"If you dislike feminism ... "

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "If you dislike feminism ... "

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 am

The future could be a Matrix dystopia, where instead of machines farming humans, the womenz farm us men. :o
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 am

rEvolutionist wrote:The future could be a Matrix dystopia, where instead of machines farming humans, the womenz farm us men. :o
A twist on the handmaid's tale ...
no fences

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:37 am

RiverF wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:The future could be a Matrix dystopia, where instead of machines farming humans, the womenz farm us men. :o
A twist on the handmaid's tale ...
Now there's a screenplay if ever I've heard one.

Something tells me it's already been done, but probably low-budget.

Might be to "misogynistic" for Hollywood to portray women as evil lesbian, man-hating and enslaving cunts though.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

MiM
Man In The Middle

Post by MiM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:04 am

Cormac wrote:
MiM wrote:
Cormac wrote:
MiM wrote:
Cormac wrote: Apelust and their fellow travellers declared that every member of this forum is a rape promoter.

They declared everyone who isn't part of their idiotic movement to be a misogynist.

They have called for campaigns to destroy the lives and careers of completely innocent people.

They are dwell unpleasant people and they are diametrically opposed to the principles of humanism.

Ideally, their forum would just wither and die.

And I, for one, will never grace them with the word "atheist".
"Men are rapsists"

That comment is just as intelligent and generalizing as the ones you just made. :bored:
Well, everything I've said here refers to things I have perceived someone over there saying
.:fix:

You've clearly not been paying attention. They have literally said and done these things. No need for me to imagine it.

We have long detailed threads here where the key bits are picked out. Knock yourself out.

Otherwise, specify which statement/s of mine you reckon are factually incorrect or misinterpreted.
To start with some of your statements aren't even semintically framed as "something they have said or done", so your claim is nonsensical, but that's not important here.

What I reacted to was the generalisation. Who exactly are "they" "Apelust and their fellow travellers"? who's that? Everyone who has a login at A+?

Sure, there has been a lot of shit throwing over there, but to be honest a whole lot of manure has been flying in the other direction from this side too. I don't want to be associated with that manure, just by being a member of this forum, and to be fair I don't think members of that other forum needs such association either.

And namecalling is just so stupidly juvenile.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:10 am

MiM wrote:

To start with some of your statements aren't even semintically framed as "something they have said or done", so your claim is nonsensical, but that's not important here.

What I reacted to was the generalisation. Who exactly are "they" "Apelust and their fellow travellers"? who's that? Everyone who has a login at A+?

Sure, there has been a lot of shit throwing over there, but to be honest a whole lot of manure has been flying in the other direction from this side too. I don't want to be associated with that manure, just by being a member of this forum, and to be fair I don't think members of that other forum needs such association either.

And namecalling is just so stupidly juvenile.

They started it.

:hehe:
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

MiM
Man In The Middle

Post by MiM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 am

.:biggrin:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman

fishie

Re: Re:

Post by fishie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:49 am

fishie wrote:
Hermit wrote:
fishie wrote:
Hermit wrote:
fishie wrote:Please, what's feminism proper? And how does it work?
Feminism proper is about seeking opportunities for women that are equal to those of men. Giving them access to the polling booth and to tertiary education are two examples of how feminism has worked in the not so recent past. Equal pay for equal work is another. Fortunately it is no longer deemed necessary to throw oneself underneath a horse to make it work. Networking and lobbying will suffice nowadays.
So how does proper feminism combat social issues?
Networking and lobbying will suffice nowadays.
So who do we network to change social attitudes towards something like say rape and victim blaming? And how would one go about it?
Um, rape is a crime in every civilized country on earth (which of course lets out all Muslim countries) and has been for a very long time. As for "blaming the victim" there are two categories of rape to be considered; stranger rape, which is an attack by an unknown person with violence, and then there's "date rape" which is a much less black and white and much more controversial subject because, believe it or not, women actually do, from time to time, make false reports of "date rape" which ruin a man's life that in point of fact they ARE responsible for. Sometimes they do it deliberately by waiting until the climactic moment and then saying "No" right before the guy orgasms and then crying rape later.

Sometimes they acquiesce to sexual activity by actions and don't say anything and then claim "rape" later because they regret the intercourse or were "too scared" to say "No."

Then again sometimes men roofie them and clearly rape them while they are unable to protest.

Then again sometimes the girl gets completely blitzed of her own volition and choice, then gives approval for sex, then forgets she did so when she sobers up and cries rape.

Each situation is different and the moral and ethical considerations are likewise different.

Women who say "No means no" have obviously never played the "hard-to-get" game where "no" actually means "ply me with liquor and romance a bit longer and try again."

If you're going to say no, then you have to mean it and there is, in my opinion, a moral and ethical duty to withdraw from the contact with the individual once the proposition for sex has been made and rejected. In other words, there's no such thing as a "conditional no" and women who say no with their mouths shouldn't continue to say yes with their bodies and expect anyone to believe they were "raped."

Speech alone is not enough, your body language must coincide with your protestations to be a valid objection.

You can't say "No...*slurp*...no...*slurp*....don't...*slurp*..." as you suck some guy's cock, or let him fuck you while you wrap your legs and arms around him and moan in pleasure and expect to be believed.

And fuck the feminists who don't think that happens. It happens all the time, particularly with teenage girls.

If you liked it, it wasn't rape.[/quote]
And you know all this because?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 am

RiverF wrote:
Robert_S wrote:Be careless criticizing people whose goals you largely support and you can fuck up and find yourself looking like your own enemy. That's not just a feminist or A+ thing. That's life in general.
Ironically, that's one of my concerns about the alienating, divisive comments and assertions of the feminists I've been reading.
Excellent point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 am

RiverF wrote:Where to start with this crap ...
I actually do dislike feminism. But not for any of the reasons suggested. I also hate 'black movements' and 'gay rights' marches. Not because I'm in disagreement - But because they shouldn't even have to exist in the first place. And the only reason they do is because humans are fucking dickheads. I'm largely disappointed with my species and my misanthropy increases as I get old. So, too, (probably hopelessly) does my hope.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am

Yep, I get that, Ani.
no fences

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 am

Animavore wrote:And the only reason they do is because humans are fucking dickheads. I'm largely disappointed with my species and my misanthropy increases as I get old. So, too, (probably hopelessly) does my hope.
It's the nature of time and human perception.

We notice the dicks. 99 people are perfectly polite, one is a dick. Which are you going to remember? And as we live, the number of dicks we've met can only increase, even if the rate of general dickery we encounter decreases.

Yep. It's hopeless. :sigh:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:37 pm

The nature of time, yes. I think one has to also consider that our selfs and cultures seem to be wildly out of temporal sync. For example the recent celebrations of the birth of some genetic run off from one the thinner branches of the Tyrant/Monarchic family tree here. The whole thing was like some kind of medieval spectacle for the urban peasantry, many of whom responded to it with a sickening amount of squalid and tragic servility.

We live in a world where we have laptops and saints ffs, where we can theoretically repopulate the planet with extinct species and yet millions of us flock round a fucking black cube because of some words a magician wrote. We are still in the dark ages.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm

RiverF wrote:The kind of feminism I've been seeing online. The above was posted on Facebook, and is just one example of what I think are divisive, non-constructive assertions I've been seeing posted there. I've all but given up trying to explain my objections to their approach to the issues of equality. I feel baited by this latest one, actually so will not be drawn into it there. I guess this thread is a bit of a vent, but fark it'd be nice to read some less dogmatic responses for a change, hence posting it here.

fwiw, my immediate reaction to that one in the OP, for starters ...

1. Nope. People calling themselves feminists are portraying negativity and untruthfulness .. This OP is yet another example.

2. Nope. I am aware, have experienced and do understand.

3. Nope. And it's not just men who perpetuate gender roles. Women also do this ... and both perpetuate gender roles not only for females, but for males too.
What if one likes it fine, but disagrees with some things that some feminists do and/or say?

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:
What if one likes it fine, but disagrees with some things that some feminists do and/or say?
You're told what you think and why. The OP is an example.
no fences

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Re:

Post by Seth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am

fishie wrote: And you know all this because?
I have the capacity to think and use logic and reason to prevail over raw emotion, and do so.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.