Consent Kits and Contracts

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Consent Kits and Contracts

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm

https://consentshop.com/collections/aff ... -means-yes
The attachment thecontract_grande.jpg is no longer available
thecontract_grande.jpg
thecontract_grande.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

:hilarious:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Consent Kits and Contracts

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:32 pm

That's a waste of paper. There's got to be an app for it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm surprised it doesn't say "leave space between you for the Holy Spirit!"
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Prohibited actions. Check all that apply.

* Anal sex
* Ass Play
* Fellatio
* Cunnilingus
* Bondage (Exceptions:_________________________)
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Conny Lingus? Sweet girl.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:05 pm

This from the Daily Mail (though it does have it right - lots of other sources - though it doesn't say the Uni apologised and withdrew the requirment):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tract.html

What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

Konstantin Kisin was sent 'behavioural agreement form' from SOAS union

Asked to sign form stopping him telling jokes that weren't 'respectful and kind'

Student leaders said ban was necessary to preserve the event as a 'safe space'

By ELEANOR HARDING FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:03, 11 December 2018 | UPDATED: 09:36, 12 December 2018

A comedian has pulled out of a student charity event after being asked to sign a contract banning him from being offensive about almost anything.

Konstantin Kisin was sent a 'behavioural agreement form' which stopped him telling jokes which were not 'respectful and kind'.

The form stated: 'By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no-tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.'

Comedian Konstantin Kisin has pulled out of a student charity event organised by Unicef On Campus society at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) +3

Student leaders said the ban was necessary to preserve the event as a 'safe space' and a place for 'joy, love, and acceptance'.

But Mr Kisin, 35, who was born in the Soviet Union, said the demand amounted to a 'threat to freedom of speech' and pulled out.

The fundraising event, scheduled for January 23, is organised by the Unicef On Campus society at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), part of the University of London.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:01 pm
Conny Lingus? Sweet girl.
Ah yes - her name was on the tip of my tongue...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:05 pm
This from the Daily Mail (though it does have it right - lots of other sources - though it doesn't say the Uni apologised and withdrew the requirment):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tract.html

What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

Konstantin Kisin was sent 'behavioural agreement form' from SOAS union

Asked to sign form stopping him telling jokes that weren't 'respectful and kind'

Student leaders said ban was necessary to preserve the event as a 'safe space'

By ELEANOR HARDING FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:03, 11 December 2018 | UPDATED: 09:36, 12 December 2018

A comedian has pulled out of a student charity event after being asked to sign a contract banning him from being offensive about almost anything.

Konstantin Kisin was sent a 'behavioural agreement form' which stopped him telling jokes which were not 'respectful and kind'.

The form stated: 'By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no-tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.'

Comedian Konstantin Kisin has pulled out of a student charity event organised by Unicef On Campus society at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) +3

Student leaders said the ban was necessary to preserve the event as a 'safe space' and a place for 'joy, love, and acceptance'.

But Mr Kisin, 35, who was born in the Soviet Union, said the demand amounted to a 'threat to freedom of speech' and pulled out.

The fundraising event, scheduled for January 23, is organised by the Unicef On Campus society at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), part of the University of London.

LOL - "behavioral agreement form..."

Man, whatever generation was giving birth to kids from 1995 to 2000 succeeded where no generation did before. They spawned a generation more uptight and conservative than themselves..... They gave birth to their own parents.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Worst. Generation. Ever. :zig:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Don't blame the kids - blame their parents. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Blame the universities I say. They were always a hothouse of the latest cool radical shit. We harboured a ‘fugitive’ from the ‘pigs’ during the French student ‘revolution’ in my halls of residence when I was 20. We thought we were the shits and about to overthrow the ‘establishment’. No dafter really.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Yeah, all those shining, optimistic little faces, convinced they're changing the WORLD, man! Then they join CorpWorld, buy a BMW on credit, fill out annual performance self-appraisals, start contributing to their 401K retirement plans, and end up voting Republican.

It has ever been thus, my son.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:24 pm

laklak wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:03 pm
Yeah, all those shining, optimistic little faces, convinced they're changing the WORLD, man! Then they join CorpWorld, buy a BMW on credit, fill out annual performance self-appraisals, start contributing to their 401K retirement plans, and end up voting Republican.

It has ever been thus, my son.
Really? I vote Labour (think far to the left of Bernie), worked in a system I hoped would help the less advantaged, always without exception felt I was trying to be ethical and true to my ideals, while at the same time collapsing into middle age then old age, cynicism, fatalism and ultimately despair.

A full and rounded life. :shifty:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm

thecontract_grande.jpgIMG_4952_1024x1024.JPG

What about threesomes?! :lay:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm

thecontract_grande.jpgIMG_4952_1024x1024.JPG

What about threesomes?! :lay:
Well, for Abe, Beth and Charlene, there would clearly need to be 4 consent forms, one each for the following combinations:

AB
AC
CB
ABC
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!