Women on top

Joe

Re: Women on top

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Cunt wrote:Maybe it's the Patriarchy hiding their dominance. And as to the Olympic events remaining dominated by men, that's just part of the conspiracy to hide the superiority of women in endurance swimming.

From your 'study', the one who was obsessively studying is quoted as saying:
In just one of those events — open-water, ultra-distance swimming — women were “able to achieve a similar or better performance compared to men,” he said.
Also from the same article:
Steven Munatones, considered one of the foremost experts on open-water swimming. A few years ago — purely to satisfy his own curiosity — Munatones analyzed the finishing times of men and women who participated in the biggest ultra-distance swims around the world. He did this for three years, keeping track of “12 or 13” races — he can’t remember exactly. He never intended to publish these results anywhere; again, this was for his own curiosity, as a coach and as an open-water swimming fan. Here’s what he found. “If you’re looking at the average times — the average woman is faster than the average man,” said Munatones
I'll read you the whole article, if you couldn't be bothered...but it says clearly...
In contrast to Knechtle’s studies of the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim and the Catalina Channel Swim, Munatones’s data suggest that the fastest women are still slower than the fastest men. He suspects Knechtle and his colleagues arrived at their conclusion because the events they studied are relatively small, and don’t attract the caliber of athletes that, say, the English Channel does. (“You’re talking Olympians, fast pool swimmers, everybody,” Munatones said. “That’s where everybody goes.”) Several times over the past century, for example, a young woman or teenage girl has held the record for fastest English Channel swim. In 1926, 20-year-old Gertrude Erdele — the first woman to cross the Channel — beat the then-record by two hours; open-water champion swimmer Lynne Cox has held the record two separate times, when she was 15 and 16. But, mostly, men have been the fastest to cross the Channel. Indeed, the current record-holder for fastest swim across the English Channel is Australian Trent Grimsey, at 6 hours and 55 minutes; the fastest recorded time for a woman is Yvetta Hlaváčová, at 7 hours and 25 minutes.
It looks like the lower-body bouyancy might be a factor, but even with this advantage, they don't seem to translate that into olympic gold. Just better average-joe level performance.

Think again about powerlifting - it is VERY clearly male-dominated. If distance swimming were similarly dominated by female participants, it wouldn't be this hard to find the evidence.
Well, that's better. At least you're looking at the data, albeit with a possible bit of prejudice. Munatone's speculation may be right, but there might also be something about the English Channel swim that favors elite male swimmers. My reading indicates that tides, weather, and shipping traffic are highly variable in the Channel, but having no experience with it, I can't say how much of an element chance plays in swimmer times.

Nonetheless, if the fastest women are faster in 2 of 3 swims studied, and the average woman is faster in all 3, I can see where people would say females dominate these events, based on the available data. It may not be the level of dominance men enjoy in power lifting, but neither can it be dismissed out of hand.

I think you got a sufficient answer to your original question.
Cunt wrote:I'm trying to think of clearly measurable traits here, by the way. Real, measurable and tangible things.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 am

Forty Two wrote: If I were tone policing, I'd be saying that your discussion of the topic at hand was not done with the proper niceties and in the right tone of voice. I'm not doing that.
God you are a piece of work. Even when presented with the evidence, and then defining what tone policing is, you still fucking lie about doing it. FROM THE FIRST FUCKING LINK that you referred to above:
The ones not debating or discussing this controversial topic civilly are persons other than Cunt.
You are highlighting people for not being civil. THAT is tone policing. :fp: Stop fucking lying for once in your miserable life.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:42 am

Now I'm truly done with your derail. I fully expect you to equivocate your little heart out explaining how your clear tone policing isn't tone policing, but I'm over you. There really is something very wrong with you. :?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 am

Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:The fucking topic? What was that again? :bored:

I'm not sure why you are posting the half-naked, tattooed lady, but thanks. She's pretty hot for a teen/tween.
WTF?! She's about 40! :lol:
Of course, you are probably doing this to show that one woman CAN overcome the odds, and beat guys. Trouble is, that's not the subject.

I was looking for a field where they dominate, not where one occasionally does almost as well as the leading males.

I guess this must be your fan base, pErvinalia. You should be proud to have attracted anyone, considering your contribution.

Still no examples, but LOTS of people irritated by their inability to understand the difference between a single example, and a field dominated.
Can't you understand that most people aren't playing your game? Multiple people have asked WHY you want this evidence, and you continually refuse to answer this properly. Tell us why this matters to you and we might make more effort in taking you seriously.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 am

Cunt wrote: Hilarious how firmly you all oppose without any evidence.
Oppose what? :think: You are arguing against your own strawman, based on your simplistic expectation that people are either normal right wing folk, or are SJWs.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 am

Svartalf wrote:
Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:You really are a phenomenon. You've demonstrably tone policed (I listed the examples nicely) and you still have the audacity to claim that you didn't. I'm finished with your derail. Go and be dishonest with someone else.
Notice all the people cheering you on for your efforts?

By the way, great job posting with spelling AND punctuation included. A real big win for you!
well, I do cheeer, I just don't post :cheer:
:D. :td:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 am

JimC wrote:
Cunt wrote:

I was looking for a field where they dominate, not where one occasionally does almost as well as the leading males.
Again, why are you looking?

(and you say you are looking - well great, carry on, no need to demand that the rest of us do to...)

As to the reason, this is how I think your twisted internal argument goes:

"I'm pissed of with feminism, uppity women thinking that they're as good as men. I know, I'll try to show that women are naturally inferior to men, but I'll do it in a sneaky way, by demanding that other posters demonstrate clearly fields where women out-compete men, and when they can't, I've won! :yes: "
:this:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 am

Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Again, why are you looking?

(and you say you are looking - well great, carry on, no need to demand that the rest of us do to...)

As to the reason, this is how I think your twisted internal argument goes:
Why imagine so hard about what I must be thinking?

You could ask, if what you wanted was my opinion.
Fuck off, troll. At least 4 of us have asked you multiple times. Why won't you answer?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:05 am

pErvinalia wrote:Multiple people have asked WHY you want this evidence, and you continually refuse to answer this properly.
Actually he has. At least twice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:08 am

No he hasn't. I don't know what the second answer is supposed to be, but the first example of an "answer" as highlighted by 42 was stupid. It made no sense, so it can't be a coherent answer. It would be like claiming the following is an answer:
Q. What is your favourite colour?
A. I'm afraid of toasters.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 am

pErvinalia wrote:No he hasn't.
I quoted his answers here. He makes it crystal clear why he wants evidence of a sport where women perform better than men. Not my problem if you don't comprehend.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:23 am

That doesn't say why he cares. That's just telling us what he thinks flows on from a conclusion that men are better performers in sport. How's your comprehension?

devogue

Post by devogue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 am

pErvinalia wrote:That doesn't say why he cares
Because it's interesting? :dunno:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:29 am

So why can't he just say that?

edit: and do you really believe that, given his ordinary opinions on women (and anyone different from him in general - particularly fat people)?

devogue

Post by devogue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:39 am

pErvinalia wrote:So why can't he just say that?

edit: and do you really believe that, given his ordinary opinions on women (and anyone different from him in general - particularly fat people)?
Yes, I do believe it, and I say that as a fat fuck who has followed former fat fuck Cunt's input here for many years. I like his challenges to orthodoxy, his dogged questioning of things we often just accept as given. It's refreshing, sometimes upsetting, often infuriating, but sometimes kernels of truth pop up.