Xenophobic Nationalist, oh shut up already.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Xenophobic Nationalist, oh shut up already.

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

I heard someone complain their culture was at risk and they were immediately attacked as being racist. They were merely lucky to be born where they were born and that's nothing special.

Yes, they were lucky to be born. But they've got some years of investment since that birth, and not only their investment, but their family's and the communities where they've lived.

You see this shit all the time. A person says they're worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture, and they're accused of being racist, xenophobic, and nationalist. It's batshit.

Culture changes. I can hardly put my finger on culture, what it is exactly. It's so messy. But I recognize that some aspects might be identifiable and that being subject to change some who like those aspects might not want to see that change, and that this doesn't mean they are racists or xenophobic. It means they like some aspect of the culture they identify with and don't want to see it go away.

More importantly, they have likely done considerably more to maintain that culture than simply having been born into it!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Xenophobic Nationalist, oh shut up already.

Post by laklak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm

You lurking at Ratskep?

I sympathize. My home state has been ruined by fucking immigrants, and I ain't takling bout no Beaners hell we love them. Im talkin bout fuckin carpetbaggin Yankees. Come down and start bitchin bout what's this biscuits and gravy and I can't get a decent pastrami on rye and they's too many people with guns and everybody talk funny and well fuck you then. Jes so you know I-95 runs both goddamn ways and yes, you goddamn well CAN turn right on a red light and I don't give a rat fuck how y'all do it back up North jes git y'alls ass back to New Goddamn York we didn't invite y'all inyways.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 pm

Exactly.

I wonder how they like the American invasion in the UK? After Brexit I'm taking biscuits'n gravy on the road, and ma loud mouth too! :biggrin:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Your take on this post and post #66 of the thread titled "Mass immigration is a disaster"? at Ratzkep?

Oh, those poor widdle racist/xenophobic fucks. :roll:

Last edited by Hermit on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:59 pm

:lol: A picture of racist idiots with tiki torches! What's your point?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 am

Culture is a significant part of our identities, but it's not a static thing. It's ever changing. Wanting it to stay the same is a bit backwards.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:12 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:59 pm
They too are the ones who "complain their culture was at risk", are "worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture" and have "years of investment since that birth, and not only their investment, but their family's and the communities where they've lived"

The idiots with tiki torches are expressing the same sentiment as the unnamed "someone", who has probably posted his own view on the matter from the comfort of his apartment in Paris. The "someone" is as much of a racist/xenophobic fuck as the polo-shirted protesters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:15 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 am
Culture is a significant part of our identities, but it's not a static thing. It's ever changing. Wanting it to stay the same is a bit backwards.
I agree that can be true. But it's possible that some change is undesirable.

I hate the rampant anti-intellectual slant in the US. Many parts of Europe can be proud of just the opposite. But some are now threatened with the same nonsense we have. Shouldn't they oppose it?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:18 am

Hermit wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:12 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
They too are the ones who "complain their culture was at risk", are "worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture" and have "years of investment since that birth, and not only their investment, but their family's and the communities where they've lived"

The idiots with tiki torches are expressing the same sentiment as the unnamed "someone", who has probably posted his own view on the matter from the comfort of his apartment in Paris. The "someone" is as much of a racist/xenophobic fuck as the polo-shirted protesters.
Those idiots want to protect a racist tradition. It does no good to pretend arguing for protecting an investment in culture is equivalent to a more general claim which allows you to sneak those fucks in.

See above.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:06 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:18 am
Hermit wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:12 am
Sean Hayden wrote:

Those idiots want to protect a racist tradition. It does no good to pretend arguing for protecting an investment in culture is equivalent to a more general claim which allows you to sneak those fucks in.

See above.
Orly? Do tell me how this "someone" complained their culture was at risk. Be specific. Was he afraid of the deleterious effect of the internet's social media? Atheism? The failure of modern education? Political correctness? Feminism? Or was it the fear of "the great replacement"?

Also, note that I included xenophobia in my reply.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:27 am

I'll leave them to that. My point stands on its own.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:27 am
Your point being that a person who says they're worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture being accused of being racist, xenophobic, and nationalist is batshit?

I agree with you when that person opines the cause of a culture's death the internet's social media, atheism, the failure of modern education, political correctness or feminism, but I suspect you were motivated to start this thread by reading the one at Ratzkep I linked to earlier, where none of these factors got a mention. It featured instead two posters who are racist or xenophobic to the core.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 am

Hermit wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Your point being that a person who says they're worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture being accused of being racist, xenophobic, and nationalist is batshit?

I agree with you when that person opines the cause of a culture's death the internet's social media, atheism, the failure of modern education, political correctness or feminism, but I suspect you were motivated to start this thread by reading the one at Ratzkep I linked to earlier, where none of these factors got a mention. It featured instead two posters who are racist or xenophobic to the core.
I said that there can be more to a person's desire to protect their culture than racism, and that arguing they've essentially overvalued a trivial accident of birth is batshit.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:23 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 am
Hermit wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 am
Sean Hayden wrote:

I said that there can be more to a person's desire to protect their culture than racism, and that arguing they've essentially overvalued a trivial accident of birth is batshit.
Not in the opening post - you know, the one I have issues with - you didn't. Without the word "can" which you are trying to slip in now, it was categorical, along the lines of it is batshit to accuse a person who says they're worried their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture of being racist, xenophobic, and nationalist. You were that categorical. Not a single word making your rant conditional in any way. Not even a tiny one like "can".

And rewording "the great replacement" as "their culture is dying out under the influence of another culture" does not hide your unnamed someone's racism, xenophobia and/or nationalism.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:35 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 pm
Your take on this post and post #66 of the thread titled "Mass immigration is a disaster"? at Ratzkep?
Well the first is a post by Svarty, who I've know for a long time over multiple webistes, and the second is a response to one of his posts. He and I don't agree on everything (he's fucking FRENCH, FFS), but he's a good man and I'm not going to dogpile him because it's the virtue signaling thing to do on some minor fucking website whose only claim to fame is they're a slightly less minor fucking website than this one. If you want to link RatSkep to this go ahead, I honestly don't give a shit.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.