Guvment Diet

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Guvment Diet

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:If we would all just work toward the ideal society where everything is regulated for our own safety, we could then live in a utopia where nobody leaves the house without an approved reason (after all, each time you go out on the road, you run a risk -- so, should people just be allowed to go for a drive whenever they want)? Of course, not. There should be state-approved reasons for going out. Alternatively, each time we go out, we should be sent a text message warning: "Leaving the House May Result in Death, Illness or Injury in X% of persons leaving houses daily." That way, people can make an informed decision.

And, if you do go out and want to go to a restaurant, the amount you order should be controlled. Utah has it right - they have state regulations on how much alcohol can be used to make an Old Fashioned. One shot of whiskey, and that's it. No doubles. Two drink maximum, since that's the most doctors will recommend in a day. And, portion size should be strictly controlled, so restaurants don't serve large meals - 500 calorie dinner, and each meal must have vegetables and fruit included. And, of course, drink sizes should be controlled - and six ounces of soft drink only. We shouldn't glorify eating like we do in this country, so restaurants should be olive drab, like a mess tent, and tables should not be set to be "elegant" or "fancy." Benches and green trays will do. That way, people will view food for what it is, energy for their bodies, and not some thing to be enjoyed - that will help limit excessive intake of foods and liquids.

Going to the 7-Eleven, all drinks should be in drab green or brown cans or bottles, and no competition for the best "Monster" drink with bright colors and snappy marketing. It's thirst quenching only, so each 6 ounce can should be simply labeled informatively. No more "Coca Cola" urging people to buy them because of a century of marketing ploys, no. A beige can that says "Carbonated Sucrose/fructose Drink" (and then clearly label the rest of the ingredients, next to the warning "This Drink Makes You Die a Horrible Death, Sometimes, Eventually."
The thick edge of that wedge is pretty thick.. :coffee:
Which part do you oppose? the plain olive and brown drink cans? The plain restaurant features? Or, the strict regulation of alcohol in an Old Fashioned? Or, the strict regulation of permissible number of drinks in a sitting? Which part of the wedge is too thick there and why?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 05, 2017 4:39 pm

I think there should be warning on Ozzie Fairy Bread and Golden Gaytimes. And, don't get me started on sausage sizzles and Solo.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri May 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Forty Two wrote:Is there a limit to what you would think is an appropriate package design regulation imposed by the government?
'Ken oath, mate. No government packaged Renee Zellweger ever. In fact, no packaging on her full stop is OK with me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri May 05, 2017 5:12 pm

laklak wrote:Is there honestly anyone on the planet who doesn't realize smoking is really fucking bad for you? Are they so fucking stupid they need to be reminded every time they open their ciggy pack?
Smokers realise it. I do. I'm pretty sure you do as well. But 12 and 14 year olds are still taken in by the proverbial Marlboro man, the allure of a particular brand in a particular colour in a hand of someone you wish to emulate, even if that someone turns out to be a fantasy on an advertisement board. Yep, that's how I started smoking, and I know there are plenty of others who got sucked in the same way.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

I started because it's what the cool kids did.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat May 06, 2017 8:48 am

Yep 11 years old. Started on menthol fags

and within two year filter Disque Bleu

Then:

I was really cool.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sat May 06, 2017 10:50 am

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Is there a limit to what you would think is an appropriate package design regulation imposed by the government?
'Ken oath, mate. No government packaged Renee Zellweger ever. In fact, no packaging on her full stop is OK with me.
Renee Zellweger is not Renee Zellweger anymore.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat May 06, 2017 10:59 am

Forty Two wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Svartalf wrote:fuck off, pork ought to be mandatory, period.
.... but packaged in military issue olive drab packaging.
:prof: Only if it is smoked.
...that's another thing...there is an entire industry around smoked meats....
Big Bacon.

We are being oppressed by the bacon companies!
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat May 06, 2017 11:17 am

Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Correction: 48 year old Renée Zellweger is no longer the 28 year old Renée Zellweger she was a couple of decades ago.

If you are lucky enough to survive for as long as it takes to descend to my level of mental and physical decrepitude you'll understand what I mean.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sat May 06, 2017 11:48 am

Who is Renée Zellweger? Heard the name.

Had to look her up in Wiki.

Oh, her!
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 06, 2017 3:55 pm

She's a plastic version of the person who did Bridgette Jones' Diary.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat May 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote: Image

I was really cool.
Gitanes were my dad's brand, he didn't die of lung cancer
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun May 07, 2017 11:12 am

I loved them. I was not addicted but the taste with strong black espresso coffee was a flight of fantasy to any street cafe in Paris.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 08, 2017 10:56 am

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Correction: 48 year old Renée Zellweger is no longer the 28 year old Renée Zellweger she was a couple of decades ago.

If you are lucky enough to survive for as long as it takes to descend to my level of mental and physical decrepitude you'll understand what I mean.
Well, what I meant was that after her plastic surgery, she no longer resembles her former self. She did an "Jennifer Grey." On paper she looks better, but for some reason in actuality she doesn't.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 am

rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Svartalf wrote:fuck off, pork ought to be mandatory, period.
.... but packaged in military issue olive drab packaging.
:prof: Only if it is smoked.
...that's another thing...there is an entire industry around smoked meats....
Big Bacon.

We are being oppressed by the bacon companies!
Bacon advertising should be stopped, and packaging should be plain, brown wrappers with images of cancerous colons on them.