Should Lecturers on Adult Campuses Be Allowed Affairs With Students?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Should Lecturers on Adult Campuses Be Allowed Affairs With Students?

Post by Hermit » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:22 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:21 am
Those who bring in the power dynamic argument forget life is not fair except in Communist countries where people pay a heavy price for the level playing field.
So called communist countries were and are bereft of level playing fields.
aufbahrung wrote:
Why shouldn't pretty or handsome folks get a higher grade than the squat and ugly?
Who says they shouldn't? I for one am all for them to get a higher grade, but not on account of having sex with the person who marks their papers.
aufbahrung wrote:
I'd have thought it would improve the gene pool in the long run?
How would having sex with the person who marks their papers improve the gene pool?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:25 am

Much smaller population after the human die off and intellectual crunch by the loss of lineages that depended on caesareans to give birth to the nephilim who are like smart mules without modern technology which the collapse will deny them. You got to realise the scale of catastrophe for humanity on its way before seeing where my cards lay on the table here.
Last edited by aufbahrung on Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeAreAStableCountry

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:26 am

The inside of your brain must be a confusing place..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:45 am

Not standard. Built it myself. Most go for a off the shelf. Fair enough for them. Where would we be without some conformity afterall. But for me I prefer to see what the brain can do, and parts I can modify. After all no second life to take LSD in...not that I would. Different methods. Meditation and that sort of thing for me.
WeAreAStableCountry

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:25 am
Much smaller population after the human die off and intellectual crunch by the loss of lineages that depended on caesareans to give birth to the nephilim who are like smart mules without modern technology which the collapse will deny them. You got to realise the scale of catastrophe for humanity on its way before seeing where my cards lay on the table here.
Let me ask again: How would having sex with the person who marks their papers improve the gene pool?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:05 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:25 am
Early Christians believed that Christ's appearance signalled the end of days. c.700 years later the learned believed that the world of man and nature was entering the end times with the closing of the 6th millennium after the creation. In medieval England, on Christmas Day 1085CE, around teatime, William I commissioned the Doomsday Book, as a survey and account of all the shires held in his possession on behalf of Christ. This account would, he believed, assure his entry into heaven when the world ended - which was obvs just around the corner. In 1284 Pope Innocent III predicted that the end of the world and the final judgement would come 666 years after the rise of Islam, which unsurprisingly worked out to be 1284. In 1658 notorious smallpox spreader Christopher Columbus said he'd worked out from Bible that the world began in 5343BCE and would end exactly 7000 years later. If we don't count an extra year zero that meant the end would come in, well I never, 1658. Discoverer of the fundamental mathematical constant e, Jacob Bernoulli used early astronomy and the rigours of maths to confirm that a comet would destroy the earth on 5 April 1719. Unfortunately he died 14 years before his prediction could be verified by observation. The Seventh Day Adventist Church was formed specifically to preach the good news that the final, world-ending deathmatch-slamdown between Satan and Jesus was scheduled for 1874. They're still going strong. Around the same time the apparent rediscovery of the prophesies of Old Mother Shipton headlined with the news that the world would end in fiery torment in 1881. Even though the Mother Shipton prophesies were debunked as fictional fakes at the time some people sold up and took holy orders ahead of the great apocalypse. Then there was the end-times clamour that accompanied the appearance of Hally's Comet in 1910, the prediction the world would simply disappear with a puff in 1935 from evangelical preacher Wilbur Glenn Voliva, and who can forget George Van Tassel's prediction of global annihilation, as channelled to him by that alien prankster Ashtar, in 1962. Pat Robertson, who blamed the 9/11 attacks on "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays, and the lesbians", cashed-in bigtime during 1976 with predictions that the world would end in 1982. And I'm sure even you have first-hand memories of Harold Camping, who predicted the Rapture would come on 6 September 1994? When it didn't arrive he claimed to have got the maths wrong, but that it was definitely going to happen on 28 September, then on 2 October, then on etc etc. I believe his prediction is still being updated biannually. Then there's Steve Bannon and his Fourth Wheel theory that's big with the alt-right types, and which says we're living at the absolute tailend of civilisation. The difference with Bannon's take is that because we're living on the precipitous edge of complete societal collapse it's the duty of every white and right-thinking man to lend his shoulder to the wheel and push it over the edge. And these are just the ones I found in half-an-hour of basic Google-fu.

Isn't it nice to see this living tradition continuing on these very pages eh, but what relevance do your end-times predictions have for our discussions on whether it's OK for middle-aged male academic staff to come on the tits of their 19 year old female students? :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 pm

More convinced you all are its the end of days the more you'll chill out with your lizzabeethan morals. My plan been unravelled. Helps that WW3 is on the radar again. Never said anything would happen regarding total extinction just yet. But aren't lecturers are so poorly paid that without striking for deregulation and removal of morality policing there is really nothing to keep them on the job? It won't bring on the apocalypse to normalise education with retail and shelf filling work in regards to carnal matters that happen, as a consequence of natural human interaction.

WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:17 pm

aufbahrung wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 pm
More convinced you all are its the end of days the more you'll chill out with your lizzabeethan morals.
If you'd made a moral argument, rather than just expressing a desire, we'd be having a lot more interesting conversation now.
aufbahrung wrote:
My plan been unravelled. Helps that WW3 is on the radar again. Never said anything would happen regarding total extinction just yet.
That's right. All you have to say is that it's just around the corner. Don't want to be caught being too specific like Camping. That's because your predictions of impending doom (from the Old English dom: a law, statute, decree; administration of justice, judgment; justice, equity, righteousness) are pure affectation, that is: based on a feeling; an emotional response.
aufbahrung wrote:
But aren't lecturers are so poorly paid that without striking for deregulation and removal of morality policing there is really nothing to keep them on the job?
I get what you're saying here: why would anyone be a lecturer when there's so much regulation and paperwork to do? That's actually a real problem, along with the kind of 'freelance' zero-hours contracting that they're lumped with. That's actually why they've been taking strike action all year.

But you're also saying something else: why would anyone be a lecturer when there's so many redundant moral strictures stopping middle-aged men from engaging in sexual activity with their teen and post-teen female students? However, if you thought about this from the perspective of the young women, rather than simply identifying with the middle-aged men, then I'm pretty sure the answer would be pretty obvious to you.
aufbahrung wrote:
It won't bring on the apocalypse to normalise education with retail and shelf filling work in regards to carnal matters that happen, as a consequence of natural human interaction.
Hmm. That's a rather bleak, transactional view of intimate human relations. But then again, I guess most of us don't really think about the nature of sexual intimacy, who gains or cedes control, who has the power or status to compel and who lacks the power or status to refuse, or the feedback between intimate human relations and those broader social relations expressed within and throughout societies predominantly ordered by the perspectives and the will of men. Just as long as we come, eh, right lads?

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:41 pm

Much smaller population with much lower social velocity I think the ordinary patriarchal nature of society will return. A few decades of cultural marxism can't wipe out natural human relations.
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:02 am

Clean your room. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:16 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:41 pm
Much smaller population with much lower social velocity I think the ordinary patriarchal nature of society will return. A few decades of cultural marxism can't wipe out natural human relations.
Um, Not having sex with the person who marks their papers will do that?

You need to go into detail to make that convincing.

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:41 am

Everything will change after the coming nuclear war and population collapse. Never said only one thing is gonna change. Also I think education is over-valued. There is biological intelligence. Those with it will ferret out info for themselves. In the interent era. Those without forever live in fear of the light, getting that 965 million dollar fine for being wrong. Normalising human relations in the education profession on the other hand, so that it is the same as shelf stacking, could be the start for bringing paygrades down and saving the state monies.
WeAreAStableCountry

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:09 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:41 am
Everything will change after the coming nuclear war and population collapse. Never said only one thing is gonna change. Also I think education is over-valued. There is biological intelligence. Those with it will ferret out info for themselves. In the interent era. Those without forever live in fear of the light, getting that 965 million dollar fine for being wrong. Normalising human relations in the education profession on the other hand, so that it is the same as shelf stacking, could be the start for bringing paygrades down and saving the state monies.
Opinion noted. Now please reply to this question: How would having sex with the person who marks their papers improve the gene pool? Is being pretty or handsome evidence of what you call biological intelligence? If so, what exactly is biological intelligence? How is it beneficial to the human population? Will it lessen the chance of any of your catastrophic scenarios becoming reality?

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:33 am

Intermarriage with random folks is always better for the genepool than marriage in a civilization dependant 'dynasty'.
WeAreAStableCountry