What are you playing now?

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

What are you playing now?

Post by The Curious Squid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm currently working my way through Mirror's Edge on the PS3.

It's a Parkour game played in first person POV which follows the story of a Runner who is trying to prove the innocence of her sister in a murder trial. Really enjoyable and different for a first person shooter (since you rarely have guns and are encouraged not to use them whenever possible) The addition of Time Trials makes the longivity of the game better too since whenever there's a scoreboard I get really competitive.

Also playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii, it's not as good as Ocarina of Time but still very enjoyable and a great addition to the series.

We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Trolldor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Finished Mirror's Edge - it has some annoying glitches, but otherwise top shelf quality.

Still Playing twilight princess... not the best game ever concieved. Missed one teleport point because they wouldn't come close enough together.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

JasonK
About me: I do computer stuff. I have 2 cats and the best girlfriend in the whole world.

Post by JasonK » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:44 pm

born-again-atheist wrote:Missed one teleport point because they wouldn't come close enough together.
All you need to do is kill the straggler first, then kill the two that are close simultaneously just after. Easy enough. But I agree that it's not the best Zelda game by any stretch.

I'm playing MadWorld. Fuckin' awesome.
Oh, and Fallout 3 still.
Deep within this endless void
searching for a sign.
The vessel forged inside of me
watches over, like the death of the moon

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:46 pm

JasonK wrote:
born-again-atheist wrote:Missed one teleport point because they wouldn't come close enough together.
All you need to do is kill the straggler first, then kill the two that are close simultaneously just after. Easy enough. But I agree that it's not the best Zelda game by any stretch.

I'm playing MadWorld. Fuckin' awesome.
Oh, and Fallout 3 still.

There were four, and I could only ever kill two at a time - at which point one of the other two would howl.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Half-Life2 again.

It still gives me the willies even though I know it like the back of my hand. :mrgreen:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

JasonK
About me: I do computer stuff. I have 2 cats and the best girlfriend in the whole world.

Post by JasonK » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:49 pm

born-again-atheist wrote:There were four, and I could only ever kill two at a time - at which point one of the other two would howl.
They won't howl until there's only one. So if there are four you can kill 2 and 2. I promise. :tup:
Deep within this endless void
searching for a sign.
The vessel forged inside of me
watches over, like the death of the moon

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Fanny
Benny Lava Lava

Post by Fanny » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Major Eyeswater wrote:Half-Life2 again.

It still gives me the willies even though I know it like the back of my hand. :mrgreen:
I remember when it came out. My mate bought it and I stayed at his house and clocked it overnight. Once I got up to the hovercraft level, I had to go full retard and finish the fucker.

I loved half life uno.
Fanny - obnoxious bastard extraodinaire

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:02 pm

JasonK wrote:
born-again-atheist wrote:There were four, and I could only ever kill two at a time - at which point one of the other two would howl.
They won't howl until there's only one. So if there are four you can kill 2 and 2. I promise. :tup:
:dono:

Must of glitched on my game, then, because my brother said the same thing.

Max Payne 2 is hella cool.

Plus Fallout 3... but no so much anymore because I've got almost very legendary weapon and am only missing about two or three (non-main quest) locations on the entire map - no need for the explorer perk anymore, I know them all too well by now.

Samurai Warriors 2 - empires. Unfortunately the RTS element is tiny, disappointing game.

Will look for more sexy time games later.

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:10 pm

After posting the OP I played the first level of Killzone 2 on the PS3 too, I think it looks great but it seems like a clumsy version of Halo to me. The controls are really sluggish.

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:29 pm

We had a game of Tumblin' Monkeys earlier. :dono:
Bloody Greta Garbo

Fanny
Benny Lava Lava

Post by Fanny » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:28 pm

MCJ wrote:We had a game of Tumblin' Monkeys earlier. :dono:
:hmmm:

:coffee:
Fanny - obnoxious bastard extraodinaire

leo-rcc
Robo-Warrior
About me: Combat robot builder

Post by leo-rcc » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm

I still haven't started GTa IV yet. I'm still enjoying Vice City too much.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
My combat robot site: http://www.team-rcc.org
My other favorite atheist forum: http://www.atheistforums.org

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard

Post by The Curious Squid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:47 pm

MCJ wrote:We had a game of Tumblin' Monkeys earlier. :dono:
Do you really want us to start the MMORPG conversation MCJ? :D

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Been playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion on the PS3 forever! just started Fallout 3 as well - same engine, so easy to get used to.

But haven't played PS3 for a few weeks - too busy posting - I tend to go in phases with games consoles - ie. a month of little else and then 6 months of inactivity.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I just had a game of Playing Gods. :mrgreen:
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.