What are you playing now?

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 am

Cheers Ani. I'll check that out. I'm currently stuck on the double boss team in Anor Londo, lost all my humanity and about 40k in souls since neither the npc nor the people I've spawned were any use. It's pissing me off, especially since I went all the way through the demon pits and darkroot forest (that fucking wolf!!!) without any problems. This made both Sen's and the normal spawns in Anor piss easy, but those two bosses keep tickling my sphincter raw.

I love this game.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

When I approached the steps up to the palace after the second gargoyle with the two giants on top I was trying to draw them out one at a time when I noticed a summon sign so I called the person and waited for them before approaching.
The guy materialised and I started slowly approaching the giants again. Next thing the dude just dashes up without fear and takes down the two giants in a mass of flames and disappears around the corner. I ran to catch up and he was taking on 3 winged imps when I reached him.
It went on like this, him sprinting throughtthe level, me in toe adding in what sly digs I could. We got to the boss and there was another summon sign in front of the fog so I got him too. This guy had a big, fiery sword. We traversed the white light to meet the duo. The two guys took on one each. I kept my distance firing in soul spears. The fight was over in a couple of minutes.
And that was it. Anor Londo completed bar I hadn't harvested goodies. The two guys gone back to their own world and me feeling like a complete amateur :ddpan:

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm

That game you guys are playing looks and sounds amazing, but I think it would make me angry. I get frustrated easily. I'm playing through Shadow of the Colossus. Just started last night. And I'm getting pissed off already, and that's a pretty simple game. Mostly camera/controls issues. The camera has a mind of its own, the horse has a mind of its own (it's fucking spastic or something), and the main character doesn't do what I want him to do. After like the tenth time trying to jump up the first colossus's fur, and Wander not cooperating, I get to the stage of yelling at the TV screen. "What the fuck?! Jump, you stupid fucking retard! Jump! Why won't you jump you fucking cunt?! Aaaaargh!!!"
I hope my neighbors didn't hear me :oops:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

stripes4
Mrs Pawiz esq.
About me: lucky
happy
bossy
lumpy

Post by stripes4 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Tatt, are you supposed to enjoy playing these games??? Maybe I'm missing the point!!
Generally opening mouth simply to change the foot that I'll be putting in there

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 pm

stripes4 wrote:Tatt, are you supposed to enjoy playing these games??? Maybe I'm missing the point!!
Never found yourself staring at a computer screen at 4am then? :hehe:

Lucky you. :ddpan:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:27 pm

stripes4 wrote:Tatt, are you supposed to enjoy playing these games??? Maybe I'm missing the point!!
I DO ENJOY THEM, GODDAMMIT :lay: YELLING MAKES ME HAPPY :lay:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Farmville.

NOT!
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:03 pm

tattuchu wrote:That game you guys are playing looks and sounds amazing, but I think it would make me angry.

Don't want to play the GOTY?
That's your loss :coffee:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 pm

I am raging! I got the big fat boss down activated the cut scene and like a fucking moron ran to the middle of the room thinking I only needed to drop one of them after all. Died again when they merged into that frigging omniboss. Still I now know what I'm doing wrong and how to solve it. I'm going to grind the guards and gargoyles for 2 levels to get my endurance up. I'm not getting enough multipliers on my soul arrows.

I also watched all of that video. He misses so much of the game out
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
and in the end he deletes the character. Madness!
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Rob
Carpe Diem
About me: Just a man in love with science and the pursuit of knowledge.

Post by Rob » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I AM PLAYING SKYRIM

...... in 18 days....
I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. [...] I don’t feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn’t frighten me. - Richard Feynman

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:45 pm

hmm I'm waiting to see how easy it will be to mod.. I've been modding for the Gamebryo engine for.. a long time :P

Probably doesn't use .nifs and will require a whole new export/import script. Bah.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 pm

This final boss is doing my head in. He's just up in my face constantly attacking. I can't get a strike or a spell in on him. Can't get behind him or keep a distance for ranged attacks. Complete bastard!
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tigger
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 piccolos
About me: It's not "about" me, it's exactly me.

Post by Tigger » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Animavore wrote:This final boss is doing my head in. He's just up in my face constantly attacking. I can't get a strike or a spell in on him. Can't get behind him or keep a distance for ranged attacks. Complete bastard!
Slipping, dude.
1k+ posts and locked.
Start another someone.
Seth wrote:Fuck that, I like opening Pandora's box and shoving my tool inside it

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 pm

:yes:

I fucking did it!
Oh holy shit; my heart is pounding.
Fuck yeah! Fuck that was close.

I need a drink.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Grats.