The Last of Us.

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: The Last of Us.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 am

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:
tattuchu wrote:Uh...the ending. WTF, Joel? :what:
That ending smelled of 'sequel' to me.

Good game, innit? :)
I hated it at first (despite the awesome prologue), but then I warmed up to it, and then eventually I loved it (despite some annoyances). It really was one of the most remarkable games I've ever played.

I had twice as many hours into it as Ani (because I kinda suck and I die a lot) and now I've started a second game. My understanding is that health and weapon upgrades carry over and remain intact, so that's cool.

Question: What's up with all the Firefly tags (not to mention comics) that I collected? What's the purpose of collecting them?
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 am

tattuchu wrote: <snip>
Question: What's up with all the Firefly tags (not to mention comics) that I collected? What's the purpose of collecting them?
Dunno. I've only ever watched a walkthrough of it and these were never explained in it. :dunno:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 am

I got pissed off with it at the generator bit where you just get fucking mobbed. Playing skyrim now. Much more my type of game
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

Azathoth wrote:I got pissed off with it at the generator bit where you just get fucking mobbed. Playing skyrim now. Much more my type of game
Yeah that totally pissed me off. Eventually I decided not to try and fight, threw a smoke bomb, and ran like hell :?

Late in the game there's a bus-strewn alley you have to go through that's crawling with these fuckers, with spore boys galore. At first I tried to kill them. Because they need to die. But that wasn't working. So I just tiptoed through the lot of them. I was shitting bricks, but it ended up okay.
And then I got to the hospital :ddpan: Sometimes I prefer the zombies. At least they're stupid.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:21 pm

You guys suck :hehe:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Animavore wrote:You guys suck :hehe:
I really do :( I'm having an easier go of it this second time through, though. There were several areas so far, on my first play-through, where I depleted all my ammo by killing every last son of bitch there was, ultimately to no benefit. So this time I just snuck by them. And even when I do kill the enemies, I'm smarter about it. I stealth kill everyone I can. Now my health is always maxed out, as is my inventory of items.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm at the generator again, the point in which spo' boy first appears. I'm going to try and kill him this time and see what happens. I just killed a bunch of lesser enemies here. I don't remember encountering them before. Only when I fired up the generator did enemies appear. But if I cleared out all the lesser enemies and I only have spo' boy to deal with this time, I'm wondering if I can beat him. Of course I don't have to kill him, and it'd be a waste of ammo to do so. It's just the principle of the thing. He pisses me off :irate:

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 am

Second spo' boy, I should have said. Anyway, that didn't work out so well. When I restarted my game from the save file, all the enemies I'd killed had regenerated. So I had to kill them all over again. Then when I started the generator, it didn't matter, more appeared. Killed them, then spo' boy comes shambling along. Threw a smoke bomb at him and started hitting him with shotgun blasts, to no avail. I died. So I said fuck that shit and I tried again, this time just throwing smoke bombs and running like hell, like I did on my first play-through. Meh.
So now I've finally crossed the bridge and I'm traveling with that dude and his little brother. We're in some sewers, got separated, now it's just me and the boy for the time being. I had a hell of a time clearing out this upcoming area before. It's swarming with infected. I'm getting pretty good with taking down enemies by stealth. I hardly use any ammo and I rarely need health. But this bit was a bitch. Might be a bitch again. Some of these infected, stealth doesn't work on them. They're cocksuckers like that.
:sigh: Might be time to put this up on ebay. Not sure I want to finish it. I'm doing very well with opening every door, every safe, etc, and getting all the collectibles, everything that can be gotten. But who gives a shit? It's not like that's gonna do anything for me.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 am

Oh! You mean that "generator" bit. I thought you meant the bit where you play as Ellie and you fight off the hoardes with that (turns out to be) creepy guy. That bit was hard. took me about twelve goes.

The bit you're talking about took me three goes.

Man you suck way harder than I thought.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am

Actually, wait! You're before the bit I'm thinking of if you're only at the sewers now. Which bit are you thinking of?

Do you mean the keycard bit?

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:18 am

Animavore wrote:Oh! You mean that "generator" bit. I thought you meant the bit where you play as Ellie and you fight off the hoardes with that (turns out to be) creepy guy. That bit was hard. took me about twelve goes.

The bit you're talking about took me three goes.

Man you suck way harder than I thought.
After you hunt the deer as Ellie and meet up with the creepy guy, and hoards of infected climb in through the windows? Oddly enough, I didn't have too much trouble with that.
This bit I'm at now, at least I'm fully loaded. I'm maxed out on ammo and health. We'll see what happens. I do suck hard, there's no denying that, but I am having an easier go of it this second time around.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 am

Animavore wrote:Actually, wait! You're before the bit I'm thinking of if you're only at the sewers now. Which bit are you thinking of?

Do you mean the keycard bit?
Naw, I'm past that. I got chased by a tank, got split up, jumped/fell into the water off the broken bridge, washed up on shore with the help of the black guy and his little brother. We opened a big grate, and now we're in a sewer system. I (Joel) just triggered some kind of trap or alarm or some shit, a big door came down, and it's me and the kid on one side and Elle and the black dude on the other. They got swarmed by clickers, so they ran off. Now me and the kid are facing this kinda camp-like area in the sewers. I just got the stubby shotgun. Ahead of me are lots and lots and lots of infected. They seem fucking endless. Haven't fought them again yet. I saved my game and quit for the night.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:29 am

Have you played on Hard or, whatever the highest one is yet?

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 am

Animavore wrote:Have you played on Hard or, whatever the highest one is yet?
No, fuck that :hehe: I'm playing on normal setting.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 am

tattuchu wrote:
Animavore wrote:Have you played on Hard or, whatever the highest one is yet?
No, fuck that :hehe: I'm playing on normal setting.
Actually Hard and Survival (I just remembered) are the exact same except they take away your 'listening' on the latter :ddpan: