erected a signboard showing the distance to places such as Anzac Cove, the Gold Coast, Perth and Wangi Wangi, the home town of Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen on Lake Macquarie. The staff are wearing AST tee-shirts and there is even a SLAM shop selling official team gear.

The Portland residents have embraced the concept and apart from suggesting a "locals lane" for quick service at the bar, appear to bear no ill-will to the antipodeans who have invaded their space. (People who live in Portland are known as "Islanders" and their attitude to "mainlanders" is summed up by the bumper sticker which says, "Keep Portland Weird".)

At breakfast the morning after I arrived, I heard the media boat drivers at my hotel talking about the Aussie pub and saying it was "the place to go" after their work was done. I have also bumped into plenty of Channel Nine/Foxtel staff shooting footage there, and last night we all gathered to watch the opening ceremony from London. As the photo shows, Malcolm Page and Mat Belcher dressed in their formal team clothing for the event - Mal showed us his name which is printed inside the jacket, along with those of Australia's other gold medallists from past Olympics.

A huge contingent of family and friends of the sailors is due to arrive today, and many will make their way to the pub for dinner and a drink. The Outteridge party is rumoured to number 25, while David and Mavis Slingsby are bringing seven friends from the Gosford Sailing Club to support Tom. Last night Olivia Price's mother was in attendance but her husband was with Olivia's brother Harry at the 29er Worlds in Germany - the trials of being sailing parents!

Right in front of the main bar entrance is Stewart Wood's masterpiece, a tally board showing the medal count. Hopefully Australia will be at the top of the table, leading to more of the good-natured banter between Aussies and locals that has been going on for the past week.
:funny:

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

The poor girl almost fainted when the result was announced.

She is also easy on the eye tbh. :shifty:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Really? Looks like a bloke to me. :ask:

fretmeister
About me: Magician, Entertainer, Balloon Modeller, Skeptic, Singer, Bassist, Guitarist, all round audience addict! (I'm also a lawyer but don't tell anyone)

Post by fretmeister » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Official Austalian announcement.

"Due to the performance in the Olympics we shall be introducing a gradual name change as follows: Australia -> Agstralia -> Snstralia -> Pbstralia."
MusicRadar is dead. Long Live http://thefretboard.co.uk/

John_fi_Skye
About me: I'm a sentimental old git. I'm a mawkish old bastard.

Post by John_fi_Skye » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:39 am

Rum wrote:Really? Looks like a bloke to me. :ask:
There are indeed some funny-looking blokes in Cumberland..... :tea:
Pray, do not mock me: I am a very foolish fond old man; And, to deal plainly, I fear I am not in my perfect mind.

Blah blah blah blah blah!

Memo to self: no Lir chocolates.

Life is glorious.