Teenagers and contraception

CJ

Teenagers and contraception

Post by CJ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm

charlou
arseist

Re: Teenagers and contraception

Post by charlou » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 am

That's a very useful and pragmatic information video for people of all ages, not just the currently young. Some of the information would be news to older people too, particularly the important information that people reduce or eliminate the risk of condom failure by knowing how to use a condom properly. There's more to it than just rolling it on and getting stuck in ...
no fences

CJ

Post by CJ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 am

Charlou wrote:That's a very useful and pragmatic information video for people of all ages, not just the currently young. Some of the information would be news to older people too, particularly the important information that people reduce or eliminate the risk of condom failure by knowing how to use a condom properly. There's more to it than just rolling it on and getting stuck in ...
Exactly. This sort of information should be available to all and contraception should be made freely available to all.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:12 am

Charlou wrote:Some of the information would be news to older people too
The more information about the proper use of contraception, the better. Some adults are amazingly ignorant. A class mate of mine once told me that a man will prevent conception by holding his breath while he orgasms. I asked where he got that "information" from. It was his father. Amazingly, he was an only child. Maybe his mother knew better.

Conservatives tend to oppose sex education in general and spreading information regarding contraception in particular on the grounds that they will encourage "sexual licentuousness". Statistics do not support their claim. Statistics do show, however, that a lack of knowledge about sex and contraception increase the incidence of unwanted pregnancies, abortions and sexually transmitted diseases.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould