Black Presidents, Female Prime Ministers

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Black Presidents, Female Prime Ministers

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 am

Serious question - How do you explain these things in societies that are argued to be still racist and or mysogynistic?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Black Presidents, Female Prime Ministers

Post by cronus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:29 am

pErvinalia wrote:Serious question - How do you explain these things in societies that are argued to be still racist and or mysogynistic?
The sort of people who have retarded values are less likely to vote?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:38 am

The racist element are not very politically active. They take few leading roles and stay mostly out of public office. They are happy to vote for center Republicans, as long as they represent them in some manner. Old fart white guys. The fact that Obama got voted got them all active. You can read all their rantings here.
http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/*/index
So they actually came out in great number to vote against Hillary who represented Obama legacy.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 am

Voting a politician is a very conscious activity. Most of racism and sexism is based on subconscious activity or based on social processes.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:09 am

I think there is less overt racism and sexism than there was a few decades ago, however people are not only more aware of it these days but also more sensitive about it - so generally speaking it is in peoples's consciousness rather more these days.

Out and out racism tends to be vilified these days. I think the alt-right is a sneaky way of making excuses for racism under the heading of 'PC is liberal hogwash'.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 am

Rum wrote:I think there is less overt racism and sexism than there was a few decades ago, however people are not only more aware of it these days but also more sensitive about it - so generally speaking it is in peoples's consciousness rather more these days.

Out and out racism tends to be vilified these days. I think the alt-right is a sneaky way of making excuses for racism under the heading of 'PC is liberal hogwash'.
Political correctness makes it hard to speak about anything, good or bad, directly anymore. Trump bucked the trend, might be the start of a retrenchment? Consciousness has not raised much around these parts...myth of progress on the other hand. Far from parity with female or black leaders...

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:26 am

cronus wrote:
Rum wrote:I think there is less overt racism and sexism than there was a few decades ago, however people are not only more aware of it these days but also more sensitive about it - so generally speaking it is in peoples's consciousness rather more these days.

Political correctness makes it hard to speak about anything, good or bad, directly anymore. Trump bucked the trend, might be the start of a retrenchment? Consciousness has not raised much around these parts...myth of progress on the other hand. Far from parity with female or black leaders...
What?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 am

:hehe:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am

NineBerry wrote:Voting a politician is a very conscious activity. Most of racism and sexism is based on subconscious activity or based on social processes.
I like this explanation.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 am

Rum wrote:
cronus wrote:

What?
Does anyone here hang out at ratskep? There's a member there who's name I'm temporarily drawing a blank on at the moment, who posts largely incomprehensible pseudo-intellectual wibble. If you've spent any significant time there you'll know who I'm talking about. Man it would be funny to watch him and Crumple have a conversation with each other. I think Crump should create an account there and go for it! :lol:

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Rum wrote:
cronus wrote:

What?
Does anyone here hang out at ratskep? There's a member there who's name I'm temporarily drawing a blank on at the moment, who posts largely incomprehensible pseudo-intellectual wibble. If you've spent any significant time there you'll know who I'm talking about. Man it would be funny to watch him and Crumple have a conversation with each other. I think Crump should create an account there and go for it! :lol:
Actually the memes come down from the alpha male and Trump is exactly that....you'll get the idea. Doesn't surprise me I have a double here and there.

http://prometheussociety.org/wp/articles/the-outsiders/

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 am

pErvinalia wrote:Serious question - How do you explain these things in societies that are argued to be still racist and or mysogynistic?
Not everyone is racist and or mysogynistic.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 am

pErvinalia wrote:Does anyone here hang out at ratskep? There's a member there who's name I'm temporarily drawing a blank on at the moment, who posts largely incomprehensible pseudo-intellectual wibble.
Mr Samsa?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:48 am

They become honorary same-race/males. I've seen that process repeatedly at work.

Two truck drivers, for example:

Norman was an Indian-Malaysian with accent and skin tone to match. He did his job as well as (actually better than) the average of his colleagues, so he was "just like us", that is not an Indian-Malaysian. The unconscious underlying reasoning was that Indian-Malaysians are so inferior. None could possibly do what Norm did, so he was not really an Indian-Malaysian bloke.

Jan was a woman with tits and lips to match. She did what the average of us male truck drivers did with equal, if not better competence. Jan became a non-woman via the same thought process described above.

The above rationalisations enabled the racists and sexists that made up the majority of the around thirty drivers in the Sydney depot to remain as racist and sexist as before. It took care of the worrying possibility that if one non-Caucasian and one non-male could be as good - or better than - Caucasian males, maybe all of them could. Thin end of the wedge avoided. So I kept hearing comments over the two-way radio about this "slant-eye" and that "woman driver" for as long as I subcontracted for that particular express freight transport company.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Not everyone is racist and or mysogynistic.
Yet they support a racist and mysogynistic society.