On the Merits of a Temporary Moratorium on White Male Voting

Should White Men Be Temporarily Denied the Right to Vote?

Yes.
20%
No.
20%
Maybe.
20%
Bacon.
40%

Total votes: 5

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

On the Merits of a Temporary Moratorium on White Male Voting

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm

https://www.amren.com/news/2017/04/time ... franchise/
Shelley Garland, Huffington Post, April 13, 2017

Some of the biggest blows to the progressive cause in the past year have often been due to the votes of white men. If white men were not allowed to vote, it is unlikely that the United Kingdom would be leaving the European Union, it is unlikely that Donald Trump would now be the President of the United States, and it is unlikely that the Democratic Alliance would now be governing four of South Africa’s biggest cities.

If white men no longer had the vote, the progressive cause would be strengthened. It would not be necessary to deny white men indefinitely – the denial of the vote to white men for 20 years (just less than a generation) would go some way to seeing a decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology in the world. The influence of reckless white males were one of the primary reasons that led to the Great Recession which began in 2008. This would also strike a blow against toxic white masculinity, one that is long needed.

At the same time, a denial of the franchise to white men, could see a redistribution of global assets to their rightful owners. After all, white men have used the imposition of Western legal systems around the world to reinforce modern capitalism. A period of twenty years without white men in the world’s parliaments and voting booths will allow legislation to be passed which could see the world’s wealth far more equitably shared. The violence of white male wealth and income inequality will be a thing of the past.

This redistribution of the world’s wealth is long overdue.

{snip}

Over the past 500 years colonialism, slavery, and various aggressive wars and genocides, have been due to the actions of white men. Redistributing some of their assets will go some way to paying the historical debt that they owe society.

It is no surprise that liberalism – and its ideological offshoots of conservatism and libertarianism – are the most popular ideologies among white males. These ideologies with their focus on individuals and individual responsibility, rather than group affiliation, allow white men to ignore the debt that they owe society, and from acknowledging that most of their assets, wealth, and privilege are the result of theft and violence.

Some may argue that this is unfair. Let’s be clear, it may be unfair, but a moratorium on the franchise for white males for a period of between 20 and 30 years is a small price to pay for the pain inflicted by white males on others, particularly those with black, female-identifying bodies.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: On the Merits of a Temporary Moratorium on White Male Vo

Post by NineBerry » Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Text was written by a hoax.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 03, 2017 3:46 pm

This was already pointed out to him in another thread.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 pm

one man, one vote, white males are people too end entitled to vote too, period
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 03, 2017 3:51 pm

I only heard of this article for the first time today, and I know it's a hoax, because I read the retraction on HuffPo. It's linked in the bottom of the article, with Huffpo's reasons for taking it down.

What thread was this pointed out to me on, pErvin?

But, the question still stands, and what do ya'll think of the arguments made?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm

We can institute a law where people first have to show they are ready to vote by rhythmically shaking their asses.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Svartalf wrote:one man, one vote, white males are people too end entitled to vote too, period
If we live in a white male patriarchy, and/or if white males are institutionally and systemically privileged, is there no argument to be made that they should move aside and let non-white-males make the rules?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 pm

I think they suck.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Svartalf wrote:one man, one vote, white males are people too end entitled to vote too, period
If we live in a white male patriarchy, and/or if white males are institutionally and systemically privileged, is there no argument to be made that they should move aside and let non-white-males make the rules?
All hail the white male patriarchy, if you don't like it, go found your own country in Africa or in the Aussie desert...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Forty Two wrote:I only heard of this article for the first time today, and I know it's a hoax, because I read the retraction on HuffPo. It's linked in the bottom of the article, with Huffpo's reasons for taking it down.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1#p1704021

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 03, 2017 4:16 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:I only heard of this article for the first time today, and I know it's a hoax, because I read the retraction on HuffPo. It's linked in the bottom of the article, with Huffpo's reasons for taking it down.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1#p1704021
You'll note my only comment there is to laklak saying someone was stealing my shtick. I never read the article, and took zero notice of it. I thought it was funny when I ran across it today.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 03, 2017 4:22 pm

I really don't understand what is going wrong in your head. Your memory is worse than mine, and mine is shithouse.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1703925

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Odd - I literally have no recollection of that article. My bad.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 03, 2017 4:50 pm

It's happening to me more and more lately. It's either my ADs or I've got myself some form of degenerative brain disease.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Memory in the shithouse? Luxury. When I were lad we.....I mean....fuck, I forget.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.