Problematic Stuff

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by Seabass » Thu May 17, 2018 9:51 am

Gee, I wonder who this guy voted for...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Green card lottery is a lottery. The word lottery should suggest to anyone applying that it is almost unwinnable. It's a lottery. A gamble. There are only a limited number.

It's a dopey program that no civilized country has, except the US. The idea that people should migrate based on random selection is absurd. However, it's a very simple application process. And, if you win, you process your visa application at your US consulate abroad, like anyone else who gets a visa.

To imply some sort of onerousness about the process is just more propaganda from the open borders crowd.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 am

I know people who won it from South Africa. Came here and never looked back. Doing fine, too, even though they live in California. They're thinking of moving to Florida, though, because they can sell their house there and buy 4 properties here, rent them out and never work again. 'Course you gotta be tough to live in Florida, what with the face-eating zombies and hurricanes and zika and alligators in the pool and everybody carrying guns and shooting up the saloon every Friday night, but if you've got the bottle it's a great place.

Some folks don't like 'Murika. That's fine, everyone's entitled to an asshole and an opinion. I don't like the middle east, so I solve that problem by not going there. The same solution is available to those who dislike 'Murika.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm
It's a dopey program that no civilized country has, except the US.
The US isn't a civilised country. :prof:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 am

Civilization is highly overrated, in my estimation. Fuck civilization! Fuck yer laws! I got mine! Get off my lawn!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm

My god.... there is a free process, requiring an applicant to fill out name, address and nationality, wait for a drawing and receive a free result. But, since the odds are small, this is is just a monumental injustice. It's not like all those countries in the world who give higher percentages of permanent residence.

Interesingly, the guy from Ghana says that the "the quality of education in the United States is second to none." If only he knew the real story, of how bad it is in the US compared to everywhere else. The quality of education in the US is behind almost every first world country, so he'd be better off going to Europe. I'm sure European visa lotteries are far fairer and have much higher chances of being selected....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm

In Europe every lottery entrant is a winner.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

The big scandal is that the US requires people to have ID to get a visa. We all know that black people are less likely to have ID, so the entire system is racist.

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri May 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Just because they threw a few Molotovs at an embassy shouldn't prevent the from coming over here to learn to fly aircraft.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Not as problematic as whiny SJWs, obviously.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm

I think we have reached the limit here. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... nt/559760/

A professor in an elevator makes a joke when asked what floor... he said “ladies lingerie.”

Complaint lodged by gender studies professor. University demands unequivocal apology. Lol.

Ladies lingerie. Lol

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Not as problematic as whiny SJWs, obviously.

You are missing the point of the thread. The thread is not about whether violent crimes are problematic. The thread is about things that people say are problematic which aren’t. Ridiculous claims. Nobody disputes that murder is a huge problem.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 19, 2018 1:29 am

I thought the thread was part of a narrative from you that the SJWs are taking over the world and are bent on enslaving you.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 am

CALL CONGRESS’S “BLUE LIVES MATTER” BILLS WHAT THEY ARE: ANOTHER ATTACK ON BLACK LIVES
https://theintercept.com/2018/05/19/blu ... brutality/
ON WEDNESDAY, THE House of Representatives passed the Protect and Serve Act of 2018 by a vote of 382 to 35. The act — a congressional “Blue Lives Matter” bill — would make it a federal crime to assault a police officer. The Senate version of the bill, which also has broad bipartisan support, goes even further, framing an attack on an officer as a federal hate crime.

The bills exemplify the very worst sort of legislation: at once unnecessary and pernicious.

The Protect and Serve Act would allow anyone who knowingly causes serious bodily injury to a law enforcement officer to be imprisoned up to 10 years. And it creates even harsher penalties for other criminal acts against police: If a police officer were kidnapped, killed, or faced a threat on their life, then the perpetrator could get a much longer sentence, including potentially life in prison.

The nickname of the bill itself speaks volumes. Blue Lives Matter bills — which have been passed at the state level in Kentucky and Louisiana — are always superfluous from a criminal justice standpoint. In our justice system, “blue lives” are already considered to matter the most — which is why police appropriation of the call for black lives to matter is so sickening. But these bills being unnecessary does not make them pointless. The point is clear, especially with regards to the adoption of hate crime statute frameworks: to reinforce the myth of the police as vulnerable and embattled — the very grounds on which police officers consistently justify the use of lethal force against black life.

“Rather than focusing on policies that address issues of police excessive force, biased policing, and other police practices that have failed these communities, the Protect and Serve Act’s aim is to further criminalize,” wrote a group of civil and human rights groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union, Human Rights Watch, and the NAACP, in a statement to Congress opposing the measures.

A number of commentators have stressed the superfluousness of making police attacks a federal crime. There’s not a state in the country that doesn’t already treat assaulting or killing an officer with the heaviest of penalties. With the laws that are already on the books at the state level, it’s already a safe assumption today that any convicted cop killer will be sentenced to life without parole.

The police themselves recently made this point in the case of Black Panther Herman Bell. When Bell got parole after serving 44 years for killing two cops, New York’s powerful police union reacted with fury: “If Herman Bell was convicted today of the very same crime, he would have been sentenced to life in prison without parole, which was not an option in the 1970s,” a spokesperson from the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association told me earlier this year, in response to the parole decision. There’s no lack of punishment for crimes against police.

BOTH THE HOUSE and Senate bills are predicated on the notion that police are increasingly under threat. Policing does not even rank in the 10 most dangerous jobs, according to a 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics report. Fishers, farmers, and, above all, loggers are more likely to die on the job. And police are, according to the same statistics, more likely to kill themselves than be killed by a criminal. The Senate bill notes that, in 2016, “ambush killings of police officers hit a 10-year high, with 21 such deaths.” This narrative of growing danger, however, falls apart when one notes that just a year later, in 2017, the number dropped to eight officers killed.

The notion of police as victims is becoming entrenched in policy in other ways, too. The same ideological commitment to police-as-persecuted underpins FBI efforts to frame Black Lives Matter activists as potential “black identity extremists” — a designation, conjured from thin air, that claims anti-racist activism is breeding a terroristic targeting of cops. The FBI’s tactics against Black Lives Matter activists has veered on occasion into physical surveillance.

By explicitly modeling their bill on existing hate crimes statutes, the Senate has denigrated the very notion of persecution. Treating cops as a persecuted minority equates a uniform — which you can take off — with skin color, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. And as the Blue Lives Matter bills’ sobriquet suggests, this legislation is a direct a response to anger over the actual — if not quite legally defined — hate crimes against black people, perpetrated by those in blue. The police uniform is accorded unique authority, impunity, and power. Black skin is marked with the opposite. With this act, a vast majority of Washington lawmakers have affirmed a willingness to hold black life in America in even lower standing.