Burglars are people too?

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Burglars are people too?

Post by cronus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 am

Should you have the right to kill a burglar?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Burglars are people too?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:38 am

Taxation is theft!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 am

well, as a former tax clerk I certainly don't approve of killing taxmen... but then again, people who intrude into your home should be fair game
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm

I think you should have the right to challenge them to a dance-off.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Down here we call them "targets".
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 pm

They're not burglars, they self-identify as owners of your property.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

If property is theft then burglary is theft of theft, which is like a double negative, so it's really giving you stuff.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:37 pm

The negatives cancel each other out.

In reality they are just homesteading your property.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:41 pm

You cant touch them here. The police advice is to try and get out of the house and call them.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Indeed, I'd climb out the window and let my four year old figure it out for herself. The cops will get there soon enough. Anything else is uncivilized.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Burglars are people too?
-yes
Should you have the right to kill a burglar?
I wouldn't put it like that. :tea:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:41 pm

You can't just go killing any old burglar in England!. A 78 year old guy who stabbed and killed a burglar (I suspect this is what prompted Crumple's post) is being charged with murder. He is out on bail so it does not appear that he presents a risk to the public!

There will of course be a public outcry if he is actually taken to court and found guilty..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43648896

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Very poorly written article. Sometimes I wonder if these kinds of articles are purposefully poorly written. But the facts are weirdly stated.

What I glean after reading through it three times is that there is an elderly homeowner who lives in a place called Hither Green. The homeowner the article says is "named locally" Richard Osborn-Brooks. Is that a British term? "Named locally?" Do you have non-local names?

The article has a picture of Mr. Osborn-Brooks, and the one they chose is him sitting at some sort of sporting event or something two-fisting some sort of dark beer. Odd choice of photos for an article about violent burglary.

The beer loving Osborn-Brooks, the article says, apparently found two intruders in "South Park Crescent, Hither Green, south London." Odd. Is that the name of a house? What does that mean? Is it an area of south London or is a building?

A man armed with a screwdriver forced the homeowner into his kitchen where there was a struggle and the suspect was stabbed, the Met said. So, did the homeowner find the intruders in the house? Or were they outside the house and then used the screwdriver to force the homeowner into the house?

The article says jewelry and valuables were stolen, and the dead intruder was found outside the house, apparently tried to flee but his cohort left him behind to die.

Odd. Some facts seem to be missing here.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:Very poorly written article. Sometimes I wonder if these kinds of articles are purposefully poorly written. But the facts are weirdly stated.

What I glean after reading through it three times is that there is an elderly homeowner who lives in a place called Hither Green. The homeowner the article says is "named locally" Richard Osborn-Brooks. Is that a British term? "Named locally?" Do you have non-local names?

The article has a picture of Mr. Osborn-Brooks, and the one they chose is him sitting at some sort of sporting event or something two-fisting some sort of dark beer. Odd choice of photos for an article about violent burglary.

The beer loving Osborn-Brooks, the article says, apparently found two intruders in "South Park Crescent, Hither Green, south London." Odd. Is that the name of a house? What does that mean? Is it an area of south London or is a building?

A man armed with a screwdriver forced the homeowner into his kitchen where there was a struggle and the suspect was stabbed, the Met said. So, did the homeowner find the intruders in the house? Or were they outside the house and then used the screwdriver to force the homeowner into the house?

The article says jewelry and valuables were stolen, and the dead intruder was found outside the house, apparently tried to flee but his cohort left him behind to die.

Odd. Some facts seem to be missing here.
I find you finding the article odd pretty odd. 'Named locally' means by local people. I think you are being deliberately obtuse. You've spent too much time arguing with pErv!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 am

But, “named locally” - doesn’t he just have a name? Or is it a caveat here that the local people may be referring to him by something other than his real name? It’s weird. Is it a British thing? Or is it particular to this article?

Also, why does the article suck at telling the story? It’s like it’s purposefully vague. And what’s with the picture? Why do they have this guy double fishing Guiness?

Just seems ..... out of place and disjointed.

But the guy is hardcore. Two burglars in his house, and he stabs one of them and scares the other guy off, dragging his pal down the street with him only to leave him for dead on the street. I mean, that makes pulling out your .38 and putting one in the guy’s leg look wimpy.