Even more problematic stuff

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Even more problematic stuff

Post by Animavore » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Sapolsky is who I listen to while others others tune into Jordan Peterson and believe they're learning something.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Brian, did you know Sapolsky has a whole lecture series on YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9 ... 949691B199
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm
Plenty of rooms full of plenty of people laugh uproariously at plenty of jokes directed at whites, straights and males. Oh, but, right, the qualifier is important there "marginalized." White people CAN'T feel "unsafe" by such things because they aren't marginalized, therefore, no matter what happens to white people, they can't feel unsafe.

LOL it's a perfect circle of logic which starts by assuming its conclusion (minorities are "marginalized" and white people aren't), and then using that assumed conclusion as the premise for its entire argument.

Fuck off with this crap. Suddenly, white, straight, men have never had to do anything, work at anything, pay for anything, endure a hardship, face a danger, tolerate an insult, etc. It's only "marginalized" groups, which it turns out is every single person in the world except White Straight Men. The stupid burns brighter than the sun. Everyone knows the SJW claptrap is pure, unadulterated, weapons-grade bullshit. Hopefully, sane people will stop being hesitant to say so publicly.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am
Why, yes, the snowflakes are banging down the doors of Proctor & Gamble, demanding the immediate resignation of the board of directors and the CEO and other officers of the company, and calling for their arrest for hate speech crimes. All the people suggesting that the corporate representatives responsible for such sexist misandry should be "punched" because of their "hate speech" are all over the place, right?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 pm
Animavore wrote:
Plenty of rooms full of plenty of people laugh uproariously at plenty of jokes directed at whites, straights and males. Oh, but, right, the qualifier is important there "marginalized." White people CAN'T feel "unsafe" by such things because they aren't marginalized, therefore, no matter what happens to white people, they can't feel unsafe.

LOL it's a perfect circle of logic which starts by assuming its conclusion (minorities are "marginalized" and white people aren't), and then using that assumed conclusion as the premise for its entire argument.

Fuck off with this crap. Suddenly, white, straight, men have never had to do anything, work at anything, pay for anything, endure a hardship, face a danger, tolerate an insult, etc. It's only "marginalized" groups, which it turns out is every single person in the world except White Straight Men. The stupid burns brighter than the sun. Everyone knows the SJW claptrap is pure, unadulterated, weapons-grade bullshit. Hopefully, sane people will stop being hesitant to say so publicly.
Are you capable of anything other than straw men and tu quoque? No one's ever said that white men have never had to endure hardship. But anyone with at least two functioning brain cells should understand some groups have it tougher than others. It's generally harder to be black than white in America. It's generally harder to be gay than straight. And so on.

Why does this even require explanation? You can't possibly be this fucking clueless.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm
If it wasn't for Rogan I might never have come across the work of Dr Robert Sopolsky, and my life would have been the poorer for it.
Whoever he is, Episode 965 will be tonights run accompanyment.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Are you capable of anything other than straw men and tu quoque? No one's ever said that white men have never had to endure hardship. But anyone with at least two functioning brain cells should understand some groups have it tougher than others. It's generally harder to be black than white in America. It's generally harder to be gay than straight. And so on.

Why does this even require explanation? You can't possibly be this fucking clueless.
You don't know what tu quoque is. LOL. Pssst... I didn't make a tu quoque argument.

I explained that for this dolt to say that white people have never been in a crowd and heard a "joke" etc. directed at a "marginalized" class is circular. Of course, in this dipshit's mind, white people never had jokes about a marginalized class leveled at them - because he starts with the proposition that white people are never marginalized, and therefore they can, no matter how nasty the joke or how much they may have been, say, in a crowd of black people and been targeted - they are never part of a marginalized group.

Say X to a black person, it's an attack on a marginalized group, and they feel unsafe.
Say same X to a white person, and it's automatically not because white people are not marginalized, they can't feel unsafe.

That's exactly what this douche is saying, and it's the mantra of the SJW left. White man = oppressor. Therefore, nobody can be racist or sexist against a white man. This guy says white men cannot even feel unsafe in a practical, real world sense. We're just not members of marginalized groups, he says.

Fuck off with that crap.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 am
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:

You don't know what tu quoque is. LOL. Pssst... I didn't make a tu quoque argument.

I explained that for this dolt to say that white people have never been in a crowd and heard a "joke" etc. directed at a "marginalized" class is circular. Of course, in this dipshit's mind, white people never had jokes about a marginalized class leveled at them - because he starts with the proposition that white people are never marginalized, and therefore they can, no matter how nasty the joke or how much they may have been, say, in a crowd of black people and been targeted - they are never part of a marginalized group.

Say X to a black person, it's an attack on a marginalized group, and they feel unsafe.
Say same X to a white person, and it's automatically not because white people are not marginalized, they can't feel unsafe.

That's exactly what this douche is saying, and it's the mantra of the SJW left. White man = oppressor. Therefore, nobody can be racist or sexist against a white man. This guy says white men cannot even feel unsafe in a practical, real world sense. We're just not members of marginalized groups, he says.

Fuck off with that crap.
Psst. I didn't call the specific post in question a tu quoque. The sentence: "No one's ever said that white men have never had to endure hardship." should indicate that I was suggesting your argument was a strawman.

When I ask: "Are you capable of anything other than straw men and tu quoque?", I'm talking about your output in general.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Fuck off with that crap.
Psst. I didn't call the specific post in question a tu quoque. The sentence: "No one's ever said that white men have never had to endure hardship." should indicate that I was suggesting your argument was a strawman.

When I ask: "Are you capable of anything other than straw men and tu quoque?", I'm talking about your output in general.
Tell me, is there a finding these investigations would arrive at, which would have you say 'wow, I was wrong about Trump!'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 am

Forty Two wrote:

How is this hard to understand?
That's exactly what this douche is saying, and it's the mantra of the SJW left. White man = oppressor. Therefore, nobody can be racist or sexist against a white man. This guy says white men cannot even feel unsafe in a practical, real world sense.
He absolutely isn't saying that. What he's saying is that white people generally don't have the experience of being marginalised. He's not saying white people can't feel unsafe in general.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:27 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 am
Forty Two wrote:

That's exactly what this douche is saying, and it's the mantra of the SJW left. White man = oppressor. Therefore, nobody can be racist or sexist against a white man. This guy says white men cannot even feel unsafe in a practical, real world sense.
He absolutely isn't saying that. What he's saying is that white people generally don't have the experience of being marginalised. He's not saying white people can't feel unsafe in general.
The problem for me, is putting group identity ahead of individual identity.

I've known several kinds of downtrodden. You probably have, too.

When some racist says that black people are marginalized, they should immediately be asked - which black people?

Next they should be forced to answer, who marginalized them?

Instead of blaming racial groups for awful things, I mean.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:29 am

As has been mentioned before, identity politics is in answer to identity politics from straight white males. Telling a joke about a marginalised group IS identity politics.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Fuck off with that crap.

Tell me, is there a finding these investigations would arrive at, which would have you say 'wow, I was wrong about Trump!'?
Yes. If he turns out to be a traitor, then I'll know he's even worse than I thought.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:32 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Fuck off with that crap.

Yes. If he turns out to be a traitor, then I'll know he's even worse than I thought.
Oh? What does your conspiracy theory say he is guilty of?

Aside from that ludicrous hairpiece, I mean.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 am
Forty Two wrote:

No no. He's saying that white people generally don't feel unsafe because they aren't in groups where jokes are told about a marginalized group to which they belong. And, conveniently, white males are not a marginalized group. Ergo, they can not be "practically" unsafe.

His argument is an offshoot of the "all white people are racist, and minorities cannot be racist against white people" line of argument. It's absurd, and asinine.